Nuclear Armageddon is here... (Wheres The Satellite?)

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
MBurner 93 said:
Well, from what I've heard, North Korea has at least 1 nuclear missle and an army that could all fit inside a coach bus, so hopefully, the nuke hits directly on Noth Korea itself, cause they'll probably just get 200 guys to throw it at Japan, and just kill themselves. But not South Korea. South Korea is a kickass country with awesome fighting styles.
sighs
Please tell me you are kidding right?

Wikipedia said:
North Korea has the fourth-largest military in the world, at an estimated 1.21 million armed personnel, with about 20% of men aged 17-54 in the regular armed forces. North Korea has the highest percentage of military personnel per capita of any nation in the world, with approximately 40 enlisted soldiers per 1,000 citizens. Military strategy is designed for insertion of agents and sabotage behind enemy lines in wartime, with much of the KPA's forces deployed along the heavily fortified Korean Demilitarized Zone.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
This reminds me of people "starting shit" on facebook/myspace, its like watching 2 douchbags fight

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Even if it's just a harmless launch, it exposes what was already there: this fear that someone crazy enough to want to end the world would press the button. I think the Cold War might not be over yet. We just don't know who we're fighting, and that thought is utterly terrifying.

Captain_Caveman

Mar 21, 2009
the north koreans rocket is probably the equiv of a U.S. rocket from the 1950s. who cares. let them launch it, it will just blow up or crash anyway. then we can all laugh at their failure and anger KJI more.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
Dastardos said:
MBurner 93 said:
Well, from what I've heard, North Korea has at least 1 nuclear missle and an army that could all fit inside a coach bus, so hopefully, the nuke hits directly on Noth Korea itself, cause they'll probably just get 200 guys to throw it at Japan, and just kill themselves. But not South Korea. South Korea is a kickass country with awesome fighting styles.
sighs

Please tell me you are kidding right?

Wikipedia said:
North Korea has the fourth-largest military in the world, at an estimated 1.21 million armed personnel, with about 20% of men aged 17-54 in the regular armed forces. North Korea has the highest percentage of military personnel per capita of any nation in the world, with approximately 40 enlisted soldiers per 1,000 citizens. Military strategy is designed for insertion of agents and sabotage behind enemy lines in wartime, with much of the KPA's forces deployed along the heavily fortified Korean Demilitarized Zone.
Well, yea, but they're probably too poor to use real ammo, so they shoot peas and bits of paper at people.

ElderScribe

Mar 20, 2009
The simple fact of the matter is that N.Korea is like a child, it's likes to see what it can get away with before the parents slap their hands, if they wanted to strike a target with a rocket they could do it...i mean seriously think about this, how hard can it possibly be for N.Korea to thump a rocket into S.Korea? not very hard at all.

This is something they won't do because they know what will happen, they'll find themselves with even fewer friends than they do now and even find themselves on the wrong end of a carpet-bombing.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
If it's actually just a satellite, then the Koreans are justified to respond, I do believe.
If not... what's one missile gonna do?

I will tell you what it will do, my friend.

IT WILL EXPLODE IN THE AIR, RELEASING A TOXIN THAT WILL TURN EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO BREATHES IT IN INTO THIS :

Actually, Devilman is cool......

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Griever18 said:
I will tell you what it will do, my friend.

IT WILL EXPLODE IN THE AIR, RELEASING A TOXIN THAT WILL TURN EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO BREATHES IT IN INTO THIS :

Actually, Devilman is cool......
A virus that will make me look good without a shirt on?! Finally!

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
If Noko actually has a nuclear weapon and they use it, they'll be screwed.

Not by any military means, but their LARGEST supporter and trading partner, China, is adamant that they NOT develop nuclear weapons.

If it's clear to the chinese that they have, they'll cut the rope to Noko and Noko will become even more ridiculously poor and powerless then it already is.

Roffey123

Apr 27, 2008
Therumancer said:
North Korea's act marks them as being a major threat. Showing their abillity to fire WMD at an extreme range. They threaten Armageddon, they should be ready to receive it.
*cut to save space - will summerise*

"ug ug ug GUNS ug ug ug PUNCH ug ug ug ME WANNA BE MANLY ug ug ug NO ONE ELSE MATTERS"

*normal service will now resume*

The more militants you have, the more wary/respectful people are in relation to you, and the less likely it becomes that you actually have to cut those sentiments loose on people. Of course when the militants disappear effectively, things go to pot.

You can't speak softly and carry a big stick, without the big stick. The idea is that when speaking softly doesn't work, you wallop the crap out of whomever your dealing with. If you speak softly, and then speak softly some more, and then again ad-infinium, it doesn't work. Nobody respects a big stick gathering dust in a closet somewhere that has become only a hypothetical possibility. Especially if that closet is locked and your basically saying that if your soft speaking doesn't work, you'll get your key, unlock the closet, and begin dusting off your stick, so maybe you might wallop someone with it, assuming it hasn't rotted away. :p
Didn't someone like you decide to go and shoot some police officiers yesterday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7983894.stm

Oh yeah, there was.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Therumancer said:
Quotey stuff.
Hmm, who has one of the biggest militant armies in the world... Oh, right. FUCKING NORTH KOREA!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Army

Arming yourself with a twelve gauge and thinking like a frontiersman won't stop a god damn missile.

"Ma, them KOREANS fire a dang missile! Get my gun!"

You have an ARMY for fighting wars with. Give a gun to a civilian and you've got the human equal of a bee. He doesn't quite know what he's doing, but he'll fucking keel you!

Roffey123

Apr 27, 2008
Here's the reason - North Korea has attempted to plunge the world into WW3 before (see: Korean War); and rather unfortunately hasn't moved on since the 1950s either in technological, philiosphical and societital terms. Everything they see from the US happens to be from the "Capitalists", who, because NK has the mental age of a 5 year old and sees things in black and white, is seen to be a bad guy.

And because NK acts like a metaphorical 5 year old; the rest of the world, realising this, thinks its very bad for this particular child to have things that make big booms. And the sad thing? We really do think that this child would use said things that make big booms, and that's not a satirical commment.

bipeo

Mar 25, 2009
IceStar100 said:
Dastardos said:
I love how a lot of people aren't worried about this at all, and believe North Korea is bluffing and in a few days this will all blow by.

And what if they aren't bluffing and launch the rocket, which gets shot down, and NK invades Japan? That's just what the world needs right now is another war...
Between this, the mayan thing, and the hardon collidor. I just don't care anymore. Maybe we will wipe are selves out. Then roaches take over and do a better job. We humans seem to not cut it.
what does the hadron collider have to do with it

Roffey123

Apr 27, 2008
Anonymouse said:
Kim Jong-Il seems like a likable enough fellow and I trust him more than that bastard Bush that you americans let in office for 8 FUCKING YEARS.
"Likable?"

Bush didn't let his people starve.

Bush didn't move resources away from said people to fuel his military libidio.

Bush at least wasn't crazy - stupid, but not crazy.

And at the VERY least - Bush could of, would of, and has, been got rid of. Kimmy will stay as head of state of North Korea til he dies - because he was given his position by birthright, not democratically.

Like Therumancer, I award you no points, and may god force you to read up on things before you make stupid comments.

TurretedCasius

Mar 8, 2009
The whole world has its guns pointed at north korea right now so it would be wise of them to not do anything stupid

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Roffey123 said:
Therumancer said:
North Korea's act marks them as being a major threat. Showing their abillity to fire WMD at an extreme range. They threaten Armageddon, they should be ready to receive it.
*cut to save space - will summerise*

"ug ug ug GUNS ug ug ug PUNCH ug ug ug ME WANNA BE MANLY ug ug ug NO ONE ELSE MATTERS"

*normal service will now resume*

The more militants you have, the more wary/respectful people are in relation to you, and the less likely it becomes that you actually have to cut those sentiments loose on people. Of course when the militants disappear effectively, things go to pot.

You can't speak softly and carry a big stick, without the big stick. The idea is that when speaking softly doesn't work, you wallop the crap out of whomever your dealing with. If you speak softly, and then speak softly some more, and then again ad-infinium, it doesn't work. Nobody respects a big stick gathering dust in a closet somewhere that has become only a hypothetical possibility. Especially if that closet is locked and your basically saying that if your soft speaking doesn't work, you'll get your key, unlock the closet, and begin dusting off your stick, so maybe you might wallop someone with it, assuming it hasn't rotted away. :p
Didn't someone like you decide to go and shoot some police officiers yesterday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7983894.stm

Oh yeah, there was.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul

Wow that was one of the more mature responses I've seen here on the escapist. >.>

If you want to debate points, do so, don't try and start flame wars.

-

That said, while I have no plans in force for an imminant invasion of America seeing as it's not something that would happen overnight, there is a decent chance that if the police ever tried to apprehend me I would respond in a similar fashion. Generally speaking I am unlikely to be in such a position however seeing as I am pretty law abiding and unlikely to be considered an "emergency" for any valid reason. Chances are if you ever heard about me standing off the police it would be a sign that something really messed up was going on, and the police/society was seriously out of line.

Frankly though, the idea of the cops coming after me like that doesn't really enter into my thought processes, any more than preparing for an apocolypse of whatever sort.

As far as North Korea goes, they are the ones saying "hey we're about to unleash satellite guided nuclear ICBMS". That's not a conspiricy theory, they said it. North Korea is hardly a progressive regime with a friendly relationship with the US. I see them as being in the same catagory as a nuclear Iran, worse because rather than just threatening allies like Isreal they are actively developing technology they can use on us, and with their policies/attitudes I am hardly comfortable with the idea. Given the choice between us and them (whoever "they" might be), I will always pick us/my own side. I am not talking about taking out North Korea because it makes my B@lls feel big. The differance between North Korea and other nations with a hate on for the US is that North Korea is working on Satellite guided WMD and is thus a threat, and other nations that merely dislike us are not. I for example don't support an invasion of Venezuala, since they are mostly just an annoyance, but if the rebuilt CIA wanted to whack a certain leader down there I certainly wouldn't object (measured response).

When it comes to other things that I mention as part of my overall militant attitudes, well Russia for example DID invade Georgia, they DID threaten poland over a defensive missle interception base, and they DID attempt to sway an election in Ukraine by poisoning a pro-western cantidate. None of that is paranoia, it all happened, and yeah with the global situation the way it is, I think we need to start being a bit more aggressive/assertive when it comes to our own interests and keeping our piece of the pie.

>>>----Therumancer--->