Notch Gives $3 Million to Mojang Employees

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Angry Juju said:
made a game in 48 hours with the humblebundle
Wolfire made a better and more complex game in the same amount of time but the Mojang cocksuckers only focused on their shitty RTS thing

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Realitycrash said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Can we crown him a pixelated philanthropic God yet?

Because I would totally pray to that. You know. In the manner one would pray to a pixelated God--by playing the game he made for us. Then playing the game that he and Jack BlackTim Schafer might possibly be working on.

Of course, we'll also need to ascend Jeb, so that things actually get done...
If you wanna crown a pixelated philantropic God, you really should look up how much money Bill Gates have donated to charity in his life-time (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027878/Bill-Gates-pledges-58-billion-fortune-charity--children.html), and that's just the money he's pledged when he dies, it isn't even counting the money he gives every year.

What I am trying to say is that it almost makes up for Vista.
He's got the philanthropic part down, sure, but he's missing the pixelated part. I'll not have one without the other, if we're considering godhood here.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Balobo said:
Angry Juju said:
Wolfire made a better and more complex game in the same amount of time but the Mojang cocksuckers only focused on their shitty RTS thing
Jesus Christ, did Mojang kill your parents or something? Yes, Notch uses Twitter to gain attention? You wanna know why? Cause that's called marketing. He wants people to buy his game. That's okay he's allowed to do that. It's business.

As him not knowing how to fund a game, is he (and Mojang) not publishing Cobalt? Seems like he'd probably know at least a bit about it.

Why do you have such a vendetta against them. A lot of people enjoy Minecraft. If you don't that's fine, but don't attack everyone who likes it.

Wait, are you the Fortress Craft guy?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Balobo said:
JediMB said:
Balobo said:
JediMB said:
He didn't. Some people just like to interpret his openness, spontaneity and joking around on Twitter as bragging.
Attention whoring would be a better word, right?
Like everyone else with an active Twitter account, I guess?
Other Twitter users don't get paid for (not) doing stuff
Until a few months ago he was a full-time developer. Now he's still the founder and owner of a company, and is for the time being basically doing R&D for future projects.

You seem to be constantly changing your argument, anyway. I think I'll just leave you to your little vendetta now.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Angry Juju said:
Balobo said:
Angry Juju said:
Jesus, what's your problem? in fact. what's everyone's problem with notch? he hasn't done anything wrong thus far. people just jump on him about using his twitter account for what you may as well call casual business.

I know you won't reply to this because you know i'm right. but people need to grow up. seriously.
Jealousy.

I should know, I feel it too. He reminds people like me (and Balobo it seems) that we don't have what it takes to create anything of worth, let alone something that makes us millions of dollars and reaches millions of people.
Unfortunately not everyone that feels this way can suck it up and accept that despite their jealousy Notch hasn't actually done anything wrong.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
maxmanrules said:
remnant_phoenix said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Well, I guess you could say he can add another Notch to his pickaxe.
(cue CSI: Miami music)

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/
For future reference.
Hah! That's the exact URL I had in mind when I posted, but I didn't have the URL on hand. Now it's bookmarked.

Much obliged.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
That's a hell of a moral boost for his employees! Hope that keeps the quality of his products up, kudos to Notch!(Coming from someone that doesn't play minecraft anymore :p )

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So, you think they'd considering hiring some 17 year old in England with no talent?
Pretty please?

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
So, you think they'd considering hiring some 17 year old in England with no talent?
Pretty please?
Probably. Remember, they have a manager of fun or some shit.

Angry Juju said:
You quoted a load of people and provided ZERO reasoning as to why you hate notch. All you did was insult everyone.

Attention whoring isn't a valid reason for hating Notch, and it never will be. He wants people to buy his game but he doesn't want to be so traditional with the way he does it.

And as for your QQ about him not funding his own game, you do realize how much WORSE minecraft would be if he had a larger team don't you? and updates wouldn't come out any faster..

Oh and one last thing..
Yes it is.

And Minecraft would be better with a larger team. Can you really say with a straight face that Minecraft would be more unoriginal and unstable with a larger team than it is now?
Angry Juju said:
Yes they're funding a small indie game. I never said he was inexperienced with giving money out anyways.
Notch isn't used to spending money on game development so it doesn't come off as a surprise that he underestimated the development costs.
Just because it seems that your memory is as shallow as your reasons for hating mojang.
I meant that he was not used to spending money on HIS own games.
That is, Minecraft.

Anyways not that any of this matters, he'll be irrelevant in a year anyways.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
remnant_phoenix said:
Nile McMorrow said:

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Is this what it has come to? Not The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again but "CSI: Miami music". What next? "The Wonder Years music"? "The Wire music" or even "House music". A bit of respect please.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
remnant_phoenix said:
maxmanrules said:
remnant_phoenix said:
Nile McMorrow said:

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/
For future reference.
Hah! That's the exact URL I had in mind when I posted, but I didn't have the URL on hand. Now it's bookmarked.

