Notch Gets His Very Own Team Fortress 2 Hat

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Holy fuck, have a miscommunication with a famous gaming group and suddenly your popularity drops to "kicking puppies" status.

Hat looks nice, I Jelly.

macacos2

Apr 2, 2010
Robot Overlord said:
How some retard playing around with java could make such an unappealing concept into a video game and sell thousands of copies is beyond me... People really are just like honour students at the fingerpainting academy
You may blame 4chan's videogame board for making up hype for it from the beginning.

People over in that board (don't go dismissing that just because it is in 4chan, there are thousands of people there every day) were promised many features for Minecraft, which, by the end of the development stage, did not even get near it's ultimate goal.

Minecraft is a lazily made, unfinished product that got it's popularity boosted by retards who have an attention span of 8 seconds and an average salary income. Notch completely gave up on adding things he promised (more mobs, better AI, blood moon, new items, quests, rpg elements) because he is lazy, and is a terrible Coder. So what did he do?

He hired some guy called Jeb to do all the coding job for him, while he eats bacon paste and swims in money. It would be alright if the content that got actually added wasn't stolen concepts from modifications made by Minecraft users:

Npc Villages [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/227822-10-millenaire-npc-village-1103-fixes-for-mc-10-fence-gates-baby-animals/]
Tameable Dog [http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v181-mo-creatures-v2142-with-scorpions-turtles-and-crocodiles/]

And to all of those who claim that he is an innovator of sorts, Notch doesn't add anything to the industry. Nothing. All of his work are stolen concepts. [http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Notch#Games_and_other_work] Minecraft is a copy of another game called infiminer. [http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Infiniminer]

And you all praise him.

It's depressing, to say the least, actually seeing a good, deep, and beautifully crafted game like Skyrim have to fight head-to-head against this joke of a game on metacritic [http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/new-releases/pc/metascore?view=condensed&hardware=all].

Still too biased to actually believe all this? Have some enlightement. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E&t=20s]

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Angry Juju said:
Korten12 said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
SO he libels Yogscast and sicks his horde of drooling retards after them and he gets a fucking hat. Be dick get reward.
I am confused, Yogscast?
they're a couple of youtube celebrities who make minecraft videos

it's a long story full of the blame game so i'm going to sum it up nice and quick

They were doing something at minecon, notch was in a bad mood, notch called them dicks and banned them from minecon, yogscast explained what they did and said, notch apologized, people like the second poster apparently still hate notch despite the apology.
Wow that actually seems like a much bigger story than this. Escapist, you should do a story on this, I'm just saiyan. [http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d7/d708051d_im-just-saiyan.jpeg]

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I don't see the big deal people have behind the Notch hate.

He doesn't seem to be abusing his fame for anything. He didn't ask for the Scrolls lawsuit, nor did he demand that he get a TF2 hat.

He might not be deserving of the fame, maybe, but I don't see why people are suddenly hating on the guy.

macacos2

Apr 2, 2010
ThunderCavalier said:

He doesn't seem to be abusing his fame for anything. He didn't ask for the Scrolls lawsuit, nor did he demand that he get a TF2 hat.

He might not be deserving of the fame, maybe, but I don't see why people are suddenly hating on the guy.
He poops out a game he took the concept from other game, barely finished it using java, puts a $30 tag on it, calls it "done" and gets awarded in almost every type of way for it (Indie awards, Rivers of money, etc). He's also very arrogant.

He's an insult to any good developer out there. Or any costumer with half a brain.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Both sides call something a misunderstanding, apologize, and make up.
People on internet immediately argue about issue at the drop of the hat.

Guys, shut the hell up about this, please. It's annoying as shit and it's already been fixed.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
samsonguy920 said:
Cyfu said:
fail xD let's try this again.

@aprilgold
WRONG!
notch makes money of them. yes they make money of notch as well, but notch isn't the one paying them. and remember that they promote notch's game for free which in turn makes him more money. Notch haven't paid anything for commercials or anything (he may have paid for commercials now, i'm not sure) all he did was send the game to big youtubers and said "hey can you check this game out?" and BAAM! everyone knows what minecraft is and they buy it. its wrong of him to make such accusations of people that are making HIS game more popular.
Keep in mind those people are making money off of their videos that isn't going to Notch. One can supplement their income quite nicely with steady videos fed to Youtube. It's no different than someone showing Let's Plays of Assassin's Creed, and flaming Ubisoft every chance they get. The only difference here is Notch let it get to him, and he reacted. Frankly, both of them erred in their actions, but both of them have done their part to resolve this and move on. It is long since time everyone else did, too.
you can't say that Yogscast erred because you don't know if what Notch said is actually true. the only thing we do know is that notch was a douche and tweeted about them and gave them a bad reputation. of course, what Notch said can be the truth but we don't know. the only thing we do know is that Notch destroyed their reputation because of something that may or may not have happened. and in resolving the matter, it won't happen because Notch is a douchebag and have moved on and don't care about what happened to them. i think (I'm not sure about this) that when they asked Notch about the DDOS he answered "fair enough". at least yogscast were professional and sent a letter explaining everything. which is a lot better than what Notch did.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
ThunderCavalier said:

Hold on!

He doesn't seem to be abusing his fame for anything.
This is wrongggggg! The way he blows things out of proportion just to have his followers run after whatever-the-'enemy'-is is just careless and ... to be blunt: retarded.
And don't even try to pretend he didn't know about what would happen either. On the Scrolls lawsuit, fine, that might just have been a mistake. But the Yogscast thing was overreaction at best - and after the Scrolls issue he should've known better.

Next up ... as for anyone wanting people to simply 'move on'. I agree. Yes, move on. But don't friggin honour him with a TF2 hat, shortly after such incidents. Simple as that.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Oh come off it, people.

Notch is receiving the hat for minecraft. The Yogscast thing doesn't factor into it and never should. It was a stupid mistake nobody should have given a shit about in the first place, akin to Kim Kardashian's divorce in levels of importance. Let it go, and go have fun playing Minecraft or TF2. Personally, I think it's quite nice of Valve to do something like this for Notch.

macacos2 said:
Lots of people like a game you don't. Get over it. If you care that much about metacritic, note how much higher the user score is for Skyrim than it is for Minecraft.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Ill be honest, Im pretty jealous of Notch and thats awesome that Valve have done this.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
SO he libels Yogscast and sicks his horde of drooling retards after them and he gets a fucking hat. Be dick get reward. Real bad timing. I know its not for his actions but it should have been held off for some time until all the fanboys had calmed down.
Didn't know yogscast was this important to people. I've been watching their videos back when they only had 2 of them in total on their channel, and despite that, I don't eternally condemn Notch for what he's done. Yeah, it wasn't very nice, but it shouldn't change the relation between him and companies that are not related to this in any way.