No Right Answer: Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

Sure, Agent Coulson is living it up on his own series now, but TV is a group effort. Who else should have their own television series?

Watch Video

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Dan looks like he was in a hostage video during the Expo pitch. Just sayin'.

I also agree with the DareDevil win. Law & Order but in reverse... with SUPERHEROES! Sounds like a win to me. But both choices could make interesting episodes of Agents of SHIELD and maybe they'll get a spin off.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Deadpool would be cool to have his own show.

THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I second the idea of Daredevil getting a show. And unlike CSI/Law & Order/NCIS, it can actually START silly instead of starting somewhat normal and getting more and more stupid. In fact, the sillier it gets, the better the show would be. Lull them in with the standard crime episodes for half a season and then Elektra shows up and we're suddenly dealing with ninjas.

Plus, there's potential for great cliffhangers. Like an episode ends with a teaser of a certain super-villain...

<------------------ *ahem*

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
Nice episode here and an interesting discussion, both characters would be pretty cool to have a TV series based around. Now personally, while I can see the need for more love for female Superheroes, I prefer Daredevil. That said, while I really like Daredevil as a character, and even his movie (loved the director's cut in particular), SilverUchiha's idea;
SilverUchiha said:
THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.
...is full of win. A Heroes for Hire TV series would be absolutely awesome.

If we are also including DC superheroes as part of this discussion then I'd also love to see a Gold Booster and Blue Beetle TV series.

Count_A'ight

Dec 29, 2010
Daredevil would be a good show. Street level is cheap to produce. Plus they could do a season of Matt dealing with the Hand. Ninjas are really cheap to produce and they are empirically cool.

Though Heroes for Hire would have me coming back every single week. Good point SilverUchiha!

icythepenguin

Jun 5, 2012
Daredevil could be interesting. I think Ms Marvel would turn into a Smallville-esque show if they tried it. Only it wouldn't have the clout of Superman to keep it going.

I think Heroes for Hire will probably come into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and possibly get a spin off from that. The first episode showed they could reasonably do Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The show is going to need to come up with superheroes at some point at those are the easiest, well except for the Punisher. Who should get his own show.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"Has to be cost-effective."

So, how do you do pull off the flying and energy blast-shooting Ms. Marvel television show, Chris? I know the most TV shows, nowadays, have really good budgets behind them to the point where they're almost as good as movies; but still.

It'd be easier to make a She-Hulk television series, because then you'd just have to find a charismatic, tall, and well built lawyer to paint green. Or, have her make a special appearance in a Daredevil show, which would totally work. Anytime you need to show off Matt Murdock's super-senses, just zoom in on his ear and up the volume on whatever he's "looking" for.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
We've already seen that a TV series about a female character balancing her superpowers against her personal life can work: The Secret World of Alex Mack!

Granted, I haven't watched the show since it was on originally, but I remember it being good!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
YES! Daredevil wins! People go nuts for detective and lawyer shows, so Daredevil's a no brainer. Bonus, he's a trained ass-kicker, so he'll beat up the perp in one half of an episode, then prosecute him in court for the other half. They could begin with taking on "normal" criminals, then step up to the costumed variety (and make the Kingpin the Big Bad for at least one season), then bring on the ninjas. Crossing over with S.H.I.E.L.D. is just gravy. About the Kingpin: we haven't seen him in a cartoon since the '90's; that must change.

And shall I assume you guys don't like the Superman/Wonder Woman romance going on in DC?

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
The Doom Patrol.

Capitalizes on the love of "weird" shows, like Fringe and Supernatural.

Plus, Doom Patrol is more interesting then, oh, most super heroes.

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
SilverUchiha said:
THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers.
This. In fact, during the AoS pilot I was briefly hoping that J. August Richard's character was Luke Cage and decided to become a Hero for Hire as he was unemployed.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Good win!

Deadpool would be truly amazing, but only if HBO made it.
Because PG13 it would suck harder than the supermassive black hole at the center of the universe!!!!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
UNHchabo said:
We've already seen that a TV series about a female character balancing her superpowers against her personal life can work: The Secret World of Alex Mack!

Granted, I haven't watched the show since it was on originally, but I remember it being good!
(Dan): Ermagerd I loved that show! Couldn't she melt or something? I forget that show too, but like you I remember loving it.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
YES! Daredevil wins! People go nuts for detective and lawyer shows, so Daredevil's a no brainer. Bonus, he's a trained ass-kicker, so he'll beat up the perp in one half of an episode, then prosecute him in court for the other half. They could begin with taking on "normal" criminals, then step up to the costumed variety (and make the Kingpin the Big Bad for at least one season), then bring on the ninjas. Crossing over with S.H.I.E.L.D. is just gravy. About the Kingpin: we haven't seen him in a cartoon since the '90's; that must change.

And shall I assume you guys don't like the Superman/Wonder Woman romance going on in DC?
(Dan): I don't speak for the other two, but in my opinion it adds a "Needs a guy" angle to Wonder Woman that she's gotten by pretty well without before. Granted I haven't read much of it personally.