No Right Answer: Best Sports Movie Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Sports Movie Ever

We thought after seeing Dan in a skin-tight jumpsuit, you might need a break from being horrified. The boys decided to go long, get down low and pick the best sports movie ever in a hail mary play.

Watch Video

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Maybe this should of been rename Best kids sports movie ever? (What, no Any Given Sunday, Rocky, The Substitude, Cool Running? Ok that was more of an comedy film.) Before you asked, yes I have seen the Mighty Ducks.

blanksmyname

Aug 2, 2009
I'm going to have to go with Bloodsport. Sure, I've never seen the film, but it's called Bloodsport, so it's simply got to be the best sports movie ever.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Dang. Can't do much now Chris. They got your star player.

Great show. I loved it, and I don't even care at all about sports.

:D Good show!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Remember the Titians
It had Turk.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/lovekakumei/scrubs-poison.gif
Nuf said.
Seconded. Maybe not for the exact same reason, but it did have Turk in it. That always gives it the edge.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Maybe this should of been rename Best kids sports movie ever? (What, no Any Given Sunday, Rocky, The Substitude, Cool Running? Ok that was more of an comedy film.) Before you asked, yes I have seen the Mighty Ducks.
Seconding this. What was with the two kids' movies?

Actually...question: Would the Rocky movies count for this discussion?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
GamemasterAnthony said:
Scarim Coral said:

Agreed. And even in "Kids Sports Movies", I'd argue for Bad News Bears (original with Walter Mathau) over both Sandlot and Ducks COMBINED.

Heck, even Kicking & Screaming, the Will Ferrell soccer movie, is funnier than these films.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Sandlot has Darth Vader, which means automatic win.

But Cool Runnings is the sports movie.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
GamemasterAnthony said:
Scarim Coral said:

I kind of feel like boxing doesn't count, our would be in it's own category. If you don't have a team our anyone that you have to learn to get along with, it's less a sport movie and more a personal journey

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
C'mon Dan, you like hockey and you didn't mention either Slap Shot or Miracle? For shame.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I'm going to go with A League of Their Own.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Firefilm said:
Best Sports Movie Ever

We thought after seeing Dan in a skin-tight jumpsuit, you might need a break from being horrified. The boys decided to go long, get down low and pick the best sports movie ever in a hail mary play.

Watch Video
Chris wins before it even starts. The Sandlot beats out any other sports movie. It had Darth Vader and Denis Leary and is, along with The Goonies, one of the best childhood movies ever.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I'm going to draw the highbrow card and go for Raging Bull, only because Rocky is too obvious.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
My favorites are Necessary Roughness (love this one since I'm from Texas) Major League for sports comedies and Hoosiers and Rudy for genuine sports dramas. I'm not really big into sports or sports movies in general but if its good I would be willing to see it.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
Wow, absolutely pathetic. Neither movie belongs in the discussion. Neither is one of the top 5 sports movies, probably not top 10. I mean, how many sports movies have these two seen, anyways?! They just look foolish trying to pitch two forgettable movies in a genre that has given us such masterpieces. I think this video has finally shown us a right answer. These two should never touch a sports topic again. They just shouldn't.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Somehow I've never seen Mighty Ducks 1 even though I've seen 2 like 5 times. But Kyle makes a good point that The Sandalot isn't really a sports movie, but a coming of age. It doesn't contain much baseball and climaxs with getting the ball back instead of versing the kids in the other town in the sport.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
that tittle had me expecting cool runnings vs space jam this leave me dissapointed. it was still good but come on the mighty ducks and a movie I've never heard of wat the F.