Nolan Casting Another Inception Star in Dark Knight Rises

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Nolan Casting Another Inception Star in Dark Knight Rises

Tom Hardy might not be the only Inception cast member with a role in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film.

Christoper Nolan ended Inception [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105427-Rumor-Inception-Co-Star-is-Hugo-Strange-in-Dark-Knight-Rises] cast member is in talks to take a role in Rises.

Deadline reports that Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Leonardo DiCaprio's partner in Inception, will likely show his face in the movie. Rises is expected to start production in spring 2011, and Gordon-Levitt should have his schedule free by then.

Let's start the speculation about his role on a strong foot: Robin. Nolan confirmed that there won't be any Robin in Rises you say? How about Aquaman, then? No? Well, perhaps Gordon-Levitt will take the role of Hugo Strange that was originally rumored to be Tom Hardy's part in the film.

Nolan also ruled out the Riddler as a character in Rises, a role you'd think Gordon-Levitt would be perfect for. With Bane and Ann Hathaway as Catwoman already in the mix, maybe he'll play a normal human and won't be a costumed hero or villain. I'm sure we'll hear plenty of rumors to the contrary until Nolan reveals the truth.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/joseph-gordon-levitt-in-talks-to-join-the-dark-knight-rises/]

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I'm now waiting for the announcement of Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Marion Cottilard, and the guy who played Yussuf also appearing in this, and then we'll have the full cast of Inception spread around 3 Batman movies. Yay!

I'm kidding of course. This is a great news, as Gordon-Levitt is an outstanding actor.

olfelix

May 14, 2010
Really looking forward to this. Needless to say JGL has come a long way from Tommy on 3rd Rock.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
As long as Gary Oldman makes a return, I'm happy.

Okay, so, even though I'm not the biggest Inception fan, I really liked the cast and am very happy to see Nolan bring them into a far more promising far more appealing to me movie.

This might just actually turn out to be better than The Dark Knight with this line-up.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
As good an actor as this guy is I really struggle to take him seriously thanks to the 3rd rock from the sun.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hmm I'm liking the Inception cast members to be seen here, altho I'm still unsure about Anne Hathaway
but then again we did have Katie Holmes originally so it's not like it spoils anything haha

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Well, there was that rumor that Gordon-Levitt was going to play the Joker, if only in the shadows. He does share a similar look as Heath Ledger...

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
As good as the Dark Knight was, I'm afraid that this series might be copying Spider-Man and having super-villain overload.

Movies like The Dark Knight, and Iron Man 1 are so good because the script revolves around one, or two villains. Spider-Man 3 and some of the earlier Batman movies were less than fantastic because of too many villains and not enough story to support them.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
It saddens me that JGL would probably make a great Dick Grayson but won't get the chance in this film at all.

I'll still be holding out hope though...

Johnnyallstar said:
As good as the Dark Knight was, I'm afraid that this series might be copying Spider-Man and having super-villain overload.
Yeah, I really hope he won't be playing a villain character. At the very most, a mob boss might work ok.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Nolan also claimed that Catwoman would never end up in his franchise, immediately after teh Dark Knight came out. So who knows.... Really hoping it's not robin, though....

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
Great news to hear. As for what role he'll play, I have no idea, it could be just about anything. Hugo Strange, I can see that. I can also see Gordon-Levitt in a crime boss role (like Rupert Thorne or Roland Dagget), or even a role as a police officer (though which cop he'd play is up in the air, I don't think he has the weight to play Harvey Bullock) or Gotham Official (like a new Mayor or DA).

Of course, he could be playing Vic Sage for all I know. Actually, come to think of it, that idea doesn't sound so bad now...

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:

Movies like The Dark Knight, and Iron Man 1 are so good because the script revolves around one, or two villains. Spider-Man 3 and some of the earlier Batman movies were less than fantastic because of too many villains and not enough story to support them.
Whoever said that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be a villain? Or that Catwoman would be a villain?
So far, DKR has only one confirmed villain, Bane.
Hell, I doubt there'll be more than two.
And, knowing Christopher Nolan's past three films, this isn't going to be a screw-up.

HG131 said:
Remember when Bane broke Batman's back another guy stepped in? How much you wanna be that this guy is going to play him.
Hmm, possibly.
But I doubt it, I don't think Christopher Nolan would directly copy the comic's storyline.
Though, I wouldn't object if they did have Batman's back broken by Bane. [small]Try saying that 5 times fast.[/small]
Would be interesting.

I do hope there isn't a Robin, though.
It's just.... I just can't think of any possible way Robin could be fitted into the Nolan Universe in a serious way.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
No Robin you say...
Nightwing I say

its the sort of thing he might do. but we all saw how well a full grown Robin worked the last time...

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
crotalidian said:
No Robin you say...
Nightwing I say

its the sort of thing he might do. but we all saw how well a full grown Robin worked the last time...
I agree. My money is on Nightwing. He hits people with sticks, so that should be gritty enough for Chris.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
maddog015 said:
Well, there was that rumor that Gordon-Levitt was going to play the Joker, if only in the shadows. He does share a similar look as Heath Ledger...

Wow yeah his facial structure is pretty similar I suppose.

I never noticed it til I read this post and scrolled up to see it. Pretty creepy honestly that I never noticed it before.

And he's such a great actor I'm sure JGL could pull it off. (I heard he was the Cobra Commander in the GI-JOE movie but I'm not sure if thats true lol)

So yeah... If it happens that'd be cool hell the make up and wigs and such he'd probably look close enough to be a fit.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Wow, 3rd rock from the sun seems ages ago...

Looking forward to the movie, no idea who he will play, maybe the penguin? lol

CATS FTW

Mar 21, 2010
Sovereignty said:
maddog015 said:

Wow yeah his facial structure is pretty similar I suppose.

I never noticed it til I read this post and scrolled up to see it. Pretty creepy honestly that I never noticed it before.

And he's such a great actor I'm sure JGL could pull it off. (I heard he was the Cobra Commander in the GI-JOE movie but I'm not sure if thats true lol)

So yeah... If it happens that'd be cool hell the make up and wigs and such he'd probably look close enough to be a fit.
And they both worked together in the movie 10 things I hate about you! The more you know.