Much obliged.
That is quite alright good sir, have a spiffing day. (It's my third bookmark :D)

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Angry Juju said:
Nope. Don't change your argument because you've been proven wrong, you didn't state that AT ALL. you were even arguing about psychonauts 2 at the time.
Umm I never changed my opinion. I always said that he was good at throwing money around, but never good at funding his own shit.

Angry Juju said:
And stop QQing because your computer can't run minecraft,
Very interesting comment you have there :) I, in fact, run it with Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders at around 60 FPS capped. Of course, this would be much easier if the game actually had any effort put into optimization (which it doesn't).

Angry Juju said:
the game has bugs as do all games
An unusually high amount of bugs, some of which have been known for over a year and never fixed.

Angry Juju said:
and the game was inspired by and built upon infiniminer (guess what? minecraft isn't the first game that's not completely original) however it's good enough how it is, you might not like the game but then that's your own preference, so far you've came out with ZERO reasons that aren't complete bullshit as to why you hate mojang, tell us ONE, just ONE ('blablah notch r attenshun whore' doe not count).
I can give several. For one thing, being praised for innovation and creativity when they have not shown examples of either. The problem is the company will never be good under Notch's leadership. You cannot succeed while having that clown running the company and the PR. I don't have many criticisms for the team itself, but I have several for Notch. He's arrogant, unprofessional, constantly seeking the limelight for doing nothing, is deft to a lot of criticisms, etc. Minecraft really should be a five dollar game on Steam, but it isn't. The amount of content in it isn't worth more than five dollars. Yet Notch increases the price between different stages of development without any significant extras to warrant the price hike. Now, Minecraft can be fun under certain circumstances (some huge no-rules PVP servers, for one), but is severely missing elements in other circumstances. I'm not saying this to troll (the mods seemed to have thought I did, even though I didn't) but everything I've said has been true. Maybe you like Minecraft and Mojang (and even Notch...) and that's fine, but you're going to see them getting a lot less attention in the coming months because they're a one-trick pony. They're not going to make much more and they'll quickly fade into obscurity once the Minecraft craze dies out and gets replaced by another.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Angry Juju said:
Neither did Skyrim, but then that's still goty
I don't agree with Skyrim being GoTY so I guess we have an agreement here.

Angry Juju said:
Why? why won't it succeed? it's been doing well for about 2 years, and you still haven't provided any reason as to why notch is a clown.
Because it's been riding on the Minecraft success for the past couple of years. Do you see Scrolls making any headlines? I thought not.

Angry Juju said:
Then why do you keep insulting mojang and not notch?
? I've insulted Notch way more than I've insulted Mojang itself

Angry Juju said:
Of course he's unprofessional, you don't need to be a stereotypical boss to run a company.
...You have to AT LEAST act like an adult when you're doing business with other people.

Angry Juju said:
You've provided no evidence as to how he's arrogant and finally, he made a game and he wants to sell it, do you turn on your TV and say 'Geico? god what attention whores'
An example would be his departure from 4chan for Reddit due to getting criticisms from 4chan. Reddit, with every thread being a circlejerk, suited Notch well. Also saying he needs a rest from game development altogether because he spent so much effort making a small... Java game....?

Angry Juju said:
I've yet to see you say or give any valid, constructive criticism, the game does have its flaws but then so do all games. (and don't repeat that bullshit reason that minecraft has more bugs than your average game, that point's entirely subjective)
Oh yes Minecraft is totally as stable and well optimized as other games. It TOTALLY has a shit ton of content and not just an artificial vastness created by the world generator. It totally does more than just repeat blocks and mobs for the miles and miles it goes on for.

Balobo said:
Minecraft really should be a five dollar game on Steam, but it isn't. The amount of content in it isn't worth more than five dollars. Yet Notch increases the price between different stages of development without any significant extras to warrant the price hike.
Angry Juju said:
Okay, Notch tried a different marketing plan (that worked, quite successfully). and he didn't suddenly say 'Hey, we're raising the price of this game now, okay?' It said on the website that the price was going to increase about a year or two ago.. And on top of that, it's not much more expensive than games like super meat boy and bastion.
I know he said he would, but I actually hoped that he would've done more between each stage other than changing the name and announcing slower updates.

Angry Juju said:
And why does it have to be on steam? By keeping it off steam he's keeping away steam's DRM.
Idk it doesn't really matter I was just using Steam as an example.

Angry Juju said:
I shouldn't have to quote what I can blatantly see as trolling and flaming in your posts, if you can't see it then why are you on forums in the first place?
Apparently you have more of a problem with this, considering you have less posts than me and have been here for a significantly shorter amount of time and yet you're on the bordering red.

Angry Juju said:
You haven't said anything.. you've wrote a lot but haven't made a valid point.
Hmm... if I haven't, can you really say you have?

Angry Juju said:
You think that. I won't burst your bubble there, even though the Minecraft craze died out long ago...
Really? Then how come their latest game, Scrolls, isn't receiving any prerelease hype that would show that it would have the strength to carry Mojang on its back?