No Right Answer: Worst Pet Ever - Cats Worse Than Dogs?

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Worst Pet Ever - Cats Worse Than Dogs?

It's time to be honest with ourselves; cats and dogs are horrible devil creatures that have fooled mankind into waiting on them hand and paw. NO MORE!

Watch Video

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I have to agree with Chris, dog people can be super annoying. Cat owners can sometimes be pretty crazy.

But dog owners become friggin' zealots!

And it never ends. I can't stand how many times I've tried to comfort someone whose dog was dying, listening to them talk about how they have the best dog in the world and they could never replace it. Only to get over the dog's death two days later and go out and get a new one.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
This episode was hilarious through and through. But mostly, I agree with the judge's decision. 50 points in favour of fish!

Lvl 64 Klutz said:
And it never ends. I can't stand how many times I've tried to comfort someone whose dog was dying, listening to them talk about how they have the best dog in the world and they could never replace it. Only to get over the dog's death two days later and go out and get a new one.
Dog owners develop the attention span of dogs. >.>

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
Guess what? Black Plague? Still around. Yeah the cats wiped it out of rats, but what about prarie dogs? Still got the plague, still biting people sometimes. What we need are bigger cats that aren't such huge of assholes. That's another thing. Jerk dog? Gonna let you know it by growling at you as you approach. Jerk cat? Gonna make you pet him for half an hour before "Guess what, I've been a jerk all along, now I'm mauling your arm, good luck detatching me until I've finished punishing you for buying into the cute cat steriotype."

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Chris' reasons for disliking dogs can be summed up as "I'm too lazy to put the work into making my dog a certified badass guard".

Say what you will, but cats cannot be tamed as well. You train a dog, and it will listen to your every command. You train a cat and it will not work, it will just go off and do it's own thing.

And hey, at least there's companionship with a dog. Some people can become overly-attached, but at least you'll have some funny stories to tell about how a dog wrecked your place or how it shagged every other dog in the neighbourhood. Cat owners don't say much about cats because there are no stories, of any kind.

"Uhh... my cat ate food that one time. That's about it"

Dogs ftw.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
Hey, what do you want from Phil Fish? The guy left the industry, cut him loose :p

I like both cats and dogs. But dogs are definitely more demanding.
I can leave my cat alone for weeks and he'll be perfectly fine. If I leave him inside the house, with enough dry food and water, he'll eat every day just what he needs, won't spill it, won't play with it. If he's outside, he'll either kill something to eat, or go to the neighbors and eat there.

My brother's dog on the other hand, if you leave him for a week, he's a goner. And he'll destroy the house before he dies.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Your wish is my command...

Oh and dogs are superior, hands down. At least they are always pleased to see you, cats couldn't care less as long as you remember to feed them.

Kuredan

Hingle McCringleberry
Dec 4, 2012
I believe it was the Bard who once said, ever so elegantly, "Whether courtly jester of knavish churl, there is but one truth known throughout the world. In the days of halcyon the muses thus spake, Above all else, ye must not forsake the law as it was given from on high, so long as Pheobus still cross the sky. The cats rule, and dogs, they drool."

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
I thought fish were the worst "pets." Outside of feeding them food and scooping them out of their bowl/tank to clean it, there's just no interaction with a fish--you can't even pick them up and play with them.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
HA! Kyle, that was great. xD I guessed it was going to be fish.

They are kind of like dogs in that they need you to feed and clean up after them, but at least you can have some fun with dogs. Fish, are pretty to look at I guess.

Great show today. ;D

Incidentally, I have a cat, and a dog.

Fun fact, my cat is 22. Same age as me. xD

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Worst pets ever is any pet that

Needs a container
Will think anyone is food if not fed
Needs a leash despite not having a job
Might kill you based on its normal way of killing other animals
Feels the need to yell at strangers

So Snakes, Fish, Rodents, & a certain amount of dogs make the Worst Pets ever. There are probably more but I don't know them or they're already considered exotic pets.

Certain amount of Dogs because I've seen Dogs that don't bark or require leashes in order to be obedient.

Cats on the other hand. Well as far as I know best pet ever. Then again I'm insane. I use to love to reow with one of the cats my family use to have until we went our separate ways. Then again that cat knew to reow when wanting to come in or out. I don't have any cats now because I'm too lazy to clean litter boxes.

