Nord Mead and You Died

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Why can't we have the fallout songs back to back, compared and contrasted and all that other meaningless dribble that makes me sound awesome and cool when I say.

Well, that and why can't we have songs every week/day, but thats obviously my greedy never satisfied for content internet side coming out. Thus that side should be ignored.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I'd personally love to hear more about Wasteland Soul. I'm not sure there would be too much to talk about for it, but having just recently bought Level 1 I've completely fallen in love with it.

Though really, I'd love to hear about any and all of your Gears of War songs. You have taken the dark and meaningful themes of the series and put them to music while most simply can't see past the games' stereotypically action-packed surface, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on things like that and how the story inspired you. Though my favorite of them is The Grind, I'd really love to hear about Santiago's Lament.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Darth IB said:
Shizzlick said:
I'm a big fan of "Age of the Dragon", so it would be cool to hear about that. :D
Seconded.
That one, and maybe Duke[...].
I'll third this!

Always interesting to read the process behind these works of art

Feb 18, 2009
cricket chirps said:
A song for Shadow of the Colossus would be very very interesting for you to do since most songs you do are of more recent games. Going back to some much older games with critical acclaim would be nice. ^_^

Okami comes to mind as well, an asian themed song would be something i don't think you've done yet.
You know, I really would love to hear his take on either one of those games. And while we're at it, how about doing something offbeat for, say, No More Heroes. Would love that as well.

In the end, it all depends on what Gavin has actually played and what he feels like doing, so let's just wait and see.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Two non-music related questions:

Is Saint Patrick's Day a big deal in Ireland, or is it just Saturday?

Does my German-Irish American heritage give me some sort of advantage in a drinking contest despite the fact that I do not like alcohol (and thus, a disappointment to my family)?

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'm very jealous of your awesome hair.

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
Loved your article, your responses are as witty as always. I actually think that video games have given people a shorter attention span since they are so used to instant gratification/results.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
I think you'd do a good Silent Hill song. Also, I'd like to hear about Age of the Dragon and Duke, You Used to be Cool.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
cricket chirps said:
A song for Shadow of the Colossus would be very very interesting for you to do since most songs you do are of more recent games. Going back to some much older games with critical acclaim would be nice. ^_^

Okami comes to mind as well, an asian themed song would be something i don't think you've done yet.
You know, I really would love to hear his take on either one of those games. And while we're at it, how about doing something offbeat for, say, No More Heroes. Would love that as well.

In the end, it all depends on what Gavin has actually played and what he feels like doing, so let's just wait and see.
So what you are saying is i should send him a copy of Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, and No More Heroes? Got it :D

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Man, that tall sister is nice to be around, but that shorter sister, man is she fun. I really wouldn't mind seeing more of her. A tall somber affair is nice, but you know you'll have fun any time the other is around.

Oh, and I think it would be interesting to get a Zelda song, while I'd love to hear you discuss Age of the Dragon and Take it Back back to back, as a kind of Hawke/Shepard mashup, a Bioware double-pack, so to speak.

Feb 18, 2009
cricket chirps said:
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
cricket chirps said:

So what you are saying is i should send him a copy of Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, and No More Heroes? Got it :D
Yes! Do it! Think of all the sweet, sweet tunes we could have.

Now we just need to get Gav in on this...You get the rope, I'll get the burlap sack.

Flukey

Feb 17, 2009
I would also love to hear about Age of the Dragon, it's one of my favourites.

Wasteland Soul is another, but if you were to talk about a Fallout song, I think I'd actually prefer to find out more about Beauty Bleak.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
For Ornstein and Smough, kill Smough first, then cower behind the broken pillars to protect yourself from Ornstein's stupid powerful attacks.
Alternatively, stay at long range and dodge his scary as fuck lunge attack and then counterattack.
If you kill Ornstein first, the second half of the encounter is harder still, but you get the most powerful armour in the game for doing so.
It's also the ugliest armour, so no one actually uses it.
I just stick with the Elite Knight set, or the Darkwraith set if I'm using the Lifehunt Scythe.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
cricket chirps said:
I've actually finished Okami twice and SOTC once. While doing older games is certainly fun, the views just aren't the same and this is, after all, my job. Still - OKami would be a very interesting one musically! Maybe on a quiet week :)

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Personally I'm finding Encore to be as good as, or perhaps even more entertaining than, the songs themselves! Keep up the good work Gavin!