No Right Answer: Best Post-Daily Show Career Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Post-Daily Show Career Ever

While Chris was Nintendo-ing it up at E3, Kyle and Dan decided to dive into a little debate that was suggested by a fan.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
You guys missed the boat on images. I can't believe that you didn't have a single frame from Even Stevphen!

And I think Olivia Munn was about as good as Jessica Williams is now; I understand what they're trying to do, but they need to find someone like Samantha Bee who actually has comedic timing.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I disagree with the outcome. Mainly because The Colbert Report did what CrossBalls & Tough Crowd With Collin Quinn couldn't do. And thats be a Political Comedy that would have as much success as The Daily Show.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
impocalyptic said:
Who's Olivia Munn?

She is actually quite good as Sloan Sabbath on HBO's Newsroom. I didn't take her seriously as an actress until I saw her on that show.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Woah! The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are NOT "fake" news shows! Now, they are limited by time constraints and how many stories they can get to while providing as many good jokes as they can, but they sure don't report "fake" news.

Some of the news they report on may be small news, like the meteor flying over Russia bringing up Russian dash cams, but that's not fake.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Xman490 said:
Woah! The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are NOT "fake" news shows! Now, they are limited by time constraints and how many stories they can get to while providing as many good jokes as they can, but they sure don't report "fake" news.

Some of the news they report on may be small news, like the meteor flying over Russia bringing up Russian dash cams, but that's not fake.
True its not a Fake News Show. It however reports on the Fake News that comes out of Fox News; like this!
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-15-2012/it-was-the-best-of-times--it-was-the-best-of-times

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Great to see them do this! I disagree with the result, but respect how they got there and I am not about to complain.... too much :D
I stand by what i said in the post SNL comments section, Colbert should have won this, but I enjoyed this episode nonetheless.

Also the Caption of Jon Stewart not coming out from behind his desk because
"It is because
I am Short"

Made my day.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I would've given the edge to Colbert, mostly because he seems to have displayed much better consistensy in his comedy than Carrell.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Definitely agree with that last part, guys. Daily Show is kinda like the SNL of our generation...and we have definitely had some great people come out from that show. I'd watch it over MSNBC or Fox News any day if I want to have a laugh with my news. (That is...if I wasn't too busy gaming and getting my news from the net rather than watching those shows.)

CAPTCHA: good night and good luck

*Kronkite-esque voice* ...and that's the way it is.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
it is possibly true that nobody liked olivia munn, but I believe it is arguable that there are people that liked parts of olivia munn

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
it is possibly true that nobody liked olivia munn, but I believe it is arguable that there are people that liked parts of olivia munn
I see what you did there ;)

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I don't know which one I prefer. I actually thought the score would end up as even in the end. They're both funny. I love Jon Stewart.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
MorganL4 said:
impocalyptic said:
Who's Olivia Munn?
She is actually quite good as Sloan Sabbath on HBO's Newsroom. I didn't take her seriously as an actress until I saw her on that show.
This was one of my favorite clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3A_7KG9mJc

Cool to see the return of Even Steven, not really, but still. I appreciate Colbert's career more but Carell's probably been more successful. He can just retire if he wants to can't he.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I don't care what anyone says, Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn are heroes.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
RTR said:
I would've given the edge to Colbert, mostly because he seems to have displayed much better consistensy in his comedy than Carrell.
Yes but the flip side of that argument is that Carrell is more willing to take risks.

I'm going to have to go with Colbert, if just because of his billboard adverts.