No Right Answer: Most Underrated Marvel Character - With Jim Sterling!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Most Underrated Marvel Character - With Jim Sterling!

The sirs of squabble butt heads against the incomparable Jim Sterling in a race to see if anyone on the Marvel roster is more underrated that Mysterio.

Watch Video

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Namor shouts things like "IMPERIOUS REX!" while Mysterio is the villain I've really wanted to see in a movie, while Black Panther would make for an excellent addition to the Avengers arc.

Usually, I have a fairly weighted opinion for one choice, but in this case the only thing I can decide on is that Asbestos Lady is still awful.

I can't decide, so I'm going to default to Jim Sterling winning.

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
So, if I have the score correctly:

Namor vs. Mysterio - Mysterio
Mysterio vs. Black Panther - Mysterio
Mysterio vs. Asbestos Lady - Asbestos Lady

Therefore, by the transitive properties of this debate, Asbestos Lady > Black Panther and Namor. Give her a movie, stat!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
You know....about the diversity of marvel...Thor is a lady now (not a ladyboy even, a regular lady), Cap is a black man, nobody knows who the hell iron man is and there is an angel from a relatively unrelated universe in the avengers. How much diversity can fit in one screen?

More on topic: Asbestos Lady? Really? Eh....speechless.

Mysterio would be awesome to see on the silver screen though. I wouldnt mind Namor or Black Panther either for that matter.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
tzimize said:
You know....about the diversity of marvel...Thor is a lady now (not a ladyboy even, a regular lady), Cap is a black man, nobody knows who the hell iron man is and there is an angel from a relatively unrelated universe in the avengers. How much diversity can fit in one screen?

More on topic: Asbestos Lady? Really? Eh....speechless.

Mysterio would be awesome to see on the silver screen though. I wouldnt mind Namor or Black Panther either for that matter.
Iron Man is still Tony Stark that's been confirmed.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54132

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
The most underrated Marvel character is She-Hulk. The only reason the Guardians of the Galaxy are getting a movie and She-Hulk isn't is because they can make yet another movie starring a white guy. She-Hulk is stronger than Thor, funnier than Mysterio, and hotter than Loki. Yeah, I said it. Come get me.

She-Hulk movie. Make it happen, Marvel.

Jan 12, 2012
I'd love to see Mysterio use all practical effects in the movie to show just how real they can be. Everyone's blown away figuratively (and possibly literally) and it sparks an in-universe rush back to the old school of filmmaking. At the end of the flick, when Spidey finally tracks him down, the helmet cracks open and we see...

Also, I'm with the Facebook comments: I want a Black Bolt movie, darn it! Or at least work him and the Inhumans into the next Avengers/Agents of SHIELD.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
xD HA! Thank God for all of you!

Most fun episode in a long while.

Got to say though, I'm with Jim on Mysterio. He can be a villain, a Hero, can say; "D: I'm dieing!" then kick Spidy in the balls before running away, and he can trick Wolverine into killing all his friends.

What more could we ask for? :D

Failing that. A She-Hulk movie, or a She-Hulk & Hulk movie. :)

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Chiming in..... yeah, I want a She-Hulk film.

Ally McBeal meets WCW meets Sex & the City meets Robot Chicken meets stand-up comedy meets the Kool-Aid Man.

Why is this not a thing in the movies?!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Asbestos Lady vs. Cave Johnson.
Because c'mon.
You know it'd be pretty interesting :D
OT: Good episode today, going in the more obscure stuff, I see :)

i4njw

May 7, 2014
Does Daredevil count as underrated? In comic circles, he's pretty well loved (mainly because Waid and his ongoing is great) but in the public eye, everyone only knows him from that dopey movie. If he qualifies, he's definitely my pick.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
So what Jim is saying is I can blame Mysterio for Marvel unleashing a story about the Hulk banging She-Hulk and spawning a bunch of of inbred cannibal Hulks on the world.

Seriously. [http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-most-ridiculous-attempts-to-reinvent-superheroes_p2/]

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
So... Green Screen or a genuine visit from Jim? If it was green screen, it was very well done... Otherwise... how far apart do you guys live?

Anyway... Yeah, I'd love to see a well done Mysterio movie. Though I think they'd have to go with some CGI just for us to see it from the hero's perspective (ie, like seeing from the POV of people affected by the fear toxin in Batman Begins. Mysterio uses hallucinogens, doesn't he?).

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Squirrel Girl

Shes essentially a gag character but this gag character has: outwitted a army of souped up Nazi Mecha, beat Wolverine hand to hand, kicked Deadpool's arse, and taken down that one villain by herself oh whatshisname... THANOS

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Nico Minrou from the Runaways, funny, snarky, pragmatic, kind, brave and strong she has all the qualities that make her a great hero and someone who you don't want to piss off

Arel Hayles

Aug 28, 2012
MOON KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Jim_Callahan said:
Content aside, the format of this episode is just orders of magnitude better than the usual format.

You should stick to the whole "a challenger appears" bit where you cycle through fast-pitches for multiple options and each round results in an elimination. It gives it more of an actual debate/tournament feel and it lets you toss more of the nostalgia that's the sole draw of the show into a single episode.

Basically I'm not sure, having seen this one, that I'll keep watching if you go back to the old point/counterpoint format. I don't think I realized how bored I was with it until now.

(No offense, and obviously it's your show so do what you want. Just offering an opinion/feedback.)
The reason we do different formats is to see what people want. Your feedback is vital and appreciated, since now that we know that people like this style of debate, we can feel confident in doing more like it in the future. View numbers and further feedback will determine how often we do episodes like this of course, so if you truly like it, please share the link with everyone you can. If this episode gets higher than normal views, it gives us direct reason to keep doing things like this.

Personally I (Dan) loved it, though with no drinking round I was required to do more images. Ugg, editing!

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
The_Darkness said:
So... Green Screen or a genuine visit from Jim? If it was green screen, it was very well done... Otherwise... how far apart do you guys live?
I was visiting Portland and we filmed two episodes while I was out there. I plan to be going back now and then, so there should be more in future.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
The_Darkness said:

Anyway... Yeah, I'd love to see a well done Mysterio movie. Though I think they'd have to go with some CGI just for us to see it from the hero's perspective (ie, like seeing from the POV of people affected by the fear toxin in Batman Begins. Mysterio uses hallucinogens, doesn't he?).
No green screen I'm afraid. we are in Oregon and Washington, while Jim is based in Mississippi. He was on vacation in our neck of the woods, and we demanded he film with us. Despite having what can only be described as a plague of plagues, he agreed. What a trooper!