No Right Answer: Best Post-Daily Show Career Ever

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
Burt Wonderstone pretty much killed off Correll's career while Colbert is killing it with the Colbert report. He even has his own ice cream :I

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Colbert is a BOSS! He's totally rockin it on the Colbert Report! How about that USO special he hosted for U.S. troops in Iraq, from one of Saddam's former places? Even the poliicians he joked on got some good jabs at him there (including Bush, McCain, and Obama). And don't forget the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
And why the hate for Olivia Munn? I mean, I lost some respect for her once I heard she supposrts PETA, but she's still hot.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
I don't buy that when the Bush Administration had Steven Colbert speak at the Correspondents Dinner that they didn't get his schtick. While he was a flawed president with some very wrong-headed policies, he was smart enough to know when he was being made fun of.

Also, Steve Carrell all the way. He is the Leslie Nielsen of our generation.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Every single video of this Olivia Munn character has been denied in my country (UK), so I guess it's safe to say I don't like her since she doesn't like me (my country) >_>

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
While I enjoy Colbert more, I'd have to agree that Carrell has had the more successful career, in a matter of scope, not necessarily quality. Meaning that he's covered more ground on television and film and reached a wider audience.

Though oddly, I have to mention that my spellcheck underlined "Carrell" but left "Colbert" alone...

Anyway, out with the old, in with the new: everything's comin' up John Oliver!

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
WHAT IS THIS? THE KITTY IS NOT MOVING!!!!!

I'd say Carrell, just because I know who he is. I barely know who Colbert is and it's because of a few people talking about him on the internet.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I guess Carrell has the more successful career, but I find Colbert more enjoyable.

And on top of his mother passing away, Colbert loses at this. :(

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Dominic Crossman said:
Never heard of colbert, but may be cus I'm british?
So yeah evan almighty wims this one by default for me I guess
Much like John Stewart, Colbert has a news show. Though his is more directly dedicated to making light of stupidity and horrible things through absurdity and satire while Stewart is more serious and just kinda directly makes fun of stuff.
They're a fantastic team of shows.
http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/thu-june-20-2013-joss-whedon

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Urameshi13 said:
I don't buy that when the Bush Administration had Steven Colbert speak at the Correspondents Dinner that they didn't get his schtick. While he was a flawed president with some very wrong-headed policies, he was smart enough to know when he was being made fun of.
Did you WATCH it?
They understood his schtick, but not until it was too late and he was already there doing it. Either that or they though he'd be intimidated into turning it down. He wasn't.

anonymity88 said:
Every single video of this Olivia Munn character has been denied in my country (UK), so I guess it's safe to say I don't like her since she doesn't like me (my country) >_>
Just look her up on YouTube. She's bound to come up.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
Ed Helms?

He seems to be doing well for himself. Not as well as Steve Carell is doing right now (no one is, that's why he won) but Ed Helms is doing at least as well as Colbert is.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Fuck it, I choose both of them.

IMO, both of them did different kinds of comedy/humor and both did them very well.