No Right Answer: Superhero That Most Deserves a TV Series

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Firefilm said:
(Dan): Ermagerd I loved that show! Couldn't she melt or something? I forget that show too, but like you I remember loving it.
I remembered her being able to morph into a liquid; Wikipedia tells me that she could also send electricity through her fingers, and had telekinesis.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daredevil is the better choice to fit a TV show.

I'd watch both, though. I just have trouble seeing Ms. Marvel as cost-effective.

ZZoMBiE13 said:
Dan looks like he was in a hostage video during the Expo pitch. Just sayin'.
Well, we ARE a gang.

I'm guessing that means That the Escapist Expo is a ransom drop?

Kl4pp5tuhl

Apr 15, 2009
Red X said:
I'd rather watch a Starman series.
I'd love to see this as a show that moves from period piece with the first Starman to the 90s Jack Knight.

My pick however would be Planetary by Warren Ellis (Elijah Snow rocks) or a Law & Order-type show with She-Hulk or J?onn J?onzz: P.I. (Martian Manhunter posing as a Private Investigator). I'd watch all of those.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Spawn. Ok he had a anime series, but judging by how awesome that was, a live action series would be awesome.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
My life won't be complete until there's a Nightwing TV series. Or at least a movie *sigh*

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Well, I'm lucky to have seen Dredd recently (for free, thanks to an Amazon Prime membership), so I know the reference you made. It's more relevant than one or more of you guys might think, because "the law" goes against "what's right" many times in that movie, culminating in a main character's decision at the end.

JayDig

Jun 28, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.
I concur entirely.
Have Luke, Iron Fist, Misty Knight and Coleen Wing as main cast members and a bunch of B grade spiderman villains as kung-fu fodder. I think the Power Broker would be a good shot-caller type villain to start with because it would provide a good explanation for where all these convicts are getting their super-power-serum from, including Luke Cage. Because after seeing superheroes battling aliens overhead, every criminal or vigilante in New York would want some super juice.
Haha I think I want to see 'The Wire' but with Marvel NY instead of Baltimore and mutant growth hormone instead of crack .
Then on the other hand you'd have Iron Fist and his 'my parents were murdered, so I spent half my life becoming a magic ninja, now I'm back in the real world' baggage. But at this point we seem to be past the science powers/magic powers genre mixing.
Oh and Daredevil has to be their lawyer.

And Carol Danvers is an Airforce Pilot/Female Superman that fights alien invasions... That show would be either expensive or disappointing. I vote for feature film then full Avenger status.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
TechTim said:
Deadpool needs his own tv show as long as ryan reynolds doesn't play him
Has Ryan Reynolds ever HAD a good script to work with though? cause only two movies he's in that come to mind or Wolverine and Green Lantern and both pretty much sucked for reasons out side the actors control.

anyway. I'd watch a Ms Marvel show, bound to be more interesting then Dare Devil

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Yeah I got admit for an ongoing tv show Daredevil is better. He doesn't need many special effects and he doesn't need superhuman supervillans to work whereas Ms Marvel is flying around absorbing energy and blasting shit. It has the potential to end up looking really bad on tv and you would need equivalent villains if you want it to seem threatening to her. Anything less than city destroying is going to end up being "so why can't she just kick his ass?". She should get her own movie/series of movies though.

ShadowHamster

Mar 17, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
Deadpool would be cool to have his own show.

THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.
I'm nearly shocked this hasn't happened. Heroes for Hire would be great.

Also, god damnit, we do NOT need a Ms. Marvel show! She would be the WORST female hero to stick into a TV show, because she should totally be introduced in Avengers or her own movie. I honestly think she SHOULD be the first female hero to get her own movie, but her powers are over the top, I DON'T want to see what they'd do with her with the shit Special FX that they'd use in a TV show.

Also, Chris shows so much ignorance here! 1.) Ms. Marvel has NO iconic love interest. She's a professional woman who cared very much about her career in the military. That is a great place to start from to establish her, and take out an ENTIRE trope. You'd make feminists happy because you have a female character who just isn't attracted to any guy. KILL that trope. A super-hero movie is not a romantic fucking comedy. 2.) Daredevil cannot and should not join S.H.I.E.L.D.. It's one thing for Hawkeye, who has a very derivative but complicated back story being a sorta outlaw due to being confused and attacking Iron Man, it's another to take Daredevil, an established street level hero and lawyer, and making him a super spy. Nothing would piss me off more.

Yeah, screw that.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
ShadowHamster said:
SilverUchiha said:
Deadpool would be cool to have his own show.

THAT SAID... I want a Heroes for Hire show. Something low budget because Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't really have big CGI heavy powers. It's all physical stuff and some martial arts. You can have different heroes and villains appear as small characters, cameos, etc. It would be a great way to introduce smaller characters to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) without giving everyone their own show, movie, or one-off TV show. And who doesn't like bounty hunters? I think it'd be fun. I'm very surprised no one mentioned this.
I'm nearly shocked this hasn't happened. Heroes for Hire would be great.

Also, god damnit, we do NOT need a Ms. Marvel show! She would be the WORST female hero to stick into a TV show, because she should totally be introduced in Avengers or her own movie. I honestly think she SHOULD be the first female hero to get her own movie, but her powers are over the top, I DON'T want to see what they'd do with her with the shit Special FX that they'd use in a TV show.

