No Right Answer: Wood vs. Yellow

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Yeah I have to admit the weakness to yellow makes more sense. Especially since his entire persona is based around a color anyway.

Plus in the context of the comics, if I remember correctly, yellow = Sinestro Corps = fear.
green = courage. fear is opposite of courage. Shit fits together

Wulfclaw

Dec 20, 2009
Finally! A new show that I really like. Lately I find myself tuning in to Feed Dump, LRR, Unskippable, MovieBob and ZP + Critical Miss (and Stolen Pixels if it is updated ^^). The rest seems very subpar and or annoying.

I am looking forward to the next episode!

Edit: And as bob already pointed out, yellow is no longer a weakness. It WAS a weakness because the guardians put the embodiement of fear in the power battery for the green lantern rings. I guess there was no other way to contain it safely.

I think, the biggest problem with the plan was, that the guardians kept to themselves about it.

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
Actually I'd love to see green lantern fight against wood... but somehow this is a weakness that would seem to make too much sense, I mean most people would be defeated by a tree falling on them or so.. it seems too normal.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
FLAMETHROWER!!!!1
That was pretty fun to watch. Gonna be intresting to see what topics come up in the future. ;)

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
This was decent... right up until the product placement and idiotic method of reaching conclusion.
I mean really?

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
When he said "yellow is the colour of sickness" I thought "what? No! GREEN is the colour of sickness. And Yet they picked it for the hero! Yellow is the colour of the sand and the Sun. Obviously it's a good colour!"

I think the conclusion of the video is:

- yellow makes more sense as a weakness because it stays on theme (green vs yellow, they're both colours).
- wood would be a less problematic weakness to work around (okay, the flamethrower thing wasn't so great, but he could have an axe instead, plus it's easier to find one. Wood's not such a solid material, you can break it relatively easily).

It's an interesting concept at any rate, I'll probably watch it again, although maybe not every week.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah it was alright.
Maybe less product placement, I think it was just a joke but still... why?

Like the idea of incorporating challenges when logic fails. Chugging bests reason.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
It looks like an interesting show but I don't really understand what just happened. It's my understanding that one guy was supposed to be arguing for Wood while the other was supposed to be arguing for Yellow, but the argument ended up being like this:
Guy 1: "Wood is a bad weakness"
Guy 2: "Yellow is a good weakness"

And then later on, it went like this:
Guy 1: "Here are some reasons why yellow is a bad weakness"
Guy 2: "Here are some reasons why yellow is a good weakness"

*racks brain*

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Decent show, I'll keep watching for now, as long as it doesn't just do comic stuff, I'm getting burned out on the Green Lantern stuff right now.

But you know what always bugged me about yellow as a weakness for the GLs? Green pigment is made with Yellow and Yellow light is made with Green. They are very close on either color wheel, if anything Green and Magenta should be enemies since that's the opposit color of light and it is light they are using.

Daniel Floyd

Jul 28, 2010
I had dinner with these fine gentlemen at LOGIN. It is an experience I wholeheartedly recommend.

Excellent first showing fellas. :)

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I would have liked this much better if you were... actually debating the plausibility, rather than which one would be a better weakness. You say plausibility, I want plausibility!

Anyway, it is a close case.

Yellow is actually explained as why it is his weakness in the comic (not sure about wood).

The sonic screwdriver's weakness is also wood.

'nuff said.