No Right Answer: Best Nicktoon Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Nicktoon Ever

Kyle is a pretty attractive red-head, but he's no match for our good friend Lisa Foiles! Watch as Lisa lays the judgement smack-down on her previous employers.

Watch Video

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Fairly Oddparents, definitely. It's never either of the two choices they have on here. At least not for me, funnily enough.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Sponge Bob quickly turned into the Simpsons, meaning that the early seasons were good, but after a while they began to get really lame, really fast. Right now, it just needs to retire, save itself any further degeneration. I know it's profitable, and the kids will eat up anything, but the show has no dignity anymore.

My vote would be fore Angry Beavers though. It was funny then, and it's still funny today.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
How could Avatar: The Last Airbender possibly NOT be the greatest Nicktoon? It's one of the greatest cartoons of all time (and an all around great show in general!)

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
I'm sorry, but I have to go with Doug, Rugrats, or Ed, Edd and Eddy.

INeedAName said:
How could Avatar: The Last Airbender possibly NOT be the greatest Nicktoon? It's one of the greatest cartoons of all time (and an all around great show in general!)
I agree, but for some reason Avatar doesn't feel like it fits this category. Maybe because I didn't watch it until all seasons had aired, but in all honesty, it's more than just a simple Nicktoon.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Unfortunately this topic DOES have a right answer, but a debate between Avatar: The Last Airbender vs. Avater: The Last Airbender wouldn't have been very much fun to watch

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
INeedAName said:
If it was far the best show ever on Nick, Avatar would definitely be in the running. I think their prompt for this episode was for more kiddie, comedic shows.

I kind of feel bad for Nick, they could have had the best cartoon on their network right now, but they let Pendleton Ward take Adventure Time to Cartoon Network. And now from AT, Cartoon Network has Steven Universe too.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Totally agree with the verdict. While other Nick toons might make a good opponent for Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob isn't one of them. I've been watching cartoons for nearly 30 years now and, of all cartoons people love, I've always felt that Spongebob is the most overrated.

FightingFurball

Jul 26, 2011
Mikeyfell said:
Unfortunately this topic DOES have a right answer, but a debate between Avatar: The Last Airbender vs. Avater: The Last Airbender wouldn't have been very much fun to watch
Brings me to the idea of Avatar: The Last Airbender vs Batman: The Animated Series though, that would be fun to watch ^^

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Totes agree with Lisa. Glad she won this episode. I mean come one, Sponge Bob could never stand up against the "nipples of the future"!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I like both shows, but I'm leaning more towards Rocko's Modern Life. Spongebob episodes have gotten kinda meh as of late, it's a bit too childish. And yet kids will still watch it because it's all they know.

Rocko on the other hand, is more... focused, I guess. I especially like the adult humor you wouldn't get until you were older. Compare shows like Family Guy, which forces adult material in your face.

As for shows not on here: for Old-School, I'm sticking with the Angry Beavers. And for New-School, Avatar: The Last Airbender is my show of choice.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
FightingFurball said:
Mikeyfell said:
Brings me to the idea of Avatar: The Last Airbender vs Batman: The Animated Series though, that would be fun to watch ^^
that would be a great one for "best cartoon ever"

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Batman the Animated Series - the one Batman cartoon that didn't suck ass.

Ever watch Beware the Batman?

Don't. I had to resist the urge to scream after a few minutes in.

Not to mention it's in CGI.

I despise CGI, but everyone's using it now.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
I didn't even watch it (Animaniacs was my show), but isn't Ren & Stimpy considered THE Nicktoon?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
The problem with Spongebob that Lisa almost got to is that Spongebob can be disturbing: not in a "woah, that cartoon character stretched out from emotion!" way, but a "why is he so UGLY all of a sudden?" way. For example, that screenshot where he has a grey beard. Also, the humor being childish isn't a problem, but it is hit-or-miss regardless of the topic. Spongebob is weird for the shock value; Rocko is weird for the emotional emphasis: from fear to embarrassment to joy.

Vyress

Jul 12, 2010
Well, Avatar is probably the best Nicktoon ever.

But I can't believe that she actually has to argue for Rocko's Modern Life being a better show than Spongebob...
I always thought it was quite obvious.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Reed Spacer said:
Batman the Animated Series - the one Batman cartoon that didn't suck ass.
...and gave us Mark Hamill Joker. That alone made it awesome.

Granted, Troy Baker looks like he has that voice down pat...but Hamill still owns. (I still want to hear Baker do the "One Bad Day" speech like Hamill did [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec].)