Also, Chris shows so much ignorance here! 1.) Ms. Marvel has NO iconic love interest. She's a professional woman who cared very much about her career in the military. That is a great place to start from to establish her, and take out an ENTIRE trope. You'd make feminists happy because you have a female character who just isn't attracted to any guy. KILL that trope. A super-hero movie is not a romantic fucking comedy. 2.) Daredevil cannot and should not join S.H.I.E.L.D.. It's one thing for Hawkeye, who has a very derivative but complicated back story being a sorta outlaw due to being confused and attacking Iron Man, it's another to take Daredevil, an established street level hero and lawyer, and making him a super spy. Nothing would piss me off more.
Yeah, screw that.
She's getting her own movie, Marvel already has a working script. There's rumours she'll appear in Avengers 2 and Emily Blunt and Ruth WIlson are apparently up for the role.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
A Ms. Marvel tv show would get airtime. I can think of two reasons why. Also would'n't this get people to read the comics?

Candescence

Jan 7, 2011
Uh, I'm pretty sure there's a big roadblock towards a Daredevil movie being made - Fox owns the movie rights, at the very least. Not sure about the TV rights, though - Sony has the rights to make movies of Spider-Man, but they lost the TV rights, which Marvel has.

ShadowHamster

Mar 17, 2008
uanime5 said:
If you want a Miss Marvel TV show you have to explain what's so good about her (past, powers, villains). Given that the only reason to give her a show was that she's a female Avenger I'd have to say that there isn't any compelling reason to give her a TV show.

Why is Daredevil a judge rather than a lawyer? This greatly changes his character because as a judge he can do whatever he considers right, while a lawyer has to get evidence to convince the judge and jury to do something. I doubt many people would approve of a judge ignoring the law simply because he's decided that one side should win. Also Electra was boring so Daredevil would be better without her. A hero doesn't need a love interest.

I'd say a Daredevil show would be better because you can have several episodes about prosecuting minor criminals, rather than fighting supervillians. Something you can't do in a Miss Marvel show.
So
Ms. Marvel is a military trained professional woman. She hardly has love interests in the comic(except for a couple of infamous times under a couple of bad writers over 2 decades ago) because she is a professional woman who doesn't really have an interest in a relationship right now.

Furthermore, she's a great jumping-on point for the spacey aspects of marvel since her background involves absorbing a Kree Power Crystal which gave her the inherited powers of one of their guardians. Being human, she took the powers back to earth and fought for her people here. Her power selection, at first, was pretty standard. You had your super-strength, and your flight, and, oh yeah, she was really fast. This changed though as it became evident that what she was really doing in all of those situations was instantly converting energy, and that her power is probably limited by her mind more than anything else. She also started taking on memories from the aliens who had her crystal before her.

Ms. Marvel is a pretty cool character, and would be a refreshing female character because she isn't atypical. That being said, the sheer cosmic nature of her kind of needs a movie, and you could easily fit her into a movie by eschewing out stereotypical crap like love interests(which Chris was apparently just assuming we HAVE to do.), and daddy issues, and getting into "she is a female commando bad-ass with powers" right away. Kind of G.I.Jane but way cooler.

That being said, I think Daredevil works wonderfully for a TV show. You sound like someone who has only seen the movie(which I don't think is terrible, but wasn't good at all.) Jennifer Garner did a terrible job on Elektra. First off, she wasn't even a little Greek, she didn't come off as mysterious or exotic(two things that Elektra definitely is), and she didn't have that cold streak when it comes to revenge. Elektra is more than just a standard love interest, but unfortunately that is all she got to amount to in the original Daredevil movie(did you say something about an Elektra movie? That would be cool, too bad one has never been made. NO! None has been made! Seriously, none!) The only problem I have with Elektra is the old "why the hell did you bring her back" problem. She was written to die, it was actually kind of important to the story, but ninja magic can just bring her back any old time she goes off to die now.

Also, no, Matt Murdock's character would be completely different as a judge. As a Lawyer he doesn't have to play up anyone, as he isn't in an elected seat. Judges are elected, not just professionally hired. Murdock stays a lawyer so he can stay close to the worst parts of New York, and keep an eye on the heavy corruption and trafficking going on under everyone's noses. I do agree that his story would work great as a TV show rather than a movie. Elektra could come in more subtly as this beautiful greek girl who has chemistry with Matt. You could give Foggy, and Ben Urich more development time. Kingpin can be the guy behind the guys that Matt has to bring down, and there'd be a long story uncovering what Kingpin is doing. Eventually Daredevil's two-pronged attack on Kingpin's empire would take it's toll, and Kingpin would be arrested at the end of the 2nd season(with Elektra taking up the first season, and dying in the season finale), and then Kingpin would show off how deep his empire goes by running everything from his cell.

In the meantime you could establish other members of Daredevil's rogue's gallery, like Typhoid Mary, and the Hand Ninjas, who would then be prepped for movie appearances as one of the big baddies in the Marvel U. You could probably throw him Gorgon too, since he is currently the head of the Hand. Daredevil would be the perfect jumping on point for such things, since Wolverine is in legality hell, and they ACTUALLY DID GET THE RIGHTS TO DAREDEVIL BACK!!!!!(I saw a post saying it was owned by Fox, but Daredevil is one of the lisences that Disney managed to fenagle back into their seat, so the could totally run with this.

They could also do either Marvel Knights, or Heroes for Hire pretty easily WITH Daredevil since both groups involve Daredevil at least some of the time(he lead the Marvel Knights, and has been on and off as a Hero for Hire), and Kingpin is a major hitter for either group, since your power level is pretty low.(no asgardian gods or anything like that)