Non-Player Counselor: Sonic Might be a Lost Cause

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Sonic Might be a Lost Cause

This week Sonic sits on the couch after being the most fan-requested patient by a large margin. That might speak for itself.

Watch Video

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
This could've used that irritating guy, what's his face.... That would've been an improvement over listening to Sonic.... Especially if he made that Sonic Boom reference.

I liked the Scorpion intro.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
That's the second one in a row where the receptionist actually seems nice (for the most part): I'm glad because she was getting on my nerves almost as much as that really irritating guy that kept interrupting sessions.

I would've liked to hear more about what happened to Tails, though; I always liked him (and Knuckles) more than Sonic.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I got a genuine case of the "Awwwwwwwww"s when Dr. Gold gave Sonic a hug. Poor little guy needed one bad. Still couldn't nail down his main problem, though. Is he struggling to stay relevant?

Oh! We gotta hear some of Mario's problems! You can challenge yourselves to cover something about him the Game Theorists already didn't.

captcha: cutting edge
What is Sonic the Hedgehog not on anymore?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Hadn't been watching this, but I just binged all the episodes today and found it hilarious! Great job, guys!
Favorite was definitely the Pac-Man episode.

My suggestion for an episode:
Cloud Strife discussing his anxiety over the FF7 remake actually happening.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Going to have to give this two thumbs down.
It had no real useful information, the art was... pretty lame which sort of makes me wonder why stills? The scripting was somewhat... is it improv? Lastly, it wasn't really funny.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Poor Sonic. He really needs a good game. The last one I played was Generations which was pretty good for about 90% of the game, but dropped the ball on the ending.

Danny Dowling said:
It had no real useful information, the art was... pretty lame which sort of makes me wonder why stills? The scripting was somewhat... is it improv? Lastly, it wasn't really funny.
Seems to me that they are going with a Dr Katz sort of feel and style. Which it honestly nails pretty well.

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
Yikes. Sonic needs to get a different job. I would like to see that story, unless it completely changes around 3rd season, and goes completely off the rails in the finale, but is still overall enjoyable. I can only dream.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
While I don't blame you for not checking the game out (I only saw much of it on Game Grumps), the Sonic Boom joke could have had more fleshing-out, like "heck, I wasn't even running at Mach 3 that time! I haven't ran that fast in years! These developers keep stretching my legs as if it will help, but it just throws me off-balance!"

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Saltyk said:
Poor Sonic. He really needs a good game. The last one I played was Generations which was pretty good for about 90% of the game, but dropped the ball on the ending.

Danny Dowling said:
Seems to me that they are going with a Dr Katz sort of feel and style. Which it honestly nails pretty well.
Yep, Dr Katz all the way. Glad you got it. If it makes the other guy feel any better, we're about to update the art. Might be a bit more detailed and enjoyable

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Keep them coming guys. I am enjoying them. The receptionist bit was best yet.
Sonic right hand on his left arm at 3:35. It's the Master Chief blunder all over again. :)