No Right Answer: Best Sports Movie Ever

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
Gladiator...because nobody said it?

edit: Caddyshack, Major League, Talladega Knights, Remember the Titans....

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I'd go with Any Given Sunday. Fantastic football movie, with many personal rises and falls contained within it, and it involves characters who are all deeply flawed. And also Elizabeth Berkley's hooha.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Why not Space Jam? that movie is fucking brilliant!
watched it last week, Netflix finally made it's way to norway and the first movie i watched was Space Jam.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Red Oni said:
BASEketball?
Agreed, but then I've got a soft spot for Parker and Stone. Also it was the only time Jenny McCarthy ever did an acting job I didn't hate.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I woulda picked Angels in the Outfield for baseball,

Azuaron said:
Sandlot: not a sports movie.

But, given that I don't really like any sports movies, eh all the way across the board.

Unless A Knight's Tale counts. A Knight's Tale was awesome.
Id count A Knights Tale as a sports movie :D Jousting was a legitimate sport lol

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Two things:
1) Kyle. And sometimes Chris. But mostly Kyle. The point of the drinking round was the spit take. Now it's just a way to get the other person not to talk while you make some grandiose speech. Can we get some saliva back on the table?

2) Try to be best
'Cause you're only a man
And a man's gotta learn to take it
Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it
History repeats itself
Try and you'll succeed
Never doubt that you're the one
And you can have your dreams!
You're the best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

You want to talk about inspiring coach? Insane kids who seem to have no other job than to spend every second of their lives in practice? Evil coach who definitely should not be anywhere near children? The wussy loser who gets his act together through playing said sport and even gets the girl who totally ditches him in the next movie? All topped off with both the most ridiculous yet effective sports anthem ever?

Karate. Kid.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
ravenshrike said:
You might want to fix your quote. I assume you were going to respond to me and then changed your mind but screwed up the editing.
Thanks, I still confuse myself now that the quote/edit buttons are at the top of the post instead of the bottom.

MightyLB

Nov 18, 2009
Gotta go with A League of Their Own as well. Also, anyone gonna root for Breaking Away?

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Baronvvoltage said:
Little giants. Had al buddy. Had John madden. Insta-win.
Little Giants would have been stylistically closer to Mighty Ducks. That would have been an interesting argument.

Basically what we came down to is the Sandlot is an excellent movie that is only slightly about sports, while Mighty Ducks is a nostalgia fueled average sports movie.

Bad News Bears (original) vs Sandlot

or

Mighty Ducks vs Little Giants.

Lately they've had tough times picking good opponents. Shame.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gotta say, I like Sandlot more, but Kyle did raise some very good points.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
There's a bit of humor to be found in two heavy-set fella's debating sports movies... With exercise DVD's on the shelf behind them. LOL

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Spot1990 said:
So last week zombieland was the better movie because it was just about zombies while shaun was a good movie that just happened to have zombies but this week the sandlot is the better sports movie because it's a good movie that just happens to have sports?
Mighty Ducks actually won. Did you watch the whole episode? =S Sandlot scored a single point.