No Right Answer: Videogame Franchise that Needs to Die the Most

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Videogame Franchise that Needs to Die the Most

Sometimes the only thing keeping a franchise alive is nostalgia.

Watch Video

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
It's not just CoD that needs to die as a franchise, but rather the whole genre of spunkgargleweewee.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I knew Sonic was gonna be one of the options and that it would win before even loading the video.

Happy but also a bit sad to be right...

Please just die old friend :[

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
HOLY SHIT the guys are back on games again =O

OT: I would of chosen Resident Evil and Final Fantasy personally... but Sonic and CoD aren't bad choices either.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
SO... MANY... CHOICES!

Metal Gear is my nomination. You thought Call of Duty felt like watching a movie?

Could probably fit Dynasty Warriors in there too, come to think of it.

Radioactive Kitten

Nov 16, 2009
The Sonic series has actually improved recently with Colors and Generations. It only took them years, but they finally figured out how to make a playable and enjoyable Sonic game in 3D. I do agree that Adventures 1 and 2 aged like milk left in the hot sun, though.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Urh said:
It's not just CoD that needs to die as a franchise, but rather the whole genre of spunkgargleweewee.
Really the only thing that needs to die is that term

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
CoD: You looked at the past 3 years, which all had games in the series with very slight changes.
Sonic: You looked at the 10 years BEFORE those years, which at least had significant changes.

No need to look at Sonic's recent history, right? Just keep thinking about the middle-aged glitches, werehogs, and bad controls. There wasn't even a 3D Sonic game in 2012, because the developers probably figured, "Eh, we did our little celebration of the past 20 years and made up for it with VASTLY IMPROVED LEVEL DESIGN for the AWESOME levels from our most popular games back then. Let's give it a rest."

Seriously, go play Sonic Generations (or Colors, its prequel on the Wii) and see what I mean.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
erttheking said:
Urh said:
Everytime someone copies Yahtzee's terminology a koala gets its spine torn out. I can hear them screaming.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
I like Call of Duty, I think it's valid and fun, what I don't think we need are copycats of Call of Duty

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
erttheking said:
Urh said:
Everytime someone copies Yahtzee's terminology a koala gets its spine torn out. I can hear them screaming.
What's a koala doing fighting Sub-Zero?

Personally, I want CoD to die more than Sonic. While the Sonic games may be atrocious, they are not doing the damage to the game industry that CoD's popularity and sales have.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Good win for Sonic.
Maybe Mario or Resident Evil could've beaten his blue ass...

Some funny oneliners, so it's also a win for me as a viewer ;)