NYCC 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 1

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
NYCC 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 1

Check out some of the great cosplay we saw during our first day at NYCC 2013!

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I have to admit, I am not always 100% who all the cosplayers are. It would be really good if each picture was titled. Still enjoyable none the less.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Wow, a lot of good ones here. I especially like that robot dog... thing... costume. I have no idea where that's from, these pictures really could use some subtitles...

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
CrazyGirl17 said:
Wow, a lot of good ones here. I especially like that robot dog... thing... costume. I have no idea where that's from, these pictures really could use some subtitles...
I think it's Bladewolf from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. At least it looks a lot like him.

But man, even if I can't identify half of them, they're all pretty amazing. I wish I could cosplay. I would go as Gaige from BL2.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Wow, i actually recognize over half the characters! I especially like the Lutece Twins and Zombie Mario, although with all the shrooms he eats, I'd expect more Cordiceps Mario.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
That's not Day 1. It was gray as shit on Thursday, and as a result the Javits was darker inside. Plus, I didn't see a single one of these guys, and the fellas at the Escapist booth are wearing different clothes. Not to mention that there wasn't all to many cosplayers (considering how many there usually are on the rest of the days) to be had Thursday.

Still bitter that I was only able to get a Thursday pass? You bet.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Red X said:
1. The coin toss people from BioShock Infinite
What do you mean "coin toss people"!? These are not mere coin toss people! They are Lutece twins, Rosalind and Robert two most interesting characters from that game!!! ;)

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
Can the escapist please add a slideshow feature? Its really annoying to not be able to just keep clicking through the pictures

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
pretzil said:
Can the escapist please add a slideshow feature? Its really annoying to not be able to just keep clicking through the pictures
Was about to ask this myself, nice to see I?m not the only one being annoyed by the poor set up. at the very least they could change the next image selector to the top of the pics. would make things much nicer.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
ccggenius12 said:
Red X said:
10. No idea
Human versions of DJ Pon-3 (Vinyl Scratch) and Pinkie Pie. It depresses me that I know that.
Also, 3 to go!
No no, it's a GOOD thing you know that *hi-five*. I expected a lot more MLP cosplay, but I suppose fans may be reserving some of the better stuff for BronyCon :p

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
Red X said:
TallanKhan said:
I have to admit, I am not always 100% who all the cosplayers are. It would be really good if each picture was titled. Still enjoyable none the less.
Challenge accepted!
1. The coin toss people from BioShock Infinite
2. Alien movie Soldier
3. Moxxi - Borderlands
4. Luke Cage/Power Man and Storm (X-men)
5. katana and Scorpion of Mortal Kombat
6. Loki in Sif's body (Ragnarok happened and he resurrected as a women Lady Sif, Thor's alley and frequent love interest)
7. It's on the tip of my tongue...
8/9. Reminds me of a Kazuma Kaneko design of the Shin Megami tensei games or a Metal Gear Solid mech
10. No idea
11. Damn, again the tip of my tongue
12. What's his name from FF7, Cid Highwind?
13. Raven and Starfire from the post Crisis on Infinite Earths story Teen Titans before the current reboot
14. Again i know i know this!
15. Red Lantern (Green Lantern's power is Will, Red is Rage)
16. Last Airbender Characters, Aang, Azula and I's guess Aang's Son from the current Avatar seasons.
17. Vega from Street Fighter II
18. Zombie Mario Mario
19. Looks familiar, but i can't place it...
20. Good and Evil Raven from The Teen Titans

So I couldn't identify about 4 :p
7, 14, and 19 are all Homestuck cosplayers. 7 is two Aradias, 14 is Dualscar, and 19 is a group of Rose and Roxy cosplayers. I'm surprised so many are in the gallery.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Ok, the light up eyes effect in #20 is spectacular. I would love to know how they pulled that off?

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
The Luteces look really good, but my pedantic side still can't get over the fact that they messed up the tally marks.