No Right Answer: Videogame That Should Be A TV Show The Most

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Videogame That Should Be A TV Show The Most

Chris and Kyle decide which videogame is destined for the boob tube. Also, a call to action for the fans after the credits!

Watch Video

Dec 14, 2009
New emblem?

[HEADING=1]I don't like change![/HEADING]

Also, Chris has a job involving video games, but can't talk about video games? Sucks to be you :D

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Good choices! Honestly I'd like to see both as a tv show.

I think Mass Effect might be a bit more show worthy, but it would require a lot more CGI than Bioshock and tv CGI tends to be crap. Bioshock would be easier to create.

Shalok

May 28, 2012
Really enjoyed this episode, but I am a massive fan of the Mass effect series and i don't see it translating to television without upsetting people simply because of the amount of choice, the whole paragon renegade thing. (Yes yes the ending I know), still i'd love to see them try.
Other games that would be awesome would be a Borderlands TV show, games with a linear plot would be much easier to translate and while i would also love a witcher tv series again you have the same problem of the amount of choice. (Yes I know there is a Polish one)

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
The one problem I have with this debate, is that Bioshock, by its very nature, can't be a TV show. For a fantastic example of why, see the scene in Andrew Ryan's office. Without the interactive nature of games, that scene loses practically all of its impact. It just wouldn't work as anything other than a game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Honestly I would of picked Fallout 3 over Bioshock as to me Bioshock seen to have a limited cast in my view when it come to being a TV show.

AS for the request, not too sure. I gonna have to look at past episodes comments that I was quite dissapointed on.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
I think my favorite episode is still the "worst video game movie adaptation" which would lose a lot of its sillyness if it was redone or redone properly.

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Why can't Chris talk about video games?

As far as episode to be revisited... "This generations 'Star Wars'" Maybe throw in the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe phenomenon now that we know how well Avenger's worked and more of their future plans with it.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Halo would make a good TV show, unless we are sticking strictly to the story of the games to make the shows plot. Saints Row would be an awesome HBO show. Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, and Dead Space might make good shows.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
The Fallout universe would be great for a TV show, especially on the heels of the Walking Dead. A gritty post-apocalyptic world that follows the population of a vault after it opens and tries to establish a city. You've got raiders, scavangers, traders, mercenaries, mutants, ghouls, and religious nuts all over the place! Damn you, now I want this to be a thing... Hurry up Wasteland 2, I needs me a fix.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Mass Effect would be almost too easy if it weren't for the alien cast members not being able to look very much like their in-game counterparts. Asari are even the easiest ones and their tentacle heads would still look kind of goofy as just rubber scalps and blue make-up, but almost every other species has an inhuman body type. But as far as the episodic nature and the dialogue scenes go the show practically writes itself, because the games so closely resemble your average sci-fi space opera.

Bioshock is the more intriguing idea but would nearly be impossible to make into a show while maintaining the original game's essence because Jack is such a non-character and the gameplay reflects that in that all he really does for the majority of the game is sneak, scavenge and kill things. BUT I think it could work as a big-budget miniseries that more or less follows the rise and fall of Rapture leading up to just before Jack's arrival through the perspective of a handful of it's citizens, maybe including Ryan, Fontaine, and Tenenbaum.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I'm for Fallout, the whole Fallout universe, not only FO3 (and please never FONV).
But only, when the Ghouls have no major role. We have enough Zomies in the media already.

But when forced to choose between what is given, i would take Bioshock.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Bioshock sounds like it could work better as a mini-series.

Also, Pizza metaphors are best metaphors.

Also, I like to think that the new logo and art are signs of growth for this show.

Pedro_chileno

May 16, 2011
I like the new look

Agree with Mass affect wining "Videogame That Should Be A TV Show The Most"

and my favorite episode is the "worst video game movie adaptation", but
switch roles in Craziest Person in Hollywood Ever pls.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
As for what could be the 100th episode, I wish I could come up with something more creative than Worst Batman Villain Ever.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Glad they brought up the Lost point. I feel like a Bioshock TV show would end up being just like Lost and would end up being somewhat shitty. While still an awesome presence I think Mass Effect would fare better than Bioshock just because it's more open than Bioshock

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
coheedswicked said:
Why can't Chris talk about video games?

As far as episode to be revisited... "This generations 'Star Wars'" Maybe throw in the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe phenomenon now that we know how well Avenger's worked and more of their future plans with it.
Chris can't talk about video games due to his recent job at Nintendo. They have instructed him that since he works for a videogame company, he could be seen as a face of their company. Thus, his opinions can't be willy nilly out there without their review, and it's just easier to tell him no talkie about video gamie on internetie.