No Right Answer: Best Revenge-fueled Badass Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Revenge-fueled Badass Ever

In honor of the latest attempt to milk Wolverine's movie franchise, the arbitrators of the arbitrary attempt to determine who seeks revenge the best, and who looks the best while seeking it.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Inigo Montoya and Batman are sitting quietly in the corner, waiting for this episode to be redone.

Also, I think Chris is probably dangerous enough, and certainly hairy enough, to play Wolverine if something were to happen to Hugh Jackman.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
No Guts? I know Dan isn't into the Japanese stuff, but... Seriously!?

*shakes head*

No right answer, indeed.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Well. Not a lot I can say to someone willing to bear their pasty physique on camera. I guess all that needed to be said, has been said.

Good on you, extremely furry web show host.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Inigo Montoya and Batman are sitting quietly in the corner, waiting for this episode to be redone.

Also, I think Chris is probably dangerous enough, and certainly hairy enough, to play Wolverine if something were to happen to Hugh Jackman.
That would be a different episode. "Who avenged their parents better?"

Anyway, good picks, and I'd have to agree that Kartos is the better example of someone doing everything for revenge.

Wolverine's great, but he's just too much more than just an angry revenge hungry guy out to kill to beat Kartos at this game.
Which, for Wolverine, is kind of a good thing if you think about it.

RogueportJack

Jun 13, 2013
Oh please, take your Batmans and Kratos's and Wolverine's. The true best revenge seeking badass is none other than Edmond Dantes.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Considering the number of vengeful characters out there, this is a debate that could go on for hours. Let's face it, no two characters would make everyone happy!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
RogueportJack said:
Oh please, take your Batmans and Kratos's and Wolverine's. The true best revenge seeking badass is none other than Edmond Dantes.
Probably one of the earliest revenge seekers :)
Also, manboobs?

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Indigo Montoya for the win. That's hilariously awesome.

Those two it's hard. Makes sense Kratos takes the win. Constantly wearing his family but killing/betraying those values all the time. Fooled by the gods, then punished for misinterpretation, then slaying them. He's a baddass I'd never want to meet.

Wolverine has less of a haunting and way more friends/morals/values than he realizes. He's in a society where there are so many others with very similar downfalls but doesn't see it. For a very old character, he can be quite childish. On the other hand his overall flavor is badass. I like how he fights, his powers, his regeneration, the fact he's Canadian and his slight gruff. He's a badass I would like to meet.

Batman is horribly overdone, but that's just me. Compared to these three I find him bland.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Kind of disappointed on this one. I agree with the verdict, but don't think Wolverine should even be in the running. Wolverine has revenged stories, but it's not the basis for his character.

What could have replaced him? Inigo Montoya was mentioned in the video, The Bride from Kill Bill, Marf from Sin City, and the m-f'n Punisher. There's hundreds more that would make for a better opponent for Kratos than Wolverine.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
All Kratos wanted was peace. In his case though the only peace he might find would mean a lobotomy.

Wolverine never seemed revenge fuelled, more driven by a desire to know himself. Never read the X-men comics though so I'm probably wrong.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
No Guts? I know Dan isn't into the Japanese stuff, but... Seriously!?

*shakes head*

No right answer, indeed.
I was thinking the exact same thing. He's the first one to come to mind when revenge and rage are mentioned.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Wolverine? WOLVERINE!? I love the X-Men but Wolverine's revenge stuff is only a part of his character. How about some Frank Friggin' Castle? Or better yet, Edmond Dantes? I like that they avoided Batman though, while there's no doubt he's a front runner, he's a bit over played at this point.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Like the stinger at the end, but let's be frank: The Count of Monte Cristo beats everyone else in the "revenge-seeking badass" category.

FightingFurball

Jul 26, 2011
Kratos is an asshole not a badass to be honest...
Batman would have been a good choice, when isn't he? :)

And I'm not so sure about Wolverine either as he is more anger fueled because of stuff happening than revengefulled by something specific...

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
The editing in this one was awesome. Captain Hammer, Penny Arcade, and then Dinosaur Comics, Loki, and Serenity all in one frame?

Also, @Mahoshonen wins.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
kailus13 said:
All Kratos wanted was peace. In his case though the only peace he might find would mean a lobotomy.

Wolverine never seemed revenge fuelled, more driven by a desire to know himself. Never read the X-men comics though so I'm probably wrong.
I got the impression that the kind of peace Kratos wanted was from him having killed every single living thing.