NOOOOO! 40 hours down the drain in mass effect 2 ps3

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
warm slurm said:
Good. You can go play a good game now (like Mass Effect 1).
Oh snap! Ignorant comment alert!

OT: My condolences, good sir! I am no stranger to that feeling.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
warm slurm said:
DeadMix said:
If your able to ignore the ridiculous upgrade management as well as cut and paste scenery...
Oh, boo hoo, the customisation isn't that great. Too bad it has better characters, better combat, better RPG elements, a better storyline and more replayability than Mass Effect 2, though.
Whee! Opinions are fun, folks!

I will agree with you that Mass Effect 1 had a better primary storyline and some better RPG elements, but I disagree with you on everything else. The characters, combat, visuals and replayability were remarkably better in Mass Effect 2, at least in my experience.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
It's never happened me, but a friend of mine got his character to level 18 in Dragon Age Origins on his xbox, before the save file went missing.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i once had a marathon playing zelda wind waker
about the second temple i saved
and didnt save anytime after and once i finished the big tower temple the game shut down
a=i gave up after that and i havent went back since

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
sheogoraththemad said:
lost my entire Pc 5 fucking times last summer due to crashes. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK!
k that is shitty as hell dude. i feel for ya.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
2 100hr fallout 3 characters.
50hrs in pokemon emerald.
At least 150 in dragon age.
10 in mass effect 2.
30 in mass effect 1.
80 hrs in oblivion.
EDIT:Just remembered my 47 FF7:CC save.

Yes 10hrs in ME2. Most side quests done to.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Have you checked your system data to see if you've lost all your data? I haven't heard much about the PS3 version yet, but I've never heard of this happening to 360 or pc players with the game. I don't really know what to tell you. I sympathize. No matter how good a game is, no one wants to run right through the same content immediately after something like that happens.

JFuss said:
Ahhhhh that sucks man.
I remember way back when I was playing one of the Spyro The Dragon games and I had all my progress deleted by a family friends Autistic son, I was so gutted.
But nothing compared to 40 hours, you really need to save more often :p
Mass Effect 2's autosave system is really good. This is especially obvious when you go back and play the first game. My first time playing Mass Effect after ME2, I didn't save for a while (being used to ME2's autosave) and lost four hours of gameplay when I died. I've rarely had to save on my own in 8 playthroughs. Well, it's good unless you have an experience like the OP.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
PixelKing said:
10 in mass effect 2.
30 in mass effect 1.
80 hrs in oblivion.

I'm almost 100% certain that it's impossible to get over 1/3 through Mass Effect 2 in 10 hours.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
warm slurm said:
DeadMix said:
If your able to ignore the ridiculous upgrade management as well as cut and paste scenery...
Oh, boo hoo, the customisation isn't that great. Too bad it has better characters, better combat, better RPG elements, a better storyline and more replayability than Mass Effect 2, though.
I'd agree with you on almost everything there. Except the combat. Much preferred ME2. The original was just a bit too... I dunno. Clunky, for my liking. Actually, I thought the second had more replayability, but that's just because I only had a lend of the first and had my own copy of the second.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Well. I've never lost such a massive amount of progress like that.

But I remember playing Fallout New Vegas when it just came out, and I lost about 5 hours of game time to that damn save glitch.

There was also a time when I was playing Champions of Norrath with a friend. We had gotten to the last chapter of the game, only to get cheaply killed by a bum rush of enemies. It was at that point we realized we hadn't saved since 2 chapters ago, about 5 hours.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I was very near the end in FF6, I think I had 80 odd hours saved to my SNES cartridge...

Then I went to London to meet some friends and have a gaming weekend, and some thieving fucker stole my bag, SNES, all my games, the lot.

I still maintain the worst part was losing my save and the US cartridge that I'd paid about £80 for on US import at the time.

Still I can always hope the SNES took a knock and set fire to his house when he got it home.

No, I'm not bitter.

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:
Whee! Opinions are fun, folks!

I will agree with you that Mass Effect 1 had a better primary storyline and some better RPG elements, but I disagree with you on everything else. The characters, combat, visuals and replayability were remarkably better in Mass Effect 2, at least in my experience.
There were too many of them to get a proper handle on the characterisation/development, and the only good characters were the ones from the first game. Do you really think Miranda, Jacob, Jack, Mordin, etc. were better than Kaidan, Ashley (even if she was a racist *****), Liara and Wrex?

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
PixelKing said:
10 in mass effect 2.
30 in mass effect 1.
80 hrs in oblivion.

I'm almost 100% certain that it's impossible to get over 1/3 through Mass Effect 2 in 10 hours.
I Did die so....

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
SenseOfTumour said:
I was very near the end in FF6, I think I had 80 odd hours saved to my SNES cartridge...

Then I went to London to meet some friends and have a gaming weekend, and some thieving fucker stole my bad, SNES, all my games, the lot.

I still maintain the worst part was losing my save and the US cartridge that I'd paid about £80 for on US import at the time.

Still I can always hope the SNES took a knock and set fire to his house when he got it home.
No, I'm not bitter.
i hope you find him and crush his head with the snes he stole.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the lesson is to always have at least 2 or 3 save files, you cant trust just 1, altho Ive lost all of that when my ps2 decided to eat my memory card with 30 hours of play on persona 2, alot with many older games

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
Worgen said:
the lesson is to always have at least 2 or 3 save files, you cant trust just 1, altho Ive lost all of that when my ps2 decided to eat my memory card with 30 hours of play on persona 2, alot with many older games
again, i had 4. they all vanished as did my profile. not even corrupted data remained. absolutely nothing was left.