Notch Still Good for Psychonauts 2 [UPDATED]

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
So your the one calling BG&E 2, I hear the phone ringing from outside their windows but no one ever answers...

surg3n

May 16, 2011
This has been blown out of proportion - just read Notch's blog... I can't say I'm surprised - if it happens, it'll most likely be yet another Kickstarter project.

I think what is really required, is a publisher who's willing to take a few risks, people will get sick to death of kickstarter - like maybe the first time they contribute, wait 2 years on a game they already paid for, then are expected to contribute for this as well. The other thing that needs to happen is a shake up of budgetting game development - these projects can't all expect millions of dollars in free funding. A new market strategy is needed, and it's not Kickstarter... Of course, it would probably get enough funding, but who knows what shape the market will be in by the time they get round to it, after the current project I mean. Kickstarter should be the start of something big, the profits should be re-invested in projects like Psycho2 - like using it as a route to true independance, not relying on the fanbase to fund development on every project.

What if they took all the profit from Double-Fine, and used that to fund Psychonauts2, then the original contributers get a copy of that as a bonus - like a club almost, that you join by supporting a kickstart... that would be pretty sweet I think, it would certainly make Kickstarter seem a lot less like rape to me and people would get more from it, I could justify contributing to something like that.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
With their powers combined, they are Double Mojang, greatest of all indie companies!

Though, I'm almost tempted to revoke both of their indie cards. They're beginning to look like black holes on a gravity map of the cosmos--things are soon to change around them. Not sure if we can let them keep the "indie" title if that's the case.
Never understood this line of reasoning. Never understood it in regards to music and I don't understand it in regards to game devs. Incredibly successful independent game makers are still independent game makers.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
The creator of Minecraft is now going to bring us a sequel to Psychonauts.....can we just grant Notch sainthood yet?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Freakout456 said:
The creator of Minecraft is now going to bring us a sequel to Psychonauts.....can we just grant Notch sainthood yet?
Maybe if he also makes Star Wars Battlefront 3 happen. God, I'd love that.