NPC you couldn't bring yourself to kill or mourned the death of

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
I felt pretty bad about killing the brain damaged bodyguard from Assassin's Creed 2, yet at the same time, I guess I was freeing him.
Ugh Yes this, I felt like such a jerk.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
From Prey:

Having to kill Jen, as if it wasn't bad enough that she was turned into a freak.

That, and in Tales of Symphonia when Colette lost her soul. Sure, I didn't have to listen to her say stupid stuff for a while, but it was still sad as hell.

admiraljustin

Mar 18, 2009
I can kill anything. I mean, I euthanized my companion cube faster than anyone else!

But, in the villa in Hitman: Blood Money, I can not kill the target while he's playing the cello, the music is awesome.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
stukov961 said:
In Dragon Age Origins
When you defile the Urn of Sacred Ashes with Leliana in your party. I couldnt kill her eventho I didnt find her that intresting
Really? She was in my party and didn't do anything at that point. PM me what happened, I'm curious now.

Anyways, on topic, the only NPC I've really disliked killing was Dwayne in GTA IV. I actually reloaded a previous save and went to the other choice.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Dawn Star from Jade Empire I was evil but sometimes i let her influence me later i killed her i regret listening to her. and The Companion cube i will never know anyone else like him

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
The Golden Sun said:
Also the Sherrif in Fallout 3, but I didn't kill him, I just had to watch him get murdered before my eyes, totally powerless to help him...
If you're talking about Lucas Simms, you can kill Mr. Burke before he kills Lucas. My friend told me that after I also watched him die, thinking there was nothing I could do.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
Gyrefalcon said:
Sometimes a game actually makes an NPC that you like so much that you can't bring yourself to kill them in a mission or are actually sad when they die in the game.

The vampire in the Dark Brotherhood missions in Oblivion was like one of the ONLY characters that consistently had something nice to say. I couldn't bring myself to do in one of the only people that didn't greet me cheerfully in one sentence and curse me for smelling of death in the next.

I also felt bad when the main character's servant died in Suikoden as part of the story plot.

So what's yours?
Well as much as I feel like a jackass when I kill certain characters, that's just my style. I play the extremes when it comes to alignment modifiers and all around real choice. So those decisions are just part of the role that I'm playing. I know the difference between good and bad, doesn't mean I'm not going to do it. And I find it very funny that my girlfriend doesn't like watching me when I'm playing my evil characters because she thinks that's how I really am, or something.

I don't recall the Vampire your talking about in Oblivion, but I do have to say that the guild quests are by far my favorite parts of that game. Cheers.

I know what you mean with the guy in Suikoden. But I also know of a way to keep him from dying. You have to get all 108 characters by that point (for some reason) I just never did. Fuck that noise. Plus it makes the impact of the events hit that much harder. There has to be conflict. Ying and Yang, buddy. Ying and Yang.

CivilWar

Dec 5, 2009
Companion Cube!!!! :'(

Someone I couldn't WAIT to get rid of was Rose, your sister in Fable II. When she came back for that one side mission near the end, I almost went nuts with anger!
Also...
Am I the only one who can't stand Alyx Vance?

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
i honestly felt bad when i first killed companion cube, it took me ages to pull myself together in order to kill it and i didn't kill wrex in mass effect because i liked him and i was hoping i could have sex with him but that didnt happen...

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
Nimirum said:
Ghouls from Fallout 3. Due to a tight economy I chose to murder the female ghoul Greta in order to get Charon's work contract... it felt so bad to do it. Her corpse even persisted in lying outside the Underworld all through the game, just to remind me to feel bad about myself.

I also tried playing the game through being "super evil", but stopped once I reached that Penny-whatshisname Tower and I had to fight the ghouls. The fact that it's only an hour into the game goes to show how much I suck at being evil.
I have played through Fallout 3 as good and neutral (essentially I did all the good quests but I stole all the shit I could find, even if was to just drop it back down again, all to stay neutral). I just finished all the DLCs a few weeks ago (I just got them, I'm a PS3 player). After I finished, I thought to myself, "I wonder what the game would be like if I was evil." Needless to say I started a new character. I was done being evil within an hour. I just can't be that much of a dick.

But yeah, I was really upset when James / Dad dies in Fallout 3 (essentially because whenever I play a game where you have choice, I put myself into the shoes of the PC and try to relate the NPCs to family and friends. My dad and grandfather where both recognizable comparisons to james for me. So when he died I was pissed. After that, I didn't feel bad for the Enclave in the slightest).

Also, i was upset when Farah died in Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, for obvious reasons.

So James and Farah are the two deaths that get to me the most in games.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
The Emperor in Oblivion
First time i played i was ready to fight for him
then im like what, why cant i move
why is that wall opening, NOOOOOOOO

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Saturos and Menardi in golden sun.I don't know why but I felt like crap after killing them.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
lord canti said:
Amnestic said:
I will always mourn Captain Emmy Malin [http://www.wowwiki.com/Emmy_Malin]

I felt like such a cockbag for killing her.
What game is she from?
If the link wasn't clear, World of Warcraft. She's a named NPC mob in Dragonblight.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Agayek said:
Aeris.

If I need to explain what game or why, you obviously know nothing about video games.
She may as well have been an NPC for as useful as she was. I've got to say, I laughed so hard at that scene. He just came out of nowhere and ventilated her spleen. I must say, it was quite a sword-id affair! You could even say it was 'cutting' edge! Sephiroth was all like "It's 'knife' to meet you!" Her favorite move must be Blade!-- okay I'll stop now.

General Leo in FF6 always bummed me out. I thought for sure that he was going to become a fully playable character later on, but then he just died.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
The Children on Fallout 3...

I Just could never bring myself to do it it..
<color=white>Stupid immortal kids

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Every man I lost in Cannon Fodder. You will always be remembered.

Especially you, Corporal Jops. You were a hero.