Oath of the Gatewatch Cards to Keep an Eye On

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Oath of the Gatewatch Cards to Keep an Eye On

The most played cards from Oath of the Gatewatch to keep your eyes on.

Read Full Article

Dec 10, 2012
Since I have very limited funds to spend on cards these days, I was excited when my first OotG booster got me a Kozilek's Return. But it doesn't fit well into any deck I have at the moment, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more worth it to pawn for the cash to buy a couple more boosters.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
TheVampwizimp said:
Since I have very limited funds to spend on cards these days, I was excited when my first OotG booster got me a Kozilek's Return. But it doesn't fit well into any deck I have at the moment, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more worth it to pawn for the cash to buy a couple more boosters.
Magic finance is never a straight answer. For instance, a lot of cards will be at their peak right when the set first releases since that's when demand is highest. So it's not a bad idea, in general, to move cards you wont be using right away since you'll just lose value on them. But not all cards stay stagnant either. Personally, I would hold it at least through the weekend. If it does well at the Pro Tour it will spike. As for what to do with it, if you're trying to strech your Magic dollars as much as possible I would try trading it for cards you want rather than selling and buying packs. Most folks will trade at full value, rather than a shop that needs to make money to keep the lights on.