No Right Answer: Most Insulting Movie Sequel

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
You guys needed to dig deeper on this - there's a lot of good suggestions here - or how about Wizard of Oz vs. Return to Oz? Did you SEE how creepy and wrong that second movie was?!

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
Mr. Q said:
Sorry, Kyle. But your Transformers entry doesn't count since the first one fails to meet the first rule's criteria.
True that. When he referred to the first Transformers movie I thought he meant, you know, THE first Transformers movie. As in the 1986 one that actually would have passed the first rule. Instead it was RoTF which was a crappy sequel of a crappy remake.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I'm all for giving Revenge of the Fallen almost any "Worst" prize. It's one of those movies so bad that Bay should be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity for unleashing such a rancid film. A film so bad it make you almost want Hollywood to go belly up just so they could not release more movies that bad.

But for this contest I agree it's not about how low did you sink but just how far did you fall. Indie just had a far greater drop. It goes cool and unexplained of the artifacts are something beyond scientific explanation to super lazy oh it's aliens. Also kind of taps that racism of it's something in Western culture like the Holy Grail it must be mystical but if it's not from Western culture then it must be aliens because no Western religions can't be valid. First Indian Jones a film so great it launches a new sort of Hollywood film, Transformers is just a poster child for what's gone wrong with Hollywood summer action films. One franchise fell from grace while the other just sunk even deeper in the mud.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
"..I'd like them to include Star Wars in that..."

However, I know, you know, they know, Disney knows, the world knows, we ALL know, that we'll be in that cinema the day Star Wars VII opens. and VIII. and IX. And that's why they're making more Star Wars. Because as much as you might say you don't want it, as much as you might truly and honestly believe that Star Wars doesn't need a Sequel trilogy, you know that you HAVE to see it. because it might be good.

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
This may be a long shot but who here has seen Class of 1984? An even longer shot Class of 1999?

The first was teen crime exploitation at it's best with just the right amount of 80's flair. Class of 1999 however lacked everything that made the original charming.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
Kyle could have had it, but you picked the wrong Transformers sequel.

Michael Bay's first Transformers is the worst sequel ever, because it's following THIS :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_Movie

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Mylinkay Asdara said:
You guys needed to dig deeper on this - there's a lot of good suggestions here - or how about Wizard of Oz vs. Return to Oz? Did you SEE how creepy and wrong that second movie was?!
I mostly remember a hall of disembodied heads and a flying bed with a talking moose's head. A lot of severed heads for a kids movie. I remember Neverending Story 2 being in that same vein of creepy WTFness.

But yes, there's a whole world of more insulting sequels; the first ones that popped into my head were The Odd Couple 2, American Psycho 2(not completely unentertaining in its way but there was no reason for it to be American Psycho), and as others pointed out, Highlander 2. Compared to those, Indy 4 & Transformers 2 weren't bad at all. I actually liked Transformers 2 more than 1; it was basically the same thing except you could see what the hell was going on when the robots were fighting. I know Transformers 2 started slow but 1 didn't exactly start like Saving Private Bumblebee or anything. Even Indy 4 wasn't far off from what I expected.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I would have picked the other franchise that has a 4th film in a trilogy. Pirates of the Caribbean. The forth movie ruined the franchise.

Draitheryn

Jan 20, 2010
For me the worst was Boondock saints 2. Tried so desperately to be its predecessor but fell short in so many ways. The jokes seemed stale, the characters no longer loveable. I will pretend it doesn't exist because, in my opinion, it is so bad it even ruined the first one for me.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
Mylinkay Asdara said:
I mostly remember a hall of disembodied heads and a flying bed with a talking moose's head. A lot of severed heads for a kids movie. I remember Neverending Story 2 being in that same vein of creepy WTFness.

But yes, there's a whole world of more insulting sequels; the first ones that popped into my head were The Odd Couple 2, American Psycho 2(not completely unentertaining in its way but there was no reason for it to be American Psycho), and as others pointed out, Highlander 2. Compared to those, Indy 4 & Transformers 2 weren't bad at all. I actually liked Transformers 2 more than 1; it was basically the same thing except you could see what the hell was going on when the robots were fighting. I know Transformers 2 started slow but 1 didn't exactly start like Saving Private Bumblebee or anything. Even Indy 4 wasn't far off from what I expected.
Way high severed head ratio for a child's movie - the hallways of screaming heads scene is positively haunting. The Wheelers?! On my honor those things creeped me off of ever roller skating or roller blading I think, subconsciously I just couldn't ever see those skates without seeing those guys - and the whipping them pulling the witches sleigh thing? Ugh. The whole movie is one giant creep fest.