North America Gets Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Bundle?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
North America Gets Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Bundle?

Unsurprisingly, the first-ever "proper" Final Fantasy game on the Xbox family will come with its own 250GB bundle - and perplexingly, will include two controllers.

It seems par for the course for the big-name releases to get console bundles these days (and occasionally, not big-name releases), so the news that NeoGAF [http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-Playstation-3/dp/B000FQ2DTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278964269&sr=1-1], now we have potential confirmation of what we probably all should have seen coming when FF13 hits North America in March.

The Xbox 360 bundle reportedly contains the following:

-250GB "Limited Edition" Xbox 360 (the description says 'black,' but the photo shows 'white.' Your guess is as good as mine, folks.)
-AV Cable
-Network Cable
-Final Fantasy XIII (duh)
-Headset
-Two controllers

It's your fairly standard stuff here, though there's no word on if "Limited Edition" means that the console itself will have special FF13 branding - I suspect not. My only question is, "Why the hell does it come with two controllers?" A game like Halo or Modern Warfare? Sure, you'll want multiple controls for the multiplayer. And the Final Fantasy series isn't known for its multiplayer.

In all honesty, this is a pretty uninspired run-of-the-mill bundle, but in case you're really aching to buy FF13 on the 360 (maybe to reflect fondly on the magic age of disc-swapping [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97955-Final-Fantasy-13-To-Ship-on-3-DVDs]) and don't have it yet, it's probably going to be a decent deal at $399. Presumably, the PS3 will be getting a bundle of its own.

Honestly, I'm just hoping against hope for something that looks as awesome as that special FF13-Edition PS3 Slim [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/images/view/62633]. Real men aren't afraid to game in pink (and white).

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
uhh the special edition slim is pretty, but the black? xbox bundle sounds boring, also why does every slightly big game come with its own special xbox and slim, do they really sell that well?.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
John Funk said:
Unsurprisingly, the first-ever Final Fantasy game on the Xbox family will come with its own 250GB bundle - and perplexingly, will include two controllers.
Final Fantasy XI?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
coldalarm said:
John Funk said:
Unsurprisingly, the first-ever Final Fantasy game on the Xbox family will come with its own 250GB bundle - and perplexingly, will include two controllers.
Final Fantasy XI?
Sorry, should have clarified. "Proper" FF game.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I suppose will be nice for collectors. If I ever need a new 360 though at least have the chance to look nerdy about it lol

...if it gets an EU release

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
As my roomie is soon to move out and take his 360 Elite, I WOULD get this except it isn't an Elite, it's a standard with a bigger harddrive. What, no HDMI cable? And why no FF branding?

Eh, ok, it DOES come with 2 controllers....useful since FFXII is of course multiplayer....

And no Collector's Edition of the game? Wait, IS THERE a Collector's Edition?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
JaredXE said:
As my roomie is soon to move out and take his 360 Elite, I WOULD get this except it isn't an Elite, it's a standard with a bigger harddrive. What, no HDMI cable? And why no FF branding?

Eh, ok, it DOES come with 2 controllers....useful since FFXII is of course multiplayer....

And no Collector's Edition of the game? Wait, IS THERE a Collector's Edition?
No, it IS an Elite. "A standard Xbox 360 Elite."

There's a limited edition for Europe, no word on NA.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
That pic's too small to see it, but the game box says: 'Only on XBOX 360'.

There's too many mistakes in that image to convince me it's legitimate.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
I'm still not convinced that Final Fantasy is a system seller. People these games appeal to, in my opinion, probably already bought consoles for similar games making these offers redundant. It'll be interesting to see which package sells better though.

This will probably be the first multiplat game I get for my PS3. I've gotten each proper FF game since FFVIII on the day of release for my playstations so I'm not going to stop now. I still remember the day I got Final Fantasy VIII and how far I got that first night (dollet communication tower).

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
It's a little uninspiring... Still they probably felt that since it's a game that was going to be native to the PS3 they should give an extra reason for people to buy the Xbox version.