Notch Persson Livens Up Ferguson's Late Late Show

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Notch Persson Livens Up Ferguson's Late Late Show

Welcome to the world of old-style entertainment. Don't mind the plastic skeleton; he's friendly.

"Are America's ways so different from yours?" asks Craig Ferguson, the Late Late Show host who fled Scotland in 1983, and so Notch Persson of Minecraft happily descends into the madness that is American late night television. It might not be Persson's first time in the States, but it is his first late night show appearance, and he handles it like a seasoned pro. Though perhaps he'd really rather be a janitor, if he could get paid in chocolate euros.

God knows there's no stopping Persson's Minecraft; it's the crack cocaine earlier this year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125394-Minecraft-PC-Tops-11-Million-Sales].

Damn. Now I want a chocolate. Maybe there's something in the fridge ...

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I rather like the host. Really has that... old school vibe going on.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
Cool stuff. I personally think Craig Ferguson is easily the best late show host of them all because he's so relaxed and the unscripted nature of his show, so it's awesome to see Notch on there.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
It was entertaining and the Scottish guy is a good host, but all it really did was illustrate just how out of touch American T.V is with other mediums.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
He is the only good thing that has ever come out of Scotland. Really, all it said to me is that American T.V has no idea what is happening anywhere else in any other media.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The corners of the internet where gamers live was described as "a very bitchy world".

Very accurate.

Notch handled himself well.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
One of the best game devs on the best Late Show. Craig Ferguson is awesome.
I don't suppose it was you who asked for them to host notch as a guest? (I don't care how overused/outdated that joke is, I still like it.)

karloss01 said:
I just hope they sorted that fire out, would be a shame if it all burned down :D
I'm sure someone called he fire department. I cant imagine the guy who chatted with Craig would be the only janitor,

Agent_Dark

Oct 27, 2010
dylanmc12 said:
He is the only good thing that has ever come out of Scotland. Really, all it said to me is that American T.V has no idea what is happening anywhere else in any other media.
mechalynx said:
dylanmc12 said:
He is the only good thing that has ever come out of Scotland.
Sean COnnery and Ewan McGregor might want a word.
Also, Franz Ferdinand are a good band. Oh, and Scotland gives us actors like Gerald Butler, James McAvoy, Karen Gillan, Robert Carlyle and most importantly Denis Lawson (because Wedge Antilles rules). Not to mention all that delicious whiskey. In fact, Scotland has been pretty good to the rest of us.