Not-Quite Blue Man Plays Zelda Tunes on PVC Pipe

nebtheslayer95

Nov 22, 2009
that. was. AWESOME! huge props to that guy for taking time to learn and perform so well. the video editing at the end was pretty cool also.

standokan

May 28, 2009
WrongSprite said:
standokan said:
Wow, impressive but still, an incredibly useless skil.
Well, only in the way that any musical talent could be considered useless. Why is this different to being good at the trombone?
My point is that mastering an instrument you can only play in your basement is kinda inpractical, and about considering music talent useless, that's not really what I meant, I meant that mastering such an impractical instrument is a pretty much useless skill, not talent for music (plus, I don't think that talent for music is a "skill")

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Black Watch said:
Once I heard "Gerudo Valley", I had to go and look up the song on OC Remix.
There is only 1 Gerudo Valley Remix on OC that I know of and I have had it for a while. Does not really fit with the type of music it is but it is a good remix none the less.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
standokan said:
WrongSprite said:
standokan said:
Well, only in the way that any musical talent could be considered useless. Why is this different to being good at the trombone?
My point is that mastering an instrument you can only play in your basement is kinda inpractical, and about considering music talent useless, that's not really what I meant, I meant that mastering such an impractical instrument is a pretty much useless skill, not talent for music (plus, I don't think that talent for music is a "skill")
Well seeing as he goes out and does shows, and his main inspiration is a group who uses similar instruments in sold out shows, I'd say that point is moot.

standokan

May 28, 2009
WrongSprite said:
standokan said:
WrongSprite said:
standokan said:
Well seeing as he goes out and does shows, and his main inspiration is a group who uses similar instruments in sold out shows, I'd say that point is moot.
Oh boy, oh boy, I feel like a total asshat now, my humble apologies for trying to make a point on a subject I know very little about.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Anyone else just sit in Gerudo Valley and listen to the music. I must've spent hours just dicking around there so I could hear that music as a child.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
He kind of ruined it for me when he kept looking up at the camera. Otherwise very impressive.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
This is too fucking cool. The guy is a great presenter along with being fairly musically talented as well. The gimmick of the pipe-instrument draws you in but his actual talent, and the fact that he makes it entertaining beyond just listening to the music, is what keeps you watching.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
That was awesome!
I loved the ending when looked at... himself and smiled like an idiot.
Boy can that kid play the pipes.

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
Loved it. The plastic pipes make the notes sound sort of flat, but the music was performed beautifully.