NOOOOO! 40 hours down the drain in mass effect 2 ps3

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
HeySeansOnline said:
Just speedrun it, turn down the sound, put on a movie or music in the backround, and play, play play, skip cutscenes, use guides to find the best planets and just hammer that x button down to a nub. Only advice I can give, might cut the replay's time down a bit at least.
man you should see me playing right now. im friggin bull rushing every enemy i see. i got past the opening and first mission in like 30 mins lmao

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
Tip to all PC gamers. External hard drive/USB - BACK UP SAVE GAMES. I've been paranoid about something like this happening to me so I have at least 1 back up of every game updating every few weeks/months or so.

Jiefu

May 24, 2010
NLS said:
Deverfro said:
Try loosing 257 hours of your like to a Fallout 3 save that decides to get buggy. And the only soltution I got from Bethesda? Load an earlier save. IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I HAD *cries*
This is why I always keep a fresh cycle of 10 saves :)
I usually only roll with 3 saves but this is indeed a good policy. In ME1 I'm currently using Auto-save, quick save, and manual saves. It pretty much guarantees I won't lose more than an hour of gameplay (barring a hard drive failure).

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
DarkLordofDevon said:
Tip to all gamers. External hard drive/USB - BACK UP SAVE GAMES. I've been paranoid about something like this happening to me so I have at least 1 back up of every game updating every few weeks/months or so.
i already mentioned this but the saves are copyright protected so i cant copy them to anything :(

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I had a hard drive death last year and lost the saves for all my games including ME and ME2. In the Mass Effect games alone that came out to about 120 hours. I wasn't happy, but now some four months later I think I'm ready to start again. My suggestion is to take some time then come back when you're ready to spend the time it takes to make it through a game of that size.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
rokkolpo said:
Well I lost over 300 hours on Pokemon Blue.

It felt more of a ''GOD I AM FREEEEEEE'' to me.
I know what that's like. My 7ish-year-old cousin once deleted a (completed) save on Ruby version so he could save his game in the starting town...

DeadMix

May 30, 2010
warm slurm said:
stefman said:
i already did at a buddies house. took me two days.
You probably didn't do everything in it, then. It has far more to offer than ME2.
If your able to ignore the ridiculous upgrade management as well as cut and paste scenery...

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
You don't do regular saves? Or does the PS3 only have autosaves? you can probably cut at least 10 hours off that if you play again and take a systematic approach.

DeadMix said:
warm slurm said:
stefman said:
i already did at a buddies house. took me two days.
You probably didn't do everything in it, then. It has far more to offer than ME2.
If your able to ignore the ridiculous upgrade management as well as cut and paste scenery...
There are a lot of people who think unwieldy, annoying, near-insignificant management of armour/weapons/etc. is the same as customisation and a very important feature. Even though it is the exact same as a meaningless time sink that is focussed on put different pairs of pants on.

Sep 14, 2009
stefman said:
NLS said:
Deverfro said:
Try loosing 257 hours of your like to a Fallout 3 save that decides to get buggy. And the only soltution I got from Bethesda? Load an earlier save. IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I HAD *cries*
i had 4. they all went down the crapper. i though only the autosave might be corrupted. SUPRISE!!!
okay after reading this that is pretty shitty, i thought you were like my roommate who only keeps one save...and i facepalm everytime he ends up missing something or has that happen.

so now i do feel bad.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Lost my entire PS1 data, Chrono Cross, Suikoden, Final Fantasy VIII, Grandia, Star Ocean, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy Tactics, Parasite Eve, etc.

I didn't play games for a while after that.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
stefman said:
NLS said:
Deverfro said:
i had 4. they all went down the crapper. i though only the autosave might be corrupted. SUPRISE!!!
okay after reading this that is pretty shitty, i thought you were like my roommate who only keeps one save...and i facepalm everytime he ends up missing something or has that happen.

so now i do feel bad.
yeah. ive had this happen before so i keep multiple saves, but apparently they all flipped me off and shot themselves in the head to reward my preplanning.

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
DeadMix said:
Oh, boo hoo, the customisation isn't that great. Too bad it has better characters, better combat, better RPG elements, a better storyline and more replayability than Mass Effect 2, though.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
JFuss said:
Ahhhhh that sucks man.
I remember way back when I was playing one of the Spyro The Dragon games and I had all my progress deleted by a family friends Autistic son, I was so gutted.
But nothing compared to 40 hours, you really need to save more often :p
o i saved all the time. All 4 of my saves were gone. infact my entire profile was gone. i have no idea wtf happened :(:(:(:(:(:(

Sep 14, 2009
stefman said:
gmaverick019 said:
stefman said:
NLS said:
Deverfro said:

so now i do feel bad.
yeah. ive had this happen before so i keep multiple saves, but apparently they all flipped me off and shot themselves in the head to reward my preplanning.
lol your ps3 is evolving, its learning your habits and adapting to ruin your gaming life forever

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Damn dude that really sucks. I'm playing through ME2 right now on the PS3 too and I know how much that would suck. Unfortunately, EA is know to have this stupid thing with their games and not letting you copy them to a flash drive. I lost a ton of stuff to copyright protection when my PS3 died and I got a new one. Need for Speed Shift, Rock Band 2, Heavy Rain, and The Orange Box all gone.

On a side note (since you're playing on a PS3): Have you noticed any frame-rate issues (I get them rarely but it was still weird) or cutscenes where the audio is lagging behind the video (this one I get really often)?

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
chromewarriorXIII said:
Damn dude that really sucks. I'm playing through ME2 right now on the PS3 too and I know how much that would suck. Unfortunately, EA is know to have this stupid thing with their games and not letting you copy them to a flash drive. I lost a ton of stuff to copyright protection when my PS3 died and I got a new one. Need for Speed Shift, Rock Band 2, Heavy Rain, and The Orange Box all gone.

On a side note (since you're playing on a PS3): Have you noticed any frame-rate issues (I get them rarely but it was still weird) or cutscenes where the audio is lagging behind the video (this one I get really often)?
actually yes. in cutscenes the sound effects are slightly behind the visuals. the speaking is lagless but explosions, gunfire etc is behind.