Obsidian Would Love to Pitch a New Star Wars Game To Disney

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Frostbyte666 said:
Could be interesting playing as a jedi trying to avoid being purged while Darth Vader and Starkiller are running around playing the boogey man like Lu Bu of dynasty Warriors. Have the Jedi doing good or bad deeds and the more they do the more attention is drawn to them, thus raising the sith awareness of you, but also the greater potential rewards. Of course this may raise continuity issues between episodes 3 and 4.
It would be interesting to see how the story goes around of mentions Star Killer, while I haven't played the Forced Unleashed games myself, I do believe they're canon. Correct?

Snooder

May 12, 2008
It would interesting to see how that plays out with Bioware and SWTOR. Given that SWTOR very definitely involves the KOTOR storyline, I suspect Obsidian would have to find a different place in the chronology to mess with.

wulfgar_red

Mar 15, 2013
no plz, no another star wars game. there is to much crap attach to it. stick to new IPs i beg you.

PS or ressurect some titles like baluds game and icewind dale

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Actually, after first thinking not Obsidian due to the bugs in several of their releases, KOTOR 2 and Fallout: New Vegas in particular, they actually might be able to pull this off.

I don't think the barely animated zombie with the Bioware name which EA are keeping alive has any chance of doing another big game that's any good, sadly.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Genocidicles said:
The KOTOR games are set a good few millennia before the movies. Not easy to tell, as the technology is practically the same.
DarksideFlame said:
This will be set between the movies Ep. 3 and 4 with the rise of Palpatine's Empire, so no you probably won't see Atton in the game
Maybe Atton will return as a Jedi-eating zombie shambling through the galaxy? Either way, thanks for the answer.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
KOTOR was great, I had 2 half naked sith warriors fight for me as i was shooting lightning in the background. Even ST: OR sucks as a free mmo, because there is no sex appeal.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ya well as long as TOR is still running there will be none of that, so perhaps arrange a carpet bombing first and then do the pitch...

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Another bug infested game, rushed to hell, with a piss poor ending, then they'll cry and blame the publishers for not giving them more money (ever heard of budgeting and time management)? Same old excuses every damn time. Fanbois keep up at it, this world needs more broken games.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I can honestly say that I don't want that.
Obsidian is an horribly incapable developer. Not even one of their releases was technically acceptable and they do not even fix their own stuff, no they just throw some half-assed fixes out and then quickly abandon the sinking ship hoping the community fixes their stuff for them blaming the publisher for all the problems in the process avoiding responsibility all together.
And the worst thing: The community buys this shit even so they repeated the same thing over and over again.

No. Please Disney don't give these trickster money to develop a SW RPG. Give to some other guys that proven they can deliver a working product.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Best news ive heard in a long time. Still ticked at Disney over closing Lucas arts, but I need new star wars games like the ones i grew up with damn it!

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Ishigami said:
I can honestly say that I don't want that.
Obsidian is an horribly incapable developer. Not even one of their releases was technically acceptable and they do not even fix their own stuff, no they just throw some half-assed fixes out and then quickly abandon the sinking ship hoping the community fixes their stuff for them blaming the publisher for all the problems in the process avoiding responsibility all together.
And the worst thing: The community buys this shit even so they repeated the same thing over and over again.

No. Please Disney don't give these trickster money to develop a SW RPG. Give to some other guys that proven they can deliver a working product.
Damn right QFT.

Give it to a company who is passionate about their games, and keep on giving after they launch their games. Give it to CD Projekt RED

Mar 9, 2012
Ishigami said:
From LucasArt's schizophrenic behavior on KotOR II's release date, over SEGA pushing the Alpha Protocol's release date but still going "HA HA! ...HELL NO!" on giving extra resources to polishing the game in the delay period, to Bethesda being responsible for the QA in Fallout: New Vegas, I would say that they are pretty justified in blaming the publisher in a lot of cases.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Blachman201 said:
Ishigami said:
From LucasArt's schizophrenic behavior on KotOR II's release date, over SEGA pushing the Alpha Protocol's release date but still going "HA HA! ...HELL NO!" on giving extra resources to polishing the game in the delay period, to Bethesda being responsible for the QA in Fallout: New Vegas, I would say that they are pretty justified in blaming the publisher in a lot of cases.
Keep on making excuses for them, every single game they ALWAYS blame the publishers. They should fire whoever is in charge of their time management and budget cos Obsidian will make the same excuse if given 10 years & 9 billion dollars to make a game.

If Disney do give the go ahead, I can guarantee you once the game is out Obsidian - " Disnay wont give us moar monies and moar time wah wah wah... plz blame dem for making us make a broken game, also plz communities fix dis for us"

Mar 9, 2012
BakedZnake said:
Keep on making excuses for them, every single game they ALWAYS blame the publishers. They should fire whoever is in charge of their time management and budget cos Obsidian will make the same excuse if given 10 years & 9 billion dollars to make a game.

If Disney do give the go ahead, I can guarantee you once the game is out Obsidian - " Disnay wont give us moar monies and moar time wah wah wah... plz blame dem for making us make a broken game, also plz communities fix dis for us"
Doesn't change the fact that they were very much screwed over on those occasions I mentioned. And you seem to wilfully forget stuff like their latest release Dungeon Siege III being pretty much flawless technically, and LucasArts blocking a massive patch for KotOR II that blocked that Obsidian was going to release for free. To claim they doesn't care about their games after release is hogwash. Plain and simple.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
BakedZnake said:
Keep on making excuses for them, every single game they ALWAYS blame the publishers.
Nice try fella, but they did not do that with Dungeon Siege 3

Blachman201 said:
To claim they doesn't care about their games after release is hogwash. Plain and simple.
Amen to that. Heck Josh Sawyer, the lead designer of Fallout New Vegas, made a website on which he distributes his personal hardcore balance mod [http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/] which he updated quite a few times.

He did that on his free time!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Karoshi said:
Looks Obsