Norwegian Retailers Get Rid Of Games After Attacks

L4WLI3T

Dec 29, 2010
*ahem* "This jsut in on fawkz newz: Vedio Gaems cause the Shootign in Norway because being a psycho in the firstp lace doesnt count *ahem*. If this happened. I CALLED IT.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
I completely understand the reasoning. He boasted about how he was going to kill these people and what methods he was going to use. It's not stupid for these retailers to pull these while their country buries the dead.

How any of you can call them stupid is utterly disgraceful and you should be ashamed. People who lost loved ones don't want to be reminded that a psycho killed their family when they see a game title he named.

harvz said:
wait a second, the only truly good games out of that are the modern warfare series...maybe ghost warrior...how is this the list of banned games when there is shit a lot worse for the ps1.
There is NOTHING good about Modern Warfare. Quit lyin'.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
First they came for the FPS games and I was silent...
Then they came for WoW and I was silent...
Then they came for the obscure furry romance JRPGs and woe, for there was no-one left to speak up for me!

Just because I don't particularly enjoy current FPS games, doesn't mean this isn't a dick move.

Also he wasn't a WOW player, as is said, it was just a cover, if he was a WOW player he wouldn't have left the house with a raid on that night.

Honestly, we just need to stop using words like terrorist and 'religious extremist' and just put them all down as 'nutter', as they long stopped following any real religion or idealogy, and there'd be a lot less respect for anyone if on the news they didn't use 'terrorist' but simply stated 'There was minor collateral damage in Missouri today when a ... nutjob fucknugget blew himself up, displaying nothing but his own idiocy to the world.'

'Perhaps in the horrible case where they hurt or kill others, the term could be 'clueless waste of life' or something else, just to make sure there's ZERO glory in being a violent twunt.

I'd like to state I have sympathy for anyone who lost anyone to the actions of this lone crazy fuckwit, but I sure as hell ain't gonna label him terrorist, right wing, or anything else. I don't like the right wing bunch, but he was far beyond mere politics when he strapped the gun on.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
A religious extremists killed people because they belong to another religion and videogames are the problem here?

Sure, why blame religions and and banning extremist mosques and churches when you can just scapegoat videogames.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
Radelaide said:
harvz said:
wait a second, the only truly good games out of that are the modern warfare series...maybe ghost warrior...how is this the list of banned games when there is shit a lot worse for the ps1.
There is NOTHING good about Modern Warfare. Quit lyin'.
as far as AAA games are concerned, its pretty good in comparison (excluding halo reach) and its the only COD game ive finished. of course i only have played the single player.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Gotta love the trolls.

over 50 people were killed that day. By a single man.

This world can be fucked up.

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
Ah Norway, strengthening democracy by pulling games from the shelves. Oh the irony. I am disgusted.

RidetheLightning

Jul 3, 2011
Can you imagine the outrage if retailers banned certain books every time a mass murderer read or claimed to have been inspired by it. Books like the Bible and the Koran would never be sold at all and even if retailers claimed banning them was done out of respect to the victims of the crime it would cause riots since many would see it as a grave insult to the religious text since the retailers would be demonstrating by removing these books that they directly parted some part as they apparently encourage mass killings. Retailers didn't remove "The Catcher in the Rye" after John Lennon was shot, "The Collector" by John Fowles linked with a number of serial killers or "Rage" by Stephen King linked with a few mass school killings. Actually "Rage" is a bad example since it is no longer published. Hopefully this type of attitude towards games will fade out through the years as more and more of the worlds generations have grown up actually playing games. Comic books and movies used to have the same problem its time video games gained the same respect.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
And yet no-one has pulled Bibles from the shelves..... Probably not the first to say it.

Captcha: customer is always right

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
redeemer09 said:
america ,if we want to keep the respect of norway. we must join in on the festivities and destroy all the cods in our local gamestops,walmarts, and targets.
You get the pitch forks, I'll get the angry mob

Your Local DJ said:
Gotta love the trolls.

over 50 people were killed that day. By a single man.

This world can be fucked up.
Really dude? Really? Did you just find this out? Are you that naive?
OT:No one here is making fun of the people killed (I could be wrong), we're just making fun of the retailers.... and some of the games (mostly the games).

RidetheLightning

Jul 3, 2011
ph0b0s123 said:
And yet no-one has pulled Bibles from the shelves..... Probably not the first to say it.

Captcha: customer is always right
Maybe not but no ones mentioned The Koran ,"The Catcher in the Rye", "The Collector" or "Rage" yet.(I think)

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
DaHero said:
Stealthygamer said:
In my honest opinion CSS is the only good game there, and its much cheaper to get it off steam
A multiplayer only quickscoping ego tournament...

Nope, nothing of value was lost to the industry.
Custom maps and gamemodes are what make CSS

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Stealthygamer said:
DaHero said:
Stealthygamer said:
In my honest opinion CSS is the only good game there, and its much cheaper to get it off steam
A multiplayer only quickscoping ego tournament...

Nope, nothing of value was lost to the industry.
Custom maps and gamemodes are what make CSS
Experience tells otherwise, no offense. It's easier to join a server and hear a kid raging.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Removing games?

What a bunch of cowards.

Games do not force people to do anything. This is more about a mentally disturbed man not getting the help he needs, which is a failure of his friends, town, and government.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Deshara said:
And nothing of value was lost.
while i agree, its still right up there in the 'dumbest things ever' list -.-

the dood was whacked BEFORE playing those, so yanking em off shelves fixes absolutely NOTHING