No Right Answer: Best Tim Burton Film Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Tim Burton Film Ever

What's black, white and striped all over? Anything Tim Burton has ever done. But what is the best film he's ever produced? Find out this week! Post or tweet your picks below, and the top three will get posted.

Watch Video

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Home?
I have no home.
Hunted, despised, living like an animal.
The jungle, is my home.
And I will show the world that I can be its master!
I will perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world.
Hahaha.

Look at that.
Can you make that sound good?
I rest my case.

Sweeney Todd is my favorite Tim Burton movie though. I know all of the dialogue and songs by heart.
Yeah...

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Home?
I have no home.
Hunted, despised, living like an animal.
The jungle, is my home.
And I will show the world that I can be its master!
I will perfect my own race of people, a race of atomic supermen, which will conquer the world.
Hahaha.

Look at that.
Can you make that sound good?
I rest my case.

Sweeney Todd is my favorite Tim Burton movie though. I know all of the dialogue and songs by heart.
Yeah...
Sweeney Todd, loved that film. I was like: "Musical? Err, no thanks" Then I saw it on DvD at a friends house.... :3

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Objectively speaking, I'd say Ed Wood or Edward Scissorhands are his finest films. You can tell there is a degree of personal affinity for those characters involved which his other work cannot quite match.

My personal favourite, however, would have to be Batman Returns. Thematically the most interesting of his catalogue, not least because of the inspired biblical inflections and Catwoman acting as an agent of third-wave feminism.

P.S

That said, this video series is pretty obnoxious.

D.S

secretshadow90

Feb 10, 2009
My personal favorite is Batman, with Sweeney Todd is second. Have been meaning to check out Ed Wood for some time just to see what all the fuss is about though.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I know you guys like to screw around, but if you had even considered bringing up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I would've had to GTFO.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
It has been a long time since I watched Big Fish, but I remember liking it.

oh wait I remembered something I didn't quite like, it has a young miley cyrus. Her role is very small, but it is one of those things that once you see it you always notice.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I must agree, if a grown man can watch Big Fish and now shead a single tear, he has no soul.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Big Fish is hands down my favorite Tim Burton film. It has his style without being another Beetlejuice clone. And it's just a feel-good movie.

It manages to be both completely sad, and happy at the same time.

But Beetlejuice and Batman would be close behind....

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Well... I don't like all of Tim Burton's work by a long shot, but I think you guys are being just a tad harsh on him.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I find your ruling invalid, Big Fish wins every time and not crying to it means you are Satan.

mikeli4194

Jan 10, 2010
"Ed Wood" is one my favorite movies of all time, let alone those by Tim Burton. Sweeney Todd comes in a close second

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Count_A said:
Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!
This for sure!

Although, if these are the two i have to choose from, Big Fish unfortunately (cause it's a good movie) get immediately disqualified for stealing 'Edward Scissorhand's' soundtrack.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
OH THANK GOD. More people who understand that Nightmare Before Christmas is NOT HIS MOVIE. I've been threatened with violence for correcting people on that point.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
I seriously love this series. It's like an argument I'd have but with pictures to get the point across. I haven't seen either of those Tim Burton movies so I'll withhold judgement.