No Right Answer: What Do We Want in the Justice League Movie?

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
What Do We Want in the Justice League Movie?

Since DC and WB are MIA in the good ideas department, Chris and Kyle step in to save the day. Can they save the Justice League movie before Marvel earns all the money?

Watch Video

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
Remember the Flash TV Show from the 90s? As a kid, I used to watch it religiously! Alongside Lois & Clark.

That's the DC I know and love!

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
I want it to not be terrible. So... WB probably shouldn't make it seeing as they try to take their superhero movies far too seriously and that only mostly works for Batman.

GoodNewsOke

Jan 30, 2014
Since I personally prefer Marvel over DC I only want one thing from the JL movie: Be good. That way Marvel Studios would have some competition for the Phase 3 stuff and competition is usually a good force to achieve something better.

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
I want to see stronger, un-sexualised, female characters who end up saving superman or batman's life at some point in the franchise. Also they shouldt act like a 'space marine chick'.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I honestly hope the potential (and unevitable) Justice League film doesn't suck, for the exact same reasons discussed (debated?) in this video.

I mean, I've absolutely been loving (almost) everything Marvel has done to it's films repertoire for the last 6 years(!), it's time for DC to put a good competition for Marvel.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I want DC/WB to remember that they have more than 2 characters (Batman and Superman), that not everything revolves around them, and not everything needs to be dark and gritty (the Nolan Effect)

Remember the Justice League cartoons? They had several characters, and many of the episodes (outside of season finales or multichapter events) revolved around pairing 2 different ones. They had episodes where the only superheroes were Green Lantern and Flash, or Batman and Wonder Woman. It was a great way to sell the idea that they were all interesting and capable, instead of having every episode with Batman figure out the bad guy of the week and Superman punching it to submission.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
How about it actually being uplifting?

If Man of Steel is the tone they're going for F*ck'em, I'm tired of depressing, super-serious, drab sup. If you can give us the Avengers with a meatier (much meatier) plot I'm down.
Geez, even the Arkham games didn't take itself as serious as MoS (i'm not comparing them to the movies because they gave an audience more reasons to smile than MoS ever did)

I'll settle for a complete copy of the JL cartoon, though.

PS, as others have stated Superman and Batman aren't the only characters that matter, WB.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
marioandsonic said:
What do I want? For the movie to be good.

And also a better Green Lantern.
Yes, that's why I totally agree on John Stewart
He's awesome.
But please don't turn him into Black Character[sup][sup]TM[/sup][/sup]
What do I mean?
Compare him in JL and in JLU series
In JL he's just a guy, simply a character (awesome character- to be honest my favorite of all cast)
In JLU he was redesigned, his behavior was different- for some strange reason he was made into Black Character[sup][sup]TM[/sup][/sup]
And I hated these changes.

P.S. Was I only one who disliked this change?
P.P.S. To summarize- less Samuel "Bad Mother Fucker" Jackson and more Denzel Washington.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
"I want them to explore the dark recesses of each other."

?should resist. should resist. resist resist resi-

Hasn't that been done in, like, umpty-million slash fictions?

Sorry, couldn't hold back.

Honestly, the most interesting thing I've ever read with the Justice League folks is Kingdom Come. A huge part of this is because it assumes familiarity with the most iconic heros and totally doesn't care if you can identify the rest. The thing I least want to see at this point is yet another form of an origin story. Just assume we know it already and get on with it.

I would also accept a beatdown of Superman by Wonder Woman if for no other reason than to bait Fox News pundits. Also, I'd like to see Lobo show up and pants Batman.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Pounder, who plays Amanda Waller in every animation would be just as good at it in person. Shirley would be interesting though.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Jon Stewart as Green Lantern hmm?

I want to see Superman with a weird responsibility complex. He can hear everything. If there's a problem, he's there. Ok, so what if there are multiple terrorist attacks in locations all around the world? A guy could really screw with Supes by forcing him to choose who to save. Sure this idea's been used before (Dark Knight, Marvel's The Sentry) but it would work so well with this character.

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
TheMemoman said:
Remember the Flash TV Show from the 90s? As a kid, I used to watch it religiously! Alongside Lois & Clark.

That's the DC I know and love!
God those shows were awesome. Particularly Lois and Clark because they focused on Clark which is who he is. Blows that Smallvile trash away. The Flash TV show was equally good for it's time.

As for the JL movie. Warner Bros will bone it up and they've already started the process with some of the casting choices and the fact that Batman, WW, Flash, etc are even in the next Superman movie tells me we are all due for more boning.

And who's fault is it? Anyone who claims to have enjoyed...

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
The Man of Steel

...especially MoS.

And how is Superman on the governments side after dropping million dollar drone out of the sky?

Jan 12, 2012
Why no Robin? I'd like to see a Young Justice-esque thing set up in the movies. The Justice League isn't just a bunch of demigods hanging out and kicking ass, or an organization under the thumb of a quasi-governmental agency like the Avengers; it's a foundation devoted to world peace, and raising and training the next generation is a key part of it. Plus, it opens the door for a lower budget TV show like Agents of SHIELD, and you know WB is itching for that.
Crazy Zaul said:
Pounder, who plays Amanda Waller in every animation would be just as good at it in person. Shirley would be interesting though.
I vote for Yvette Nicole Brown just because I love her work on Community. Still, I don't really care who does it so long as they don't make her Hollywood pretty and they do stuff like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruwIBT-noAs].

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Big_Willie_Styles said:
What about "Arrow"? They could totally make that part of the DC Cinematic Mythos. And it would be awesome. They're setting up the Suicide Squad right now!

Ron Perlman as Lobo. Since Deathstroke may already be a thing because of "Arrow."
They showed the "Arrow" version of Waller in today's video, which I don't buy in skinny form. They do have A.R.G.U.S., the DC counterpart to S.H.I.E.L.D.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Big_Willie_Styles said:
snipsnipsnip... Tyler Perry in a dress.
Now that's a novel idea
Write it on a paper, lock it in the safe, hide said safe in the deepest and darkest basement you can find, fill this basement with concrete and pray nobody ever tries to reach it.

Also- Is Waller fat?
I always thought that she is well built.
Take for example physique of strongmen and strongwomen
They often look obese and even fat
But they are far from weak or unhealthy

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I would love to see a non-terrible female DC hero in the group. It's cute that JLA's secretary has become an icon but I can't think of a dumber hero with lamer utilities who started as a female bondage heroine (not joking, look it up) for creepy men and "budding boys" to fetishize over. But bullet proof bracelets, a lasso (formerly the lasso of obedience FYI), "invisible plane" and boomerang Tiara? I'm sorry, but no. The only reason why people say she is a "must" is because she has been the token female superhero in the DC universe. That doesn't make her cool or a good call or anything.

Hawkgirl/woman, Zatanna, Black Canary, and even Vixen would be more interesting choices that are currently in the JLA. There's even female Green Arrows and Jade who is a Green Lantern.

Wonder Woman has got to be one of the laziest choices. She is the epitome of grandfathered in and I think it's a bit robbing of the rich world of female heroes to have her as the face of it. Either they made her into a secretary or they delved into the realm of ultra-feminazi (as in all men should die Amazonian philosophy, not the equality rhetoric that many people erroneously claim is "feminazism" when it's just fairness philosophy). The only reason a lot of men remember her fondly is the same reason that so many people remember the original Tomb Raider fondly. She was there, and voluptuous at important developmental periods of life.