Well unless Kinectimals counts. Best, Cats, Ever! Particularly the Kinectimal Cheetah just because Cheetah are awesome.

Then again most people probably shouldn't own real life Cheetahs as they don't know how to take care of them or even how to make sure that the Cheetahs can mate. Seriously an endangered species that some people are making more endangered.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I'm not a pet person. My childhood dog died on my 13th birthday. And no, that's not a joke. I never got another dog. I did have a couple of cats, but they were outside cats that asked very little from us and they ran off before I turned 16.

Now, 30 dog free years later, my family has had a dog brought into our lives. I admit, he's cute. And I do care for him. But I need to keep a cool aloof distance....

Oh dear...

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I'll put it this way:
Cats care about the place they're living in. They're territorial more than they are pack-oriented.
Dogs care about the people they're living with. They're more pack-oriented than territorial.

As such, if your intention in having a pet is companionship, the better choice is undeniably clear.

That said....Kyle's right. Fish suck, as far as pet companionship goes.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I lost it at Dan calling the cat's neckbeards, hot damn that was funny.

OT: Dogs all the way, although I only define certain dogs as "dogs" while they are all technically a "dog" per se, if it's tiny as hell like a chihuahua, doesn't count. If it's a prissy stuck up dog of small stature, also pretty much a cat then. Dogs need to be a certain height or of a certain attitude for me to think they're dogs. Also i'm rather surprised at how much more annoying a small yipping/angry dog is than a big ass dog barking away at you (still annoying as hell, but somehow less so to me)

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
just want to point out a few things to the dog hating person with no soul.....:

1.dogs only kill people when one of two things are done;
A. the person was stupid and pissed said dog off by pulling on its tail or otherwise hurting it. I do not weep for these people as less stupid people in the world is always a good thing.
B. it was train to attack anyone not its owner. This is the most common reason for dog related deaths.

2.a cat can and will kill small children for FOOD! they are know as ferial cats and are dangerous like you wouldn't believe.

3.dog waste is easily managed with weekly yard work if you have a brain and built a dog run. If you live in a city and have no yard you should have one of the smaller breeds that are much easier to clean up after.

4. as long as you play with your dog at some point they don't care when you get home if they're trained. My dog is trained to sleep when im not home so if I work a 12hour shift and come home all I have to do is let him out and walk around with him while he runs and plays.

Just so you all know I do own a cat as well and she's not nearly as useful as my dog.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
I like both, but, if forced to choose, I'd go with a cat. Then again, I'm probably biased since my sister and I actually own one. ;) The kitty, Aria, just finished giving herself a bath and she's now sleeping a foot away from me as I type this.

Aria is a bundle of affection who follows us around and always wants to snuggle. If only one of us is home and we're behind a closed door, she sits outside of that door and waits for us to come out. Once the door opens, she does this sharp, excited meow and rushes over to rub against our legs (obviously, she seems to think that she hasn't scented us enough to mark us as her own). Aria also began playing fetch without us ever teaching her. Seriously, if we shoot a hairband across the room, she runs at it, bats it around once or twice, picks it up in her mouth, trots back with it, drops it at our feet, and looks up at us expectantly. She'll even start meowing and pawing if we don't pick it up.

When Aria sits in a windowsill, she tries to get our attention if she sees animals in our yard (especially birds, rabbits, and coyotes) and she won't make that predatory chirping noise at anything unless we put a hand on her. It's almost like she needs comfort to be brave; however, she treats strangers to our house like best friends. Aria needs no warming-up time when it comes to people she doesn't know - she gets as excited as any dog I've ever had in the past.

I like to think that our kitty is a perfect argument against the notion that cats only pretend to care when they want food.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
I am completly shocked that Dan, at least, did not piont out the truth... According to the critieria of being an anoying parasitic, all encompassing annoyance that eats away at your everything and makes you love it a baby wins every friggen time. A cat or dog stops being a massive imposition after about 12-20 years (because they die) which is about par to when the little squirmy human actually starts being even slightly useful.

I put it to you that a child is the worst creature to match the 3 criteria listed at the begining of the episode... and yes, I know, that only makes us love them more...

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
ANDDDDD... Fish rightly take down the rest with a snap +5 point argument from Kyle!
And you know what's great? Both cats AND dogs can eat fish, so they both get -1 point :p