- Apr 3, 2020
NVIDIA Delivers Quantum Leap in Performance, Introduces New Era of Neural Rendering With GeForce RTX 40 Series
Powered by Ada Lovelace Architecture and DLSS 3; Third-Gen RTX up to 4x Faster Than NVIDIA Ampere Architecture GPUs...
- Starts at $900 for 12GB G6X, $1200 for 16GB G6X, not counting any additional price gouging
- Claimed as being 2-4x faster than 3080 Ti (2x faster in rasterization and 4x faster in raytracing)
- Ostensibly launching in November, but just assume bots will snag up the vast majority
- 24GB G6X
- Claimed 2-4x faster than 3090 Ti (2x faster in rasterization and 4x faster in raytracing)
- Ostensibly launching on October 12th, but just assume bots will snag up the vast majority
The 4000 series is also supposed to more energy efficient compared to the 3000 cards.
DLSS 3 boosts performance up to 4x over brute force rendering and supports both GPU and CPU-limited games. In addition to upscaling, DLSS 3 now generates entirely new frames through the use of optical flow, motion vectors, and deep learning. 7 out of 8 pixels being rendered with DLSS 3 come from neural rendering. Unfortunately, it seems this feature will be 4000 series exclusive.
If it can deliver on those performance gains, then that is very impressive. But those price points tho. Fuck cryptobros for having helped normalize this price gouging.