Non Final Bosses That Destroyed You

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
Glamorgan said:
I admit, I've never played it, but apparently Goro, from the original MK, is a pain.
He is incredibly hard to beat, I never beat him when I was a kid and am still unable to do it to this day.

One for me is (although he's technically a boss) Seth from Street Fighter IV, I mean WTF were the developers thinking with that fight? Make it easy the first round then impossible on the second?

I guess it's because I'm more of a MK person and I only knew Hadouken and the spin kick but jesus give a noob a chance xD Needless to say I sold the game today, and will probably never beat him.

Stuntcrab

Apr 2, 2010
The Austin said:
The Puppet Master.

I bring him up because I just spent 2 hours trying to beat him. I can't.

Is he the one were he uses your attack and doubles it? I think I saw him on a video you just don't attack

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Robert de Sable from Assassin's Creed.
Freakin' butchered me every time I tried at him, atleast before I used a cheap shot with the Hidden Blade.

Other guys who make this list;
The Jabberwock from American Mcgee's Alice
The Hunter/Regenerator from Dead Space
Megatron from Transformers (2004)

Ki11erHyde

Nov 3, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
This guy was a ***** to beat with my friend online. He's most common boss people get stuck on in Monster Hunter Tri
I know. But damn he puts up a good fight.
I like him as a boss but maybe it's because I'm a gunner.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
This guy was a ***** to beat with my friend online. He's most common boss people get stuck on in Monster Hunter Tri
ugh tell me about it, I never lose to him but its always just a pain in the ass to kill him without much reward

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3650/3364081816_fd85edc434.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mytakeradio.com/2009/10/11/review-infamous/&usg=__awP06wTKBvg8OzkNZMfFtO163GA=&h=281&w=500&sz=146&hl=en&start=0&tbnid=Ab1pzP8PvTwrQM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=159&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinfamous%2Bdustmen%2Bgolem%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7TSNA%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D529%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=961&vpy=83&dur=650&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=141&ty=128&ei=ooBdTPiGMMKC8gaf--y0DQ&oei=ooBdTPiGMMKC8gaf--y0DQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

Yeah, anyone who recognizes this f*cker knows exactly what im talking about.

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
nuba km said:
Julianking93 said:
nuba km said:
[
it was for me the hardest of the dark world bosses but I could always defeat it on my first or second try (I played through the game at least 30 times) for me the hardest boss was the FLOOR you know in the third dungeon the one before you go into the dark world I can't even remember the boss in that dungeon but the floor always takes me like five goes.
You mean the worm thing that would knock you off the platform and make you play the boss again...and again?

That? It's name was Moldorm
I think that was the boss of the dungeon but it was the FLOOR that always killed me the floor itself you know there is a room at the beginning of the dungeon where the floor tiles fly up and throw them self at you I know this happens in some other dungeons as well but it's only the one in the that dungeon that gives me the problem.
If you stand in the doorway and charge your sword the floor can't hurt you.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
socialmenace42 said:
Alma in Ninja Gaiden. the first time.

http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ninja_gaiden_black_alma.jpg

Ouch
Yep. I can beat her decently on Normal now, but Hard and Master Ninja are still insane. Damned grab attacks. Stupid dodging. And she never touches the ground.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
Xaldin in Kingdom hearts 2. I think the only boss in the game touigher then him is Seproith the only differnce is that you have to beat him in order to make it to the end (as far as I know) and even though I played the game and beatean it sevreal times (Inculding hard) I still dread facing Xaldin on any diffucilty level.

KiruTheMant

Nov 2, 2009
The Demon Door on FFVII if your unprepared. Seriously,I went out,broke one of my gaming codes of honors,to use the gameshark ONCE,KICK DEMON DOOR ASS,EXIT TEMPLE,AND THEN I SHUT THE BOX FOREVER

Until I got FFVIII

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Boss from the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time. Hands down the most annoying underboss I've faced.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Wolvaroo said:
Space Spoons said:
Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics

FFT isn't a particularly difficult game. If you keep your gear up-to-date and fight with reasonable cunning, you can usually pull through the game's tougher battles. This one fight, though... It's completely unreal. Velius is extremely powerful physically and magically, boasting some of the game's most devastating spells and summons. What's more, he attacks you with a team of three Archaic Demons that are at least half as powerful as he is.

If you're not prepared, you're dead. If you want to survive the fight, you have to play the hell out of this game. Level up, learn new abilities, get the advanced job classes, all that stuff. If you don't see it coming, it's completely unfair.

And, of course, the game offers you the opportunity to save right before the battle. If you make the mistake of saving over your previous data and find that you simply cannot win the battle, you're fucked.
The only boss in FFT I ever have trouble with is the fella in the castle you have to beat once by yourself before you teams enter the fray. You both start in the centre of a tiny arena with very little room to move and he nearly always goes first. You WILL die in 2 attacks unless you've done some SERIOUS extra work on your character. And of course you get prompted to save RIGHT before the fight ;). I have to abort every 3/4 playthroughs because I forget to keep multiple saves.

I always beat it the same way I get through all the tough fights in FFT. A full team of Chemists!
That is, in fact, part of the battle with Velius, and I can't believe I forgot to mention it. Yes, I completely agree, that part is sadistically unfair.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
no more heroes fighting bad girl on normal was a ***** to beat and mad world fighting against frank was a pain in the ass to beat

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010

Mobrin, Lord of the Marsh. Not only can he one-shot a squishy class with his regular attacks, his signature Twisting Jaws attack can one-shot a heavy tank and heal himself for most of the damage dealt... and that's not even in Hard Mode... Oh yeah... forgot to mention he hangs with a pack of Raptors and there are two wandering swarms of dinos nearby just itching for a mob battle. He's beatable, but be prepared to die. A lot.

also, are we including optional and post game bosses?
if so, I'd like to nominate

Two words: Heartless Angel. Add to that ridiculous speed, nigh unavoidable reach, insane defense and HP... he's downright scary.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Space Spoons said:
Velius from Final Fantasy Tactics

FFT isn't a particularly difficult game. If you keep your gear up-to-date and fight with reasonable cunning, you can usually pull through the game's tougher battles. This one fight, though... It's completely unreal. Velius is extremely powerful physically and magically, boasting some of the game's most devastating spells and summons. What's more, he attacks you with a team of three Archaic Demons that are at least half as powerful as he is.

If you're not prepared, you're dead. If you want to survive the fight, you have to play the hell out of this game. Level up, learn new abilities, get the advanced job classes, all that stuff. If you don't see it coming, it's completely unfair.

And, of course, the game offers you the opportunity to save right before the battle. If you make the mistake of saving over your previous data and find that you simply cannot win the battle, you're fucked.
Dear God this....the 3rd Seymour fight and Yunalesca in FFX as well...

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
Game4Fun said:
The Austin said:
The Puppet Master.

I bring him up because I just spent 2 hours trying to beat him. I can't.

Is he the one were he uses your attack and doubles it? I think I saw him on a video you just don't attack
Nope. He only has two attacks. The first is he throws a bunch of red puppets at you, which inflict curse if they hit. The second, and the most annoying, is he'll put a puppet into one of the iron madiens next to him. If your party fail to destroy this puppet before the madien closes, one member of the team is going to say good bye to half of their health.

After he takes enough damage, he'll start to move around the level to another iron madien. You can block off most of them (Save the two closest ones I think) but if you haven't opened up the level or fail at moving around, then it's revive time.

Best way to kill him is to get Shanoa's fire attack leveled up, buy a few mana potions, and just keep roasting his stupid face. Not that hard really. Just annoying.

Death on the other hand <_<

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
I have two.First is that butcher guy in dead rising in overtime mode. I kept getting hung on the meat hook and repeatedly slashed at and killed, it took me three tries to notice that you can escape it like the zombie holds which I thought was kinda stupid on capcom's part for not giving any kind of on screen prompt. The other is that thunder god/cross dressser/whatever guy early on in ninja gaiden 2. Not only is this one particular attack that he does inescapable, it does a ton of damage, it's almost impossable to dodge, and how great: he spams the attack as well.To be ohnest the only final boss I ever had big problems with that I can recall was the final battle with wesker in resident evil 5. Nearly everyone of his attacks are one hit kills, and he takes an armories worth of amunition to take down once your done constantly saving Sheva's ass, and that's if you can even shoot him properly. He has the obviouse glowing puss ball in his chest to unload on but it's relatively small and it's constantly moving around and after enouph shooting him it starts to move to Wesker's back where you can't shoot him directly. This is where it gets really stupid because theirs this attack he does that you have to dodge in order to swing around him and shoot the puss ball, but this is hard to do because the gameplay style isn't designed for pin point accuaracy and reaction time, and if your not fast enouph he takes a swing at you and desimates what used to be your health bar.It's doable of coarse it's just a bit more difficult than it should have been. But the pay off was still good if a bit cliche with the one liners before the execution.