Non Final Bosses That Destroyed You

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Nightmare in Devil May Cry 1. It took me WEEKS to kill that thing.

Then only to find out he is easy as fuck if you have Air Hike.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
The first two bosses in Lost Odyssey. The first one almost made me quit the game and then the second one just pissed me off since you have to fight 2 in a row.

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
Broodmother in Dragon Age: Origins. I had it on CASUAL and it obliterated me about 30 times. And I eventually only won because of some sort of glitch that wouldn't let it attack.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
The trope you are looking for is That One Boss. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThatOneBoss]

My personal That One Boss was Bloody Mary from Terranigma. I'm pretty sure this was due to a programming error that made her stats unreasonably higher than what they should have been for a boss of her level. As a result, if you were only at the kind of level you would reasonably be expected to be at by the time you got up to her, you'd find yourself facing a near-impossible battle where your attacks only do 1 or 2 points of damage to her- and she has HUNDREDS of hit points. Not to mention that she's hard to hit without taking damage, has attacks that are hard to dodge, and does a lot of damage. Sure, she was one of the few bosses you were allowed to use magic on (she had a weakness to Elec Rings) but your supply of those was limited and again, if you were only normally levelled it wouldn't be enough. Unless you were extremely skilled (and patient; doing it the hard way could take AGES of attacking, dodging and running) the only option you had was to level-grind your ass off.
The guy in this video is somewhat over-levelled (level 23), but almost all the damage he does comes from his rings. Mind you, he's also not fantastically skilled. But either way, Bloody Mary was by orders of magnitude the toughest boss in the game. None of the others even came close and some of them were actually pretty tough (the Security Robot in Beruga's Lab was a standout, but even that couldn't so much as touch Mary).
Julianking93 said:
I always had the hardest time on that first Dark World boss in A Link to the Past.

You know, that weird ass turtle thing with the big tail...

That thing.
May I ask why the Helmasaur King caused you so much trouble? OK, maybe it can be a bit obtuse if you don't know what to do, but how hard can it be to work out that you hit its mask with the hammer until it breaks then hit the jewel on its head until it dies? And once you've worked that out it's not like it's very hard to do.

Now Moldorm on the other hand...

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Julianking93 said:
nuba km said:
[
it was for me the hardest of the dark world bosses but I could always defeat it on my first or second try (I played through the game at least 30 times) for me the hardest boss was the FLOOR you know in the third dungeon the one before you go into the dark world I can't even remember the boss in that dungeon but the floor always takes me like five goes.
You mean the worm thing that would knock you off the platform and make you play the boss again...and again?

That? It's name was Moldorm
I think that was the boss of the dungeon but it was the FLOOR that always killed me the floor itself you know there is a room at the beginning of the dungeon where the floor tiles fly up and throw them self at you I know this happens in some other dungeons as well but it's only the one in the that dungeon that gives me the problem.

DarkBlueDarZ

Oct 10, 2009
Ohhh emm.. Final Fantasyyyyy 8 i think :S theres a certain boss that me and my friend could not beat what so ever :S generally with all the final fantasys theres always one :/ o_O

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
DJmagma said:
Elizabeth Greene in prototype. she has a main health bar, that regenerates, along with three smaller health bars you have to destroy before you can even touch her. toppled with tanks attacking you and massive hunters jumping everywhere. and the three smaller health bars regenerate. and it fires rocks and green plasma at you that magically lock on to you.

yeah it's a ***** to fight.
Really? She's was quite easy i thought, i beat her on second try i think. The fight was just annoying because it took a long time...

The flying mech boss in Final Fantasy 13 in Palumpolum when you gotta use Snow and Hope only, that was quite annoying and beat me quite a few times. As well as another guy mentioned a couple posts above me about a boss in FF13.

Zeidrich2004

Jun 30, 2009
Shockolate said:
The Aster Protoflorian from Final Fantasy 13

This thing kicked my ass so many times, I stopped playing right after I finally beat it. That's how much it owned me, that I quit the game after killing it.

And there's supposed to be a stronger version later on??? Hell naw.
Yup, there's a tougher one. And those one's become common enemies right towards the end.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
wolfboy23 said:
Seymour Guado on the cliffside in Final Fantasy 10 and his cluster bomb attack made sure I never completed the game.
If its the Seymor which has the big spear and your on the snowy mountain, then yes, he was a fraker to beat.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Not really a boss, but the "Heart of Kouru Watu" level in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. That damned giant alligator ate me every single time, because I don't swim that well. And that was only the first "boss level" in that game... I never finished it because of that level.

Also, Alora in Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, when you fight her on Taspir III. Freaking dual-wielding acrobat just refused to die. I swear I died ten times facing her at the highest difficulty. Then I learned to use Force Absorb in that fight, and lasted a little longer a few times. A couple of days later I finally got the upper hand.

Lastly, Whitney in Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver. That blooming Miltank and its ability that allowed it to hit my Gastly... Countered it with my best tank at the time, which was my Bayleef, after getting everyone to level 20-25.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Zeidrich2004 said:
Shockolate said:
The Aster Protoflorian from Final Fantasy 13

This thing kicked my ass so many times, I stopped playing right after I finally beat it. That's how much it owned me, that I quit the game after killing it.

And there's supposed to be a stronger version later on??? Hell naw.
Yup, there's a tougher one. And those one's become common enemies right towards the end.
They are a bit annoying towards the end but when i fought that thing first time i BEAT it first time, it was easy.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
First boss of act1 in Hellgate: London.

I just spend all my money on a new rifle with lightning damage and guess what, the first boss has lightning resist, effectively halving my dmg and thus making it worse then average.
Epic fail on that one. Took me 5 corpseruns and 15 mins of running arround to get him and his annoying like-minded helpers to bite the dust.

After that, i stuck to physical dmg guns and the rest of the game was a sneeze :(

edit: actually thats a lie, i found a unique gun that dealt every elemental dmg at once with a 400round/m count, which basically was some form of godmode. Especially after upgrading it to the max with +range mods and such.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
The final mission of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas took me literally a year to beat. The first half is a massive gunfight through a burning building, and it's followed immediately by a long, frustrating, gimmicky car chase.

The dude with the invincible car from Vice City, also.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Wado Rhyu said:
but the bosses weren't the biggest trouble i always hated those lighting and fire beast combo that showde up. man the kiled me almost as much as the finnal boss.
They're even MORE fun on hard mode!
They go hyper aggressive and can pretty much kill you in three hits or less.
Better yet, you encounter them in the graveyard where the game starts!
Awesome!

I can't believe there's an even harder mode...

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
Alma in Ninja Gaiden. the first time.

http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ninja_gaiden_black_alma.jpg

Ouch

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Dr. Nefarious in Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.

God he pissed me off.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
There was this one boss in Paper Mario (for the Gamecube not the Wii) that I could never get by. I forget his name but it was on a train and he sucks up people that were standing around and used them against me. I tried at least twenty times then threw down the controller and never played it again.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
I just got my ass kicked multiple times by the Brood Mother from Dragon Age...