Obsidian Would Love Another Chance at Fallout

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
In the Elysian fields of my idealistic mirror world I keep in my heart, Bethesda and Obsidian developers join forces to create the best possible Fallout game. Together. Complementing each other's skills and covering for each other's flaws.

The wonderful design and enviroments of Fallout 3, with the much needed spark of life and purpose of New vegas. Why pick sides, when what we can do together can be so much more?

(I should write a game-themed speech for next May Day)

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
knight steel said:
Humbug Fallout 3 was much better than New Vegas-it actually felt like an apocalypse game with a grim-dark world,new vegas was too goofy for me to take seriously >_>.
Yeah, I felt the same, though most people seem to disagree. New Vegas was good, but it did not feel like a post apocalypse. The world was fer too civilized. The opening to Fallout 3 is still one of the most memorable I've played, whereas New Vegas was... less than impressive. New Vegas also felt more linear, as they were clearly shepherding the player in the directions they wanted them to take, whereas Fallout 3 really allowed you to roam where you pleased. I did like the companions in New Vegas though, and I hope Betheseda took notes on that account. Credit where credit is due.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I'd be very disappointed if they don't get it. Fallout 3 was shit in comparison to all the other Fallouts. If they aren't forced to rush everything out half done, as is usually the case, it will be a great addition to the series.
Edit:
Fox12 said:
knight steel said:
Humbug Fallout 3 was much better than New Vegas-it actually felt like an apocalypse game with a grim-dark world,new vegas was too goofy for me to take seriously >_>.
Yeah, I felt the same, though most people seem to disagree. New Vegas was good, but it did not feel like a post apocalypse. The world was fer too civilized. The opening to Fallout 3 is still one of the most memorable I've played, whereas New Vegas was... less than impressive. New Vegas also felt more linear, as they were clearly shepherding the player in the directions they wanted them to take, whereas Fallout 3 really allowed you to roam where you pleased. I did like the companions in New Vegas though, and I hope Betheseda took notes on that account. Credit where credit is due.
That's one of the problems with FO3. It raped the canon. The bombs had fallen hundreds of years before. The radiation wasn't so bad that all water everywhere was still radioactive, and most importantly: humanity rebuilt. Play Fallout 1 and 2 and see how much humans have adapted to the wasteland. Fallout 3 threw that away and acted like the bombs had fallen decades before, when literally HUNDREDS OF YEARS had passed.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
OT: I would like that, I was way more immersed in the lore of New Vegas than 3
Same for me since Fallout New Vegas felt more true to the original Fallout games than 3 did. Now 3 had it's moments with the funny characters, but they made it a bit too depressing and dark which, while the Fallout games are set in a post-apocalyptic future, aren't really how the Fallout games are. The Fallout games have always made me laugh in some way with how goofy it really was, and with 3 it didn't take me back to the times when I'd play Fallout 2.

If Obsidian were given the opportunity to make Fallout 4 and weren't rushed then it'd probably be my most played game ever to be quite honest. Hell I played New Vegas on the PS3 version which was the buggiest of all and still had a way better time with it than I did with 3. Hell I even have modded 3 on the PC and still find myself going back to New Vegas again.

Muspelheim said:
In the Elysian fields of my idealistic mirror world I keep in my heart, Bethesda and Obsidian developers join forces to create the best possible Fallout game. Together. Complementing each other's skills and covering for each other's flaws.

The wonderful design and enviroments of Fallout 3, with the much needed spark of life and purpose of New vegas. Why pick sides, when what we can do together can be so much more?

(I should write a game-themed speech for next May Day)
That combination would be both the best contribution to the sandbox genre as well as the buggiest thing to possibly grace this earth. XD

Knight Captain Kerr said:
Hell Tim Cain works at Obsidian now.
When did he start working there!? 0.0
I would die a happy man if he were working on the next Fallout game.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Fox12 said:
knight steel said:
My thought's exactly couldn't say it better myself ^_^.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Sure give them another chance but... please... let some other company work on building the environments.

You know what New Vegas had? Desert. AND MORE FUCKING DESERT. There is literally nothing interesting on the south half of the map, not a thing. And up top? New Vegas is 7 buildings, and 1/3 of the land is boomer territory, meaning empty.

Fallout 3 had all the environment, but none of the character. Mash them together in an engine THAT DOESN'T CRASH or LOAD EVERY ROOM, and that'd be great for Fallout 4.

Also get different music. Fallout 3's radio music fit the tone way better, almost all of New Vegas' is about lost love.

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
Well, the people who were responsible for Dead Money could pretty much get my get-go to take over the entire planet if they wanted to.