No Right Answer: Best Zombie Movie Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Best Zombie Movie Ever

Happy Halloween! Well, almost. Halloween seems to take up all of October these days, a creep similar to a zombie horde. Which flick does the dead best?

Watch Video

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Zombies NEVER go away. Ever.

But maybe we can get them all traped in a hole, or something.

:D Good show!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kyle forgot one major point: Zombies where still "fresh" when Shaun of the Dead came out. By the time we got Zombieland rigor mortis had already set in.

Plus, Shaun of the Dead is simply a hundred times better. :p

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I loved both Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead; both are good picks for the debate. (Shaun of the Dead was my personal favorite zombie movie for many years.)

However, I have to disagree. Tokyo Zombie is by far the best zombie movie. Too bad no one I know has seen it. :(

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Sorry I'm a Zombie purist, you have to go to the source of the infection: White Zombie(which totally needs a modern day remake) and Night of the living dead.

KoDOmega

Nov 22, 2009
I reserve the right to speak until after I've watched Zombieland.

But my gut says I'm gonna say SotD.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
It takes a man to wear pink. It takes a great man to wear kirby.

I can't really decide which one I actually prefer, considering just how different they are.

And upon reflection, I notice I haven't seen that many zombie movies, despite there being so many.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
wow do i hate this, i couldn't even stand 1 minute or watching this. once i heard they were only going to talk about Zombieland vs. Shaun of the Dead, i was pretty annoyed. So they're gonna talk about 2 parodies instead of actual zombie horror? Once again, these guys fail to give any interesting arguments at all. they seem completely unaware of the history of zombie movies, as they seem unaware of most things. (i'm surprised they're still here)

Dawn of the Dead is probably the best zombie movie ever. (no not the damn remake, though it was an OK remake) with Day of the Dead being a close 2nd. Those two movies not only created all the zombie norms we see today but they did it far better than any rip-off/parody could ever hope. The movie itself is actually good, with good characters and drama between them. Believable acting and decisions. There is simply no comparison at all. (and distant 3rd best would be 28 Days Later)

Now if they had put "best zombie parody ever" than this video maybe appropriate. i saw both of those movies, i would prefer Shaun of the Dead myself.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Shaun of the Dead has a zombie getting the crap kicked out of him to Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. No other zombie movie can beat that. I fell asleap watching Zombieland.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Zombieland is a fun zombie movie, and it has Emma Stone.
But Shaun of the Dead is a great movie (zombies only make it better, as said).

Both are good but SotD is the best movie, no doubt about it.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Shaun of the Dead is better, it's like, law or something.
Besides, SotD is just that much funnier, and I feel that the chemistry is just that bit better between the actors.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
No doubt that Shawn of the Dead is the better of the two movies.

As they mentioned, it's a great zombie flick with lots of gore, tension, suspense, horror, and zombies out for long pig. It's also a great comedy that can stand alone and be applied to any other disaster (apocalyptic, enraged animals, an alien attack, etc.) for it's well-written script, the fluid jokes, the romance that takes place, the human emotion, and the logical ending and comedic conclusion to the zombie outbreak.

You will laugh and cry throughout the film and in many cases you will do both in many scenes, which is a truly an amazing feat, and therefore, a great zombie movie, that definitely surpass Zombieland.

minispike47

Aug 15, 2008
Maybe its because i'm English but I found Shaun much funnier than Zombieland. Don't get me wrong, I really like Zombieland, its a fun movie. However, Shaun isn't just about cool one-liners. I can relate to the characters more because they seems real,they aren't some badasses with baseball bats...

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
As much as i love Shaun Of The Dead, Bill Murray's worth 10 points!

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
deathzero021 said:
wow do i hate this, i couldn't even stand 1 minute or watching this. once i heard they were only going to talk about Zombieland vs. Shaun of the Dead, i was pretty annoyed. So they're gonna talk about 2 parodies instead of actual zombie horror? Once again, these guys fail to give any interesting arguments at all. they seem completely unaware of the history of zombie movies, as they seem unaware of most things. (i'm surprised they're still here)

Dawn of the Dead is probably the best zombie movie ever. (no not the damn remake, though it was an OK remake) with Day of the Dead being a close 2nd. Those two movies not only created all the zombie norms we see today but they did it far better than any rip-off/parody could ever hope. The movie itself is actually good, with good characters and drama between them. Believable acting and decisions. There is simply no comparison at all. (and distant 3rd best would be 28 Days Later)

Now if they had put "best zombie parody ever" than this video maybe appropriate. i saw both of those movies, i would prefer Shaun of the Dead myself.
I can't say I'm a huge fan of the show, but I disagree. They have to rely on most viewers knowing what they're talking about. The video is a discussion and they don't have time to present both "things" in the debate first so they can start. And for all the popularity of zombies right now, very few people know the history and the classics of the genre. But they can count that most people have seen at least one of the two movies they discussed because they are recent.

Plus, they're more similar to each other than different, as you said (both are "zombie parodies" in a way), it would be stranger to compare Shaun with 28 Days Later, for example.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Zombieland was a great movie, but there were so many weird minor things in it that didn't make sense and bother me when I watch it now.

When they are in BM's house, when he walks into the room, the music they were listening to stops playing.

When Columbus goes up against the clown zombie, he is out of ammo. But later, when they are looking for a twinkie and hear a noise, his shotgun is loaded? Where did he find ammo?