Nyan Cat Invades Unreal Tournament 3

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Nyan Cat Invades Unreal Tournament 3

Unreal tournament 3's arsenal grows slightly more colorful and vastly more annoying with the addition of the popular rainbow-defecating pastry mutant, Nyan Cat.

Thanks to modder Scott Coxhead (and friends), you can now add insult to grievous injury by replacing Unreal Tournament 3's most powerful, weapon, the Redeemer, with the rainbow-secreting feline of internet meme fame. Once unleashed, Nyan cat be guided around the battlefield, filling the arena with its appallingly catchy theme tune, and leaving a distinctive rainbow trail in its wake. When it reaches its target, or if it gets shot down - the trailer reminds us that Nyan Cat survival is not guaranteed - it erupts in a fiery multicolor "nyansplosion" killing everything nearby. Essentially, these modders have managed to replace the mild annoyance I feel upon hearing that goddamn song with genuine fear. Wonderful.

The mod also includes custom suicide and death messages for those poor souls claimed by the Nyansplosion, as well as a special rainbow-themed UI for the player guiding the terrible creature towards its target. It can be downloaded here. [http://www.cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/]

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
We need more mods like this e.g. Nyan total war or the Nyan cat companion mod for oblivion etc...
Just think of the possibilities.

Apr 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
[HEADING=1]GODLIKE![/HEADING]

Man, UT still rocks.
[HEADING=1]HOLY SHIT[/HEADING]

I just remembered that I forgot to install them on my computer after installing Windows 7. I knew something was off...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Been a while since I played UT3... *sigh*, time to get back into it.

Nyan Death to ALL!

MULTI-KILL!!!
KILLING SPREE!!!
GODLIKE!!!

[sub][sub]I can't remember the other ones, been too long.[/sub][/sub]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Awesome mod althought it would make me want to keep it alive way longer than needed.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Grey Carter said:
mild annoyance...
Son, I am disappoint.

OT: Haven't played UT, but this looks cool. Is there anything modders can't do?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
JoJoDeathunter said:
Is there anything modders can't do?
As it currently stands, I can play Unreal Tournament 3 as a team of Spartans against a team of Locust (Gears of War) on a gorgeous tropical map (ONS-Tropico) while guiding a Nyan-Cat missile around cliffs and into an enemy node.

So no, there's not.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
[HEADING=1] NNYAYYAYAYAY-YANYNAY SPPPRREEEE!!!![/HEADING]

Ah, thats almost grand enough to make me get the game, but only if theres stil people playing online, I AIN'T FIGHTING NO GHOST TOWN NO HOW!
[sub] yes I will still get it even if theres bots...[/sub]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
It's a shame that there's so few people playing this game and hopefully this will make them actually play this game. Nyan style.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Aprilgold said:
[HEADING=1] NNYAYYAYAYAY-YANYNAY SPPPRREEEE!!!![/HEADING]

Ah, thats almost grand enough to make me get the game, but only if theres stil people playing online, I AIN'T FIGHTING NO GHOST TOWN NO HOW!
[sub] yes I will still get it even if theres bots...[/sub]
The bots in Unreal Tournament (any of them) are intelligent to the point of being a little scary. You won't regret the purchase.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
That's the third time in one day that an Escapist news article has made me think the world is turning into a giant Onion article...