Notch Pumping Air Into Minecraft's Sky Dimension

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Nether and Skyland?

.........What about....Candyland?

Come on Notch! Candyland! make it happen!

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
It needs the following to be complete

* A flying vehicle of sorts
* Parachutes
* New Mobs
* New Blocks
* New Tools
* More Steampunk

I really, really think minecraft would be cooler with more steampunk.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Awesome. Can't wait to see stuff like the floating city from Star Wars (name escapes me at the moment), Dalaran and the like.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
The following topics have been discussed:

-Various floating island mods
-The existence of floating islands in an earlier version of Minecraft
-Complaints about how it looks
-The fact that Notch doesn't like how it looks
-The fact that blocks currently float in the game
-The fact that the floating islands wouldn't have ground under them (or in sight)
-Things that should be implemented with it
-Something called Terraria

And according to most of the complaints on the first couple pages, nobody is allowed to mention them again. Because that would be stealing.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
he's taken this idea off of a mod, i have a link here. http://www.minecraftforum.net/ so not a copy of terraria, but a mod implement. :D

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Kalezian said:
Those look pretty awful.

I mean, great idea, but if the end result makes the map look like you laid down roughly 7 million blocks of TNT, then it might not be a very well received update.

Of course, he could just make the seed's make floating islands in-game again, instead of making them an entirely different dimension.
Yeah they do look pretty bad, but atleast Notch has acknowledged it. He's done floating islands fairly well in the past so I trust it'd look decent in the end.

Also why is it called the "Sky Dimension" and not the Ether? Nether/Ether, works perfectly well :D

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
FredTheUndead said:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/194948-coming-soon-the-aether-collab-king-kodaichi-shockah/

Notch is so shameless in his taking ideas from mods.
Now if only he'd take that idea from the moving torchlight one....

At least that'd be one EVERYBODY wants.

xcgillx2

May 7, 2011
I wish an exact copy of minecraft would come to the consoles not failure attempts.... fortresscraft

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I really respect Notch, but I honestly don't see how he can top [a href=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/194948-coming-soon-the-aether-collab-king-kodaichi-shockah/]this[/a] in any reasonable amount of time.
If I were him, I'd wait until those guys finish the Aether, and pull a MCRegion on them.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
I say that the way you reach these has to be like the gates in the webcomic homestuck (where my avatar is from)

you build up to them in the sky, where they just are naturally, albeit rarer spawn than clay, and then the portal takes you to the sky dimension. also, Another world for Nethergating in the skyworld would be cool. purgatory?

Beertaster

Jan 20, 2011
Well I would think that the islands would look nicer with more depth, if they were more singular isles, and had thin bridges connecting them.

It would also help to add some new water effects, like a mist the falling water, but that more speculation. the 3 above would be a good way to fix the issue with ugly seeds.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Maraveno said:
Wouldn't these islands be too easy to spot?
Good point, but from the screenshots, it probably works like the nether where you'll be transported to an alternate dimension. You can't see the ground in any of the screenshots. Also it was mentioned as being the "sky dimension".