Non-Player Counselor: GLaDOS and Chell Work on Their Hostile Work Environment

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
GLaDOS and Chell Work on Their Hostile Work Environment

This week we discover the hostile work environment in Aperture Science was not as one sided as Chell would have us believe.

Watch Video

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
I think in this case it's neither one's fault, Aperture Science is an employer that clearly encourages such hostile work environments to take shape in the first place. Also, I'm just now realizing there was no bathrooms in the testing facilities, which is a pretty liberal interpretation of building codes.

Chrono Trigger seems like a pretty fertile ground, though I would say that all of their personal problems comes from neglect. Also seems like something Square Enix might sue over.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I watched it twice and I couldn't find the fart sound that GLaDOS mentioned. My favorite parts were the toilet portal, and the (obviously false) promise of cake.

And [GASP!] Did I hear Chell laugh?!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
I watched it twice and I couldn't find the fart sound that GLaDOS mentioned. My favorite parts were the toilet portal, and the (obviously false) promise of cake.

there was no fart noise. It was a "Do you hear that?" the same way you'd say "Do you hear that? It's the world's smallest violin?"

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Toilet Portal was great.

As I say every week, keep up the great work you guys! Really digging this series so far. :)

SUGGESTIONS:
Nathan Drake's kleptomania; Frank West and Zombie PTSD; Cole from InFamous who has survivor's guilt but also can't manage to stop shocking the therapist; and finally Troy Baker and Nolan North should have a group therapy session with their own voiced characters.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Firefilm said:
Darth_Payn said:

there was no fart noise. It was a "Do you hear that?" the same way you'd say "Do you hear that? It's the world's smallest violin?"
Ooooooooooohhhhhh, now I get it!
Incoming suggestion for future episodes: Have one of the Assassins come in for treatment about paranoia, thinking literally ANYONE could be a Templar, poking fun at the conspiracy-heavy narrative of the series. The same could work for one of the Metal Gear Solid protagonists.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I really enjoyed the ending of this one. I was wondering how you'd make a chell and glados therapy session work, but that definitely worked. I'm glad I'm not the only one that pictures Captain Falcon naming everything he does and then announcing it dramatically.

Also, might be time for a couple of new drawings for the receptionist.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
"you *****". the toilet part cracked me up.
and good thing the cake wasnt left out. since we all know the truth.

this was by far the hilarious episode yet. looking forward to the next one. keep 'em coming.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Metalrocks said:

this was by far the hilarious episode yet. looking forward to the next one. keep 'em coming.
You are an angel. Glad you liked our poop joke, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with future episodes. #poopisalwaysfunny

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Toilet Portal was great.

As I say every week, keep up the great work you guys! Really digging this series so far. :)

SUGGESTIONS:
Nathan Drake's kleptomania; Frank West and Zombie PTSD; Cole from InFamous who has survivor's guilt but also can't manage to stop shocking the therapist; and finally Troy Baker and Nolan North should have a group therapy session with their own voiced characters.
Great suggestions, and great taste in internet shows!

Thanks man!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Firefilm said:
Metalrocks said:

You are an angel. Glad you liked our poop joke, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with future episodes. #poopisalwaysfunny
lol. dont over do it. it made surely sense with portals and the hate/love relationship with chell and glados. still chuckling wile typing this.

i have an idea for a future episode:
ada wong from (p)resident evil. her love for leon; but is afraid to tell him directly so she causes certain fiascoes to lure leon in and is incapable to tell him directly when facing him.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
This series was starting to feel stale to me, but this one hit it out of the park. The only joke that wasn't really good was the "farting sound", or apparent lack thereof. Regardless of that hiccup, the GLaDOS voice was as perfect as possible.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Xman490 said:
This series was starting to feel stale to me, but this one hit it out of the park. The only joke that wasn't really good was the "farting sound", or apparent lack thereof. Regardless of that hiccup, the GLaDOS voice was as perfect as possible.
Why thank you! Sorry you thought we were getting stale, any thoughts or requests on how to spice it up?