Not That Easy - How to Buy Halo 5 Guardians

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Not That Easy - How to Buy Halo 5 Guardians

There are a lot of options, here's why you might want the specific ones.

Read Full Article

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Wait, seriously? They subtitled it Guardians? Why not call it Halo 5: Guardians of Destiny?

Also, lamp-shading the fact that pre-orders are evil doesn't make promoting it OK.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Braedan said:
Wait, seriously? They subtitled it Guardians? Why not call it Halo 5: Guardians of Destiny?

Also, lamp-shading the fact that pre-orders are evil doesn't make promoting it OK.
Guardians have been in Halo forever - they're the things they say kill you whenever you die to map elements in multiplayer, and refer to the titular ships seen wrecking shit in the commercials.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
Braedan said:

Guardians have been in Halo forever - they're the things they say kill you whenever you die to map elements in multiplayer, and refer to the titular ships seen wrecking shit in the commercials.
Saying the default name for environmental deaths makes something "in the game" is a bit of a stretch. Besides, "killed by the Guardians" was started by Bungie... the guys who also made Destiny. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that the people who created the series went on to make a game staring "the Guardians," and now Zombie Halo 2 is subtitled Guardians.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I guess this is the more ethical/legal method, compared to giving step by step instructions to excited kids on how to use their parent's credit cards. Ahahah! Ok, not funny.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
while i agree with most people that pre-orders are a bad thing and all these special editions are bad too (watchdogs anyone?). I just want to nit pick one little thing in the article: the animated Fall of Reach thing. I didnt know it was a thing either, but if its anything like the book, then no, you do not go play halo reach instead. the book's story (and thus the animated show's story (i hope)) was so much better than the game's story (which was just plain bad)

Colts92

Jan 16, 2014
I expect more quality journalism from the escapist rather than listing the pre order bonuses for a semi annual shooter.
It's quite sad an industry so done to death we have to make guides for what pre-order is optimal. Disgusting.

Ylla

Jul 14, 2014
Well at at least they finally scrapped the map DLC, back in Halo 4 you could only play them for a week, if you were lucky, and then the "Season Pass" didnt even have them all so when the last maps pack was released nobody played it at all.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Colts92 said:
I expect more quality journalism from the escapist rather than listing the pre order bonuses for a semi annual shooter.
It's quite sad an industry so done to death we have to make guides for what pre-order is optimal. Disgusting.
Semi-annual?

Combat Evolved - November 2001
Halo 2 - November 2004
Halo 3 - September 2007
Halo Wars (RTS Spinoff) - September 2009
ODST - September 2009
Reach - September 2010
Combat Evolved Anniversary (CE Remake) - November 2011
Halo 4 - March 2012
Halo 5 - October 2015

So that is 3 years between every main game, except for Reach and Halo 4, which is 2.