Nordic Games Rebrands to THQ Nordic, Has 13 Unannounced Titles in Development

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
ffronw said:
Back in 2013, Nordic Games bought almost all of THQ's IP at the now-defunct company's bankruptcy auction for a cool $4.9 million. About the only titles that Nordic didn't end up with were Homeworld (went to Gearbox) and Drawn to Life (went to 505 Games).
Where are you getting this info from? Deep Silver bought out Metro and Saint's Row, Crytek bought Homefront, Sega bought the Warhammer 40,000 license, and Ubisoft bought the South Park license. There's not a whole lot left.

Oh wait, I see what happened, you literally went to the Wikipedia article, F3'd "Nordic Games", and slightly reworded this paragraph without bothering to read the three whole paragraphs' worth of acquisitions above it:
All of THQ's remaining franchises, including the remainder of its original IPs (aside from Homeworld, which was acquired by Gearbox Software, and Drawn to Life, acquired by 505 Games) and licensed software, were auctioned to Nordic Games in April 2013.
Wow. This site sure is a bastion of ethical journalism, boy howdy.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
The Jovian said:
Am I the only one who's picturing a zombie hand rising from THQ's grave? Because that's what I'm seeing in my mind when I try to picture THQ Nordic.
...an angry VIKING zombie hand. Yes, absolutely.

...or a quite normal, lively hand, not stuck in a muddy predicament, grabbing a refreshing drink and greeting friends old and new in Folkvang.

May the dead rise again, or enjoy their stay - I'm really quite giddy knowing that THQ Nordic owns the power and the know-how to continue Darksiders. That might rock so hard we'll all build houses with bricks shat by THQ Nordic's competitors when Darksiders 3 is announced.