Non Final Bosses That Destroyed You

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
So I was thinking that sometimes bosses that aren't end-gamish can still be hard. Have any non-final bosses given you problems? For me it was Soda Popinski in the original Punch Out. The one time I ever did beat him Bull destroyed me.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
In Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero, Chefbot-9000 is absolute hell! The first time I tried fighting him, I didn't have a clue that there was a quick, easy trick to defeat him, so I went about beating him the hard way. Took me 3 or 4 hours of constantly challenging, and dieing, to beat the bastard.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
The time in Kingdom Hearts 1 where Riku takes your key blade and you get it back and fight him right after. I can never beat that, it's impossible for me to beat.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Do the Tripods outside the museum in Half-Life 2 count? It took me hours to figure out what I was supposed to do there, I kept on trying to take them down with bits of scattered rocket launcher and pieces of debris in the area just before the massive crater.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I always had the hardest time on that first Dark World boss in A Link to the Past.

You know, that weird ass turtle thing with the big tail...

That thing.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
I admit, I've never played it, but apparently Goro, from the original MK, is a pain.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
The Puppet Master.

I bring him up because I just spent 2 hours trying to beat him. I can't.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
DJmagma said:
Elizabeth Greene in prototype. she has a main health bar, that regenerates, along with three smaller health bars you have to destroy before you can even touch her. toppled with tanks attacking you and massive hunters jumping everywhere. and the three smaller health bars regenerate. and it fires rocks and green plasma at you that magically lock on to you.

yeah it's a ***** to fight.
If you didn't know already, climb to the top of one of the surrounding buildings, and use the aerial sword attack. It costs a heap, but it deals massive amounts of damage. When that's done, use your laser overload power thing. It's one of the superpowers which you get after you consume a bunch of people, and your health bar goes massive. Just rinse and repeat. Consume some people if you need more health.
Hope that helps.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
DJmagma said:
Elizabeth Greene in prototype. she has a main health bar, that regenerates, along with three smaller health bars you have to destroy before you can even touch her. toppled with tanks attacking you and massive hunters jumping everywhere. and the three smaller health bars regenerate. and it fires rocks and green plasma at you that magically lock on to you.

yeah it's a ***** to fight.
She was a ***** but I never actually got killed by her in my three playthroughs (I admit I was on easy), it just took me 40 minutes, take down health, she uses ultra attacks, hide in a street and regain health by killing Hunters.

As for me, that thing that comes out of the wall in Devil May Cry 2, I still haven't beaten it to this day.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
That stupid bomb in Final Fantasy XII. The thing gave your whole party the "oil" status, which makes you much more vulnerable to fire spells. It follows that up with very powerful fire techniques, thus easily and quickly wiping out your team. It was very irritating.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
The first time I played Devil May Cry 3 the first boss who later becomes a normal enemy owned me five times before I figured out how to dodge all his teleporting shenanigans.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
The mini-boss in the Ocarina of Time's water emblem thing.

It looked like a squid, and was the greatest challenge a 7 year old could face...

wolfboy23

Mar 31, 2010
Seymour Guado on the cliffside in Final Fantasy 10 and his cluster bomb attack made sure I never completed the game.

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
Julianking93 said:
I always had the hardest time on that first Dark World boss in A Link to the Past.

That thing.
I hated that thing . . . don't think i even beat that game.

Anyway, on topic: In Diablo II Mephisto (or which ever boss keeps freezing you) powned me over and over and over, til i was fightin my way there with no armor or weapons. I ended up with 4 or 5 of my bodies right next to each other.I finally beat him by getting ALL my stuff back, and killing all the enemies in the area, looking for rubies to augment my weapons, and sapphires to augment my armor. That was very frusterating XP

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII, Chapter 10 (On The Palemecia).

NOTE: This may be a bit of a spoiler for people who aren't there yet.

Barthandelus, the Fal'cie.

He killed me so many times that I could have hugged George Bush when I beat him. In a way, he's the final boss, but this references to the first time you fight Barthandelus, not the third time.

The funny thing is, he's gets easier as you progress! The next time you fight him, he only killed me once, and I have never died on the third time you fight him. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Oh, by the way, aren't the graphics heavenly in this game? It's like a god made them.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics

FFT isn't a particularly difficult game. If you keep your gear up-to-date and fight with reasonable cunning, you can usually pull through the game's tougher battles. This one fight, though... It's completely unreal. Velius is extremely powerful physically and magically, boasting some of the game's most devastating spells and summons. What's more, he attacks you with a team of three Archaic Demons that are at least half as powerful as he is.

If you're not prepared, you're dead. If you want to survive the fight, you have to play the hell out of this game. Level up, learn new abilities, get the advanced job classes, all that stuff. If you don't see it coming, it's completely unfair.

And, of course, the game offers you the opportunity to save right before the battle. If you make the mistake of saving over your previous data and find that you simply cannot win the battle, you're fucked.

Julianking93 said:

That thing.
That guy is the absolute worst. I'd always run out of bombs and have to try cracking his mask with the Magic Hammer, usually running into him on accident in the process.