Obama calls for mandatory government service.

Hurray Forums

New member
Jun 4, 2008
397
0
0
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/07/another_inconvenient_truth_dow_1.html
After watching the video I must say I'm shocked this hasn't gotten way more attention.
"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
I would love to know what "national security objectives" require a drafted force that large and powerful. He also goes on to say that forced service "isn't too much to ask" and that this force would be kept out of danger "unless absolutely necessary".
 

Carbon016

New member
Nov 13, 2007
35
0
0
I dunno. I know a few people that live in Singapore, and all of them found their mandatory service in the army..far from favorable. They talk almost like they have PTSD from it.

I think mandatory military service, even domestic, could create a Hitler Youth-esque indoctrination scenario that I'm not comfortable with.
 

Bulletinmybrain

New member
Jun 22, 2008
3,277
0
0
Carbon016 post=18.68581.633473 said:
I dunno. I know a few people that live in Singapore, and all of them found their mandatory service in the army..far from favorable. They talk almost like they have PTSD from it.

I think mandatory military service, even domestic, could create a Hitler Youth-esque indoctrination scenario that I'm not comfortable with.
So showing and smacking other countrys with our oversized penises while the stupid ungrateful youth steal shit.(not all but some.) is better?
 

DeadlyFred

New member
Aug 13, 2008
305
0
0
Darth Mobius post=18.68581.633478 said:
As opposed to the lazy do nothing youth that America has in abundance? Yeah, what's the worst that could happen, American's might stop being lazy? Yeah, SO FUCKING HORRIBLE....
Compulsory military service wouldn't assuredly improve the attitude of this country's youth any more than mandatory Church attendance. No offense to any of the decent people in the military? But there's a damn lot of total goons in the service; I hardly see it as being a model self-improvement program. People should just be required to obtain a license in order to breed.
 

Audemas

New member
Aug 12, 2008
801
0
0
I'm for learning how to fight for my country well and all that but only if I believe in what we are fighting for. That's part of the reason why I'm not in Iraq/Afghanistan right now. And yeah it's kind of fucked up because if everyone knew how to kill like in hand-to-hand don't you think murder and just crime rates in general would rise in the U.S.?
 

Bulletinmybrain

New member
Jun 22, 2008
3,277
0
0
DeadlyFred post=18.68581.633496 said:
Darth Mobius post=18.68581.633478 said:
As opposed to the lazy do nothing youth that America has in abundance? Yeah, what's the worst that could happen, American's might stop being lazy? Yeah, SO FUCKING HORRIBLE....
Compulsory military service wouldn't assuredly improve the attitude of this country's youth any more than mandatory Church attendance. No offense to any of the decent people in the military? But there's a damn lot of total goons in the service; I hardly see it as being a model self-improvement program. People should just be required to obtain a license in order to breed.
Or not breed at all until a specified time. More job opportunity's and less resource fucks.
 

Bulletinmybrain

New member
Jun 22, 2008
3,277
0
0
Audemas post=18.68581.633508 said:
I'm for learning how to fight for my country well and all that but only if I believe in what we are fighting for. That's part of the reason why I'm not in Iraq/Afghanistan right now. And yeah it's kind of fucked up because if everyone knew how to kill like in hand-to-hand don't you think murder and just crime rates in general would rise in the U.S.?
If everyone knows CQC then the edge is lost.
 

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
4,719
0
0
Khell_Sennet post=18.68581.633490 said:
Forced service is never a good idea. I forsee people leaving the US en mass if Iraq Osama wins. And oddly enough, he's STILL the better choice.
Im pretty sure there are some european nations that do this with no problems.

And the nickname... what are you 8? i'm not even american and i think thats just one more reason to vote Obama.
 

Carbon016

New member
Nov 13, 2007
35
0
0
Bulletinmybrain post=18.68581.633509 said:
Or not breed at all until a specified time. More job opportunity's and less resource fucks.
Yeah, that's my cue to stop taking this thread seriously.
 

Eyclonus

New member
Apr 12, 2008
672
0
0
Audemas post=18.68581.633508 said:
I'm for learning how to fight for my country well and all that but only if I believe in what we are fighting for. That's part of the reason why I'm not in Iraq/Afghanistan right now. And yeah it's kind of fucked up because if everyone knew how to kill like in hand-to-hand don't you think murder and just crime rates in general would rise in the U.S.?
Apparently the police in some cities are having a real hard time as the iraq vets are coming back to their old gangs and teaching them urban warfare and how use weapons properly.
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
I think it's the swiss that do something very similar and it's worked out wonderfully for them.
 

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
2,804
0
41
Country
usa
Yeah I read that speech earlier and found it sort of freaky. Since the conclusion i reached was National police. Which as history has shown is never a good thing, but maybe I just misunderstood what he was saying. Not that he knows what he's saying either lol.