Oblivion Damage Immunity

Ray Conner

Jan 25, 2009
Just making a new character, but I was wondering if there was any light armour peices
(not including shields) that has a reflect damage enchantment, or if I'd have to make it myself

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
When you join the mages guild and advance high enough to be let into the arcane university, then you can echant stuff.

Other than that, wepons and items are leveled and mostly random. So You may find some armour with the enchantment on it, but prob no a whole set.

Its best to just make it.

wtfclowns

Apr 15, 2009
Only shields and rings, i think. You'd have to make one yourself

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Generic_Magic_Apparel#Reflect_Damage

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
I think you have to do it your self. Or be lucky and find one in some cave or ruins.

But to be honest I don't know. I used to go the Conan the Barbarian routine. Not much cloth and a big sword.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
The Raiment of the Crimson Scar is a leveled item that you can obtain by purchasing all the upgrades for Deepscorn Hollow; wait until level 25 if you want the 35% Reflect Damage version.

I belive its light armor

However, custom Reflect Damage enchantments are not possible: this effect is disabled at the Enchanting Altar.

wtfclowns

Apr 15, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
However, custom Reflect Damage enchantments are not possible: this effect is disabled at the Enchanting Altar.
Its only possible if your born under The Sign of The Tower, because you can only make custom spells of those types you already know.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
wtfclowns said:
pimppeter2 said:
Its only possible if your born under The Sign of The Tower, because you can only make custom spells of those types you already know.
Im not talking about spells, Im talking about enchantments.

Im relativly certain you can use all enchantments from the get go

wtfclowns

Apr 15, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
wtfclowns said:
pimppeter2 said:

Huh, then why can't I enchant invisiblilty items before learning an invisiblilty spell first? Bleh, I never was much of a spellslinger.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
wtfclowns said:
pimppeter2 said:
wtfclowns said:
pimppeter2 said:

Huh, then why can't I enchant invisiblilty items before learning an invisiblilty spell first? Bleh, I never was much of a spellslinger.
Im sorry your right

WIKI said:
The magical effects that you choose to use for enchanting must be from spells that you know and are able to cast, although not all effects can be enchanted into an item (e.g. you cannot do a permanent Restore Health). Therefore, if your only Frost Damage spell is too powerful for you to cast (e.g. it requires Journeyman level in Destruction, and your level is Novice/Apprentice), then you cannot choose Frost Damage as an effect
Source:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Enchanting

AtticusSP

Apr 6, 2009
Are you on PC or Console?
Because PC has quite a few mods that greatly improve Oblivions boring Magic system, making it much easier to create cool enchantments, provided you can acquire the money to do it.

compensating

May 12, 2009
I avoid damage by turning invisible and stabbing the enemy in the back, one shotting many many people and creatures.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
With the correct items and atronach starsign you can be immune to damage but 100% chameleon is better. With that you can run by everything without being slowed down by paralysis spells.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
If you have it on 360, you can still download the Frostcrag Spire DLC from Live. It's a purchasable house that you can buy spellmaking and enchantment altars for, without having to join the Mages Guild. Then if you went under the Tower sign, you can make your own reflect dmg armors right off, assuming you can afford the upgrades for the Spire.