No Right Answer: Best Sports Movie Ever

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I have fond memories of both of these movies, but Chris was really out of his league (heh) on this one. Hells, Kyle should have gotten a point just for Chris bringing up the Sandlot sequels vs. The Mighty Ducks sequels.

HOWEVER...

Chris said:
Swat Kats is f-in AWESOME!"
I think I have my new ringtone. <3 Swat Kats.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
I was going to give it to Chris, because his one has a big cuddly doggie (and Swat Kats is pretty frikkin sweet), but that ball line just hit too hard and fast. One might say....like a Fast Ball!

.....I'll just leave that joke at the door.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
i64ever said:
Wow, absolutely pathetic. Neither movie belongs in the discussion. Neither is one of the top 5 sports movies, probably not top 10. I mean, how many sports movies have these two seen, anyways?! They just look foolish trying to pitch two forgettable movies in a genre that has given us such masterpieces. I think this video has finally shown us a right answer. These two should never touch a sports topic again. They just shouldn't.
And who are you to decide what they should talk about on their show, what makes something a good sports movie, what counts a forgettable, or even what choices they choose to debate about?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Also, two questions regarding Chris' shirt:
1. Where?
2. How much?

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Chris couldn't win this one. Not because The Sandlot sucks, it's a good movie, but it's not a sports movie. Also, I don't know why this wasn't pointed out by Kyle, but they're not a team. Yes, they play one game against a team, but that's just for bragging rights.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Remember the Titians
It had Turk.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/lovekakumei/scrubs-poison.gif
Nuf said.
Yeah probably. It at least better than both mighty ducks and The sandlot (i love both those movies tho). ALso better sports movies;

The Replacements
The Rookie
For the Love of the Game
Major League
Miracle
Friday night lights
A League of Their Own
Rudy

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Sandlot: not a sports movie.

But, given that I don't really like any sports movies, eh all the way across the board.

Unless A Knight's Tale counts. A Knight's Tale was awesome.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Not a movie but still worth mentioning.

Captcha; look before crossing... How does it do that?

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Of the two Mighty Ducks was a better sports movie, but for straight entertainment value Sand Lot was better.

RTR said:
Also, two questions regarding Chris' shirt:
1. Where?
2. How much?
Look up levelupstudios

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Glad Mighty Ducks won (with both flawless logic and an awesome quote). Loved that movie as a kid :D

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
rayen020 said:
ALso better sports movies;

The Replacements
The Rookie
For the Love of the Game
Major League
Miracle
Friday night lights
A League of Their Own
Rudy
Problem with most of that list is that they were sports movies that were good to people who like sports. For instance, I thought "The Rookie" was the most boring, drawn out movie to ever grace my television screen. A truly great sports movie to me is one that can keep the attention of people who don't even like the sport in question.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah the Might Ducks are great, but as a fan of the sport I gotta say while the Mighty Ducks 2 is good sports movie it's just a horrible, horrible, hockey movie, in the so bad it's funny category.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
You are both wrong. The correct answer is Goon. Now I've never actually seen this whole movie sober but every time my friends and I have watched it, we've always had a good time.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HELD ANYTHING BALL-SHAPED?!

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while. Keep it up guys, we love what you do. For honorable mention, I recommend A League of Their Own. Going with the theme of bitter coach that has to learn the game and life again, Tom Hanks was possibly my favorite angry coach.

i64ever said:
Wow, absolutely pathetic. Neither movie belongs in the discussion. Neither is one of the top 5 sports movies, probably not top 10. I mean, how many sports movies have these two seen, anyways?! They just look foolish trying to pitch two forgettable movies in a genre that has given us such masterpieces. I think this video has finally shown us a right answer. These two should never touch a sports topic again. They just shouldn't.
Whoa there, buddy. You must be new to this...they aren't trying to have end all discussion here. They pick a topic. They pick which of their favorites they want to put in as their candidate. They have a debate! It's all for entertainment, and isn't about who wins. If you're looking for more in depth look into a particular topic either figuratively or historically, I would suggest The Big Picture.