Obama has killed...

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
...a fly. And people, such as PETA, have critcised him for it. I don't see what the fuss is about. Flys are annoying little buggers that can carry disease, and serve no visible purpose (if there is one could someone PM me about it).

So what's your opinion?

Also, feel free to add tales to this thread where any sort of group has over-reacted to a trivial event.

EDIT: Forgot to add links. Sorry.
Here's MSN's take on the story:http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=148042775&ocid=today
And here's a video of the fly-swatting President in action:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8kBdhitrlo&feature=related

TheMatt

Jan 26, 2009
bernthalbob616 said:
...a fly. And people, such as PETA, have critcised him for it. I don't see what the fuss is about. Flys are annoying little buggers that can carry disease, and serve no visible purpose (if there is one could someone PM me about it).

So what's your opinion?

Also, feel free to add tales to this thread where any sort of group has over-reacted to a trivial event.
link pls, I HAVE to see this.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DAMN YOU OBAMA!! DAMN YOU, YOU BUG-HATING MONSTER!

..Anyone got a video of that pwnage? Or where PETA criticise him? I've heard about this hilarity, but never saw it.

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
Anyone who complains about the killing of a fly is an idiot. That's what I think. Some things deserve to be killed for certain reasons. I kill about 25 mosquitoes a night at work, but if I find a beetle or something in my office, I'll pick it up and put it outside. If it sucks my blood, it dies. Simple. Flys don't suck my blood, but also, getting all up in my grill qualifies it for a swat'in.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Don't get us started on PeTA.
They're making a fuss about a fly for publicity.

Previous publicity stunts include:

• Wanting fish renamed "Sea-Kittens"
    Asking the Pet Shop Boys to rename themselves The Rescue Shelter Boys
    And some others I can't remeber

Just remember that they kill hundreds of animals every year, despite claiming to be against that and that one of their top people is strongly against animal testing, yet uses insulin which was, of course, developed by animal testing.

Just ignore PeTA and hopefully they'll go away.

TheMatt said:
link pls, I HAVE to see this.
Here it is. [http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=nw20090618091637683C911486]

bernthalbob616 said:
Flys are annoying little buggers that can carry disease, and serve no visible purpose
We humans serve no visible purpose when you look at it. That's just bringing up the whole "Meaning of Life" question.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
bernthalbob616 said:

So what's your opinion?

No visible purpose!? My good man, flies have a perfectly valuable purpose! They feed frogs!
Now, imagine a life without frogs. Depressing, no? That is the fly's purpose.

Oh, also ecosystem maintanence and stuff. But that's not as important as the frogs.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
... Wha'... Just... no, just no. Comon PETA, you can surely be coming up with a more interesting story to waste everyone's time, at least make it more entertaining.

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Ugh, PETA disgusts me. I will now personally go out and hunt as many flies as possible just because they are such whiny punks.

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Someone should explain to PETA that everytime they walk across grass, there's a good chance their disturbing a few ants or other insects living among the grass.... now that would be terrible wouldn't it?

Fuck it, i'm gonna go sacrifice a centipede

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
I know it sounds rather silly, but my respect for Obama has increased slightly because of this. It's not exactly easy to swat a fly sitting on one of your hands. I suppose he's pretty quick and got some killer instincts. Nice shot Mr. President!

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
I must admit, Obama's got some skill. I've never been able to do that. Bravo, sir, bravo.
As for PeTA, they should go away. It's a fly. I'm fairly certain they're not endangered.