No Right Answer: Best Tom Hanks Movie Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
I'd have gone with Catch me if you Can, but I just hate Hanks and have hardly seen anything with him in it.
Yeah... I cant stand tom hanks... hes a horribly generic typecasted nice guy. And has never done anything decent to show any acting muscle.. Even in Philadelphia which was his moment to do something different, he never moves away from all things expectable.

-IF- I had to pick.. I guess I'd go with the ladykillers (Forrest Gump is a sappy bundle of everything without the slightest focus, and Apollo 13 is just bad).. but that's solely because the Coen brothers can make even the lamest actors perform admirably.

But it's still not great.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Dan seems strangely mellow in this episode.

Anyone remember Bachelor Party? It's kinda cool how Hanks' character in that is a real perv but also just a really cool guy.

When people talk about Hanks' movies, Road to Perdition doesn't seem to come up that often. I've always thought it's one of his most unique roles, namely how he's playing a mafia hitman, which just feels so alien to his public persona.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
Sleepless in Seattle. Horny sleepless dude looking for love. After that he just got too serious.

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
Rogue 09 said:
Ugh... Couldn't even finish this video, the arguments were so poorly formed. Do you people have any sense of professionalism at all? It's like you pick a random topic, film two minutes talking about it without even thinking through your points, and edit it with pictures with dialogue that doesn't even resemble witty. You have this really unique opportunity, please stop taking a dump all over it.
We film more episodes at the end of the month, at which point I promise to be more professional and not to take any more dumps on this unique opportunity.

May I ask for suggestions? What would you have liked to have seen more of? Was it a frustration with the debate topics, or a lack of energy, or just that we rub you the wrong way? I'm genuinely curious.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
Rogue 09 said:
Ugh... Couldn't even finish this video, the arguments were so poorly formed. Do you people have any sense of professionalism at all? It's like you pick a random topic, film two minutes talking about it without even thinking through your points, and edit it with pictures with dialogue that doesn't even resemble witty. You have this really unique opportunity, please stop taking a dump all over it.
That is how I feel about this show in general. It really is a horrible feature, and I wish they would stop. I usually only watch until the frame with the two choices, then close tab.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
No mention of Big, at all? Seriously!?

This is the first of these that is pointless in my eyes.

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
No matter how well anyone will defend Forrest Gump, my view of it has been poisoned by my secondary school (yes, all of them) laughing at it because Forrest was retarded; and it was played as many times as was allowed.
Haven't seen Apollo 13, so can't comment.

I barely recognise Tom Hanks as an actor, maybe he's got a blank face?
Dan's reaction shot was coupled with a spot-on edit, well done.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Cast Away had to have been his best work... he was the only actor in it for the whole movie!

I mean who else could have turned a ball into someone you cared about at the end? lol

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
Rogue 09 said:
Chris Pranger said:
Rogue 09 said:
We film more episodes at the end of the month, at which point I promise to be more professional and not to take any more dumps on this unique opportunity.

May I ask for suggestions? What would you have liked to have seen more of? Was it a frustration with the debate topics, or a lack of energy, or just that we rub you the wrong way? I'm genuinely curious.
There is no problem with the debate topics, lack of energy, or any rubbing that you do. The problem is that you kids don't seem to research your positions and come up with talking points prior to the debate. It seems like a last minute affair where you try to come up with things to support your position as you go along.

This makes for a sloppy and boring debate. If you guys would actually try to come up with reasonable arguments for your side and weren't slurring your way through half the video, it would have the prospect of being entertaining. That's just one man's opinion. Thank you for responding and listening to criticism, that is definitely a strong point with your group.
The hard part is that much of the format is based on improv. The three of us will sit down either the night before filming or typically the day of and come up with a list of about 10 episodes, most of which we'll film in a single day (I live in Seattle and Dan and Kyle live in Portland, so the 4-hour time difference demands bulk film shoots).

From there we rely on our pre-existing knowledge of the topic and at times our own fanboyish to fuel our arguments as honestly as we can as our shtick is meant to be different forms of Internet commenters with Kyle being the TL;DR fueling sort, me being the blind ranter of "facts" as I see them, and Dan being something more like the hopeful optimist in the sea of overwhelming anger.

With this format, it makes pre-scripted debates more difficult as the goal is to be more a jumping off point for the greater debate within comments rather than a definitive conclusion, as if we really did sit down and start talking about a geek topic without a clearly-defined objective beyond proving our friends incorrect. Some people like this style and we like them for it. Others don't, and we like them as well but probably not as much as the people who like us. But we always aim to make a good product within our means, even if it strikes out with viewers every now and then.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Apollo 13 isn't even Hanks' second best movie. Forrest Gump and Saving Private Ryan are vastly, VASTLY better than Apollo 13.

Joseph Olinares

Feb 14, 2013
1. Forrest Gump
2. Castaway
3. Da Vinci Code
4. Green Mile
5. Terminal
6. Road to Perdition
7. Saving Private Ryan

Almost all Tom Hanks movies are great.... He did inspiring movies......