Not trolling but common sense and fact, Is the Xbox one dead?

Fonejackerjon

Aug 23, 2012
Desperation, pure undiluted desperation. Price cut to £329. No kinect. The public STILL don't want to know.

If I'm wrong why not release sales figures? Sony has, doing very well.

Yes, people may argue 'give it time' 'give it time.'

Like they said for the PS vita. In two years the Xbone one will be dead. Mark my words. This isnt trolling this is common sense and fact.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Yeah just like everyone said it was "common sense" to declare the Wii U dead because it had a poor start.

I mean, shit man, the PS3 hurt Sony by 5 billion dollars, sold their two headquarters, and they still pulled it back around third year in the market.

The Xbox One has been here for only a year. If it doesn't pick up after 3 years I'll start worrying.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Judging by past console launches I don't think it's failing quite hard enough to say it's dead. Give it a few more years and you'll likely see a substantial increase in sales. That said, Microsoft is no doubt regretting many of the decisions that got them to this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they retired or sold the Xbox division by the end of this generation.

Fonejackerjon

Aug 23, 2012
Y
Fappy said:
Judging by past console launches I don't think it's failing quite hard enough to say it's dead. Give it a few more years and you'll likely see a substantial increase in sales. That said, Microsoft is no doubt regretting many of the decisions that got them to this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they retired or sold the Xbox division by the end of this generation.

You may be right but I have never seen a company get this desperate, this quickly, I don't know why call it a hunch but something does feel different about this console generation, Every console generation up until this point has some kind of wow factor last gen it was HD now what do we have? nothing.

Sorry but better frame rates and 1080p just wont cut it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
When a company has to resort to buying Minecraft for $2.5 billion and to take Tomb Raider hostage for a while, you know something is very, very wrong. There's no way in hell that Tomb Raider deal will make money for Microsoft. No one is going to buy an Xbox to play Tomb Raider. All the hardcore fans know it's a timed exclusive, they're not retarded. And Minecraft deal was a huge gamble. Sony could easily come up with a better clone and with some good marketing they could make Minecraft irrelevant. Hell, they could release the clone for the PC too, just to hurt the Xbox more. It's what I would do in their place. I can almost guarantee you that Microsoft will not release Minecraft 2 on the PC. And if they do, it will be a Windows 9 exclusive.

Fonejackerjon said:
Sorry but better frame rates and 1080p just wont cut it.
Microsoft doesn't even have that. And now they're counting on Dx12 to help them with the performance. There's one thing that Xbox fans don't seem to understand when it comes to hardware power. They say things like "resolution and framerate aren't that important" etc. They kind of are when you consider a certain context, which I haven't seen anyone mention before. PS4 can do more and it costs less, we all know that. But lets say that you have a game that runs and looks exactly the same on both systems. Lets say 1080p, 30fps on both consoles. The PS4 is more likely to be able to maintain a consistent framerate than the Xbox One because of the better hardware. That's still an important advantage to have. Tomb Raider reboot runs almost always at 60fps on the PS4. The Xbox One version drops below 30 at times. That's abysmal.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
PS3 had a bad launch and managed to stay in the game, so don't count Xbox out.

But apart from Halo, I don't see that really big hit that can turn them around... and Halo isn't quite the monster it once was. We'll see though. They're likely to buy up some game studios to get more exclusive content going their way. That certainly helped with PS3 since they had stuff like Infamous and Uncharted to woo in people.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I sincerely hope not since I just put money down on the Call Of Duty bundle.

Would of gone PS4, but I feel attached to my Gamertag

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I don't see it being dead or dying, I've always got VGCharts and other sites to look at sales data to see that the XB1 is still going along, not as great as the PS4 but it's still going and I'm planning on grabbing the Sunset Overdrive bundle, at this point I could hardly give a fuck with the obvious of hater and doomsayers, they don't matter to MS anyway since they are no longer the target.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Eh, I'll enjoy it alongside my "dead" Wii U. Especially with games like D4 out, with stuff like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound on the way.

RIP in peace consolerinos.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Are you kidding? Judge the console's success on ownership and the sales of software. Game companies generally make a loss on hardware, that's jut part of the industry standard these days.

The Xbone is enjoying plenty of success in terms of sales and third-party support, which is a lot more than can be said for Wii U. Also remember that we're in the middle of a hardware generation transition. I play Xbox 360 and most of the guys on my friends list are still playing 360, or in some cases they own both consoles and switch between them depending on what they want to play (huge titles like Minecraft and GTA 5 are, or were until recently, last-gen exclusively). The majority of 360 owners will, in time, become Xbox One owners.

Xbone and Microsoft in general are doing just fine.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Judging by the numbers, I think this is still a case of people needing to realise that less success =/= failure.

In fact the same could be said for the Wii U and that hasn't failed yet.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Dead no, but it's walking on a tight rope, over an active volcano, during an earthquake, while holding an umbrella during a thunderstorm. One wrong move and it's lights out from the xbone. I'm not holding my breath for them. With every year that passes, we will see the difference in power between the xbone and the ps4. And the ps4 is just goin to be more and more appealing.

My prediction is, in about in 3 years, there will be a new version of xbone, that will be equally as powerful as the ps4. Only then will the xbone have a chance ( albeit tiny) to catch up with ps4.

Oh and WIIU is dead because it STILL has no games.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I hope not, because competition is a good thing. I'd rather have a few companies all trying to do things better than each other than a single company that no longer gives a shit because it's the only game in town.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No. I hear people talk about it all the time at work and outside of the internet. It is very much alive. Plus, when the next Halo game comes out, it will get a shot in the arm most likely. That might even be enough for me to buy one. It depends on what other games are out for it at the time.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
I work at a electronics store and during last month for example only 4 people asked for xbox one and that for me notifies something because we also sold let me look out the numbers, 1,4 PS4, 2 Xbox 360, 1,6 PS3, 0,8 Wii, and 1 Wii U per day and those 4 x ones.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Fonejackerjon said:
Desperation, pure undiluted desperation. Price cut to £329. No kinect. The public STILL don't want to know.

If I'm wrong why not release sales figures? Sony has, doing very well.
It's doing alright, not great like the PS4, not terrible like the Wii U.

At the current rate, the Xbone is on track to sell 8 to 10 million units by the end of the year (if they're shipping somebody is buying, retailers don't buy stock to park it on shelves), so it's either already overtaken the Wii U or it will have by the end of the year. That's perfectly fine for a console's first year even if it's not keeping up with the PS4 hurtling past 10 million sold in August. Europe has traditionally been Playstation land as well, the 360 got sort of close thanks to the PS3's bad start, but in the end normal service resumed.

£329 is still over $500, so it's not like they're being given away yet, although the number of price cuts needed to keep them going out the door at a steady rate must be somewhat hard to take for Microsoft.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
It was never alive!

OT: I don't think it's dead quite yet, but the days of Xbox's dominance are probably gone.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Xbone won't die because it uses the same sort of x86 hardware that the PS4 and PCs have. That means it is very easy to port games to it, so it is unlikely to end up in the vicious circle where nobody buys it because there are no games and there are no games because nobody owns one.

That said, it is in a tricky situation, having a cheaper, more powerful competitor and having eroded its' brand loyalty with all the 'always online', 'big brother is watching you get dressed', 'deal with it' bullshit.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Isn't this just a semantic game? What constitutes "dead" in this context? It's not in the lead, it may well never be in the lead, does that make it dead?

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
the xbox one and PS4 both have the same problem, they have no games!

seriously got the xbox one on my birthday and got titan fall, the only other game i got with it was destiny (which i've since returned)

the next game i'm getting is call of duty and that's in two months and i have yet to find a suitable game that i am remotely interested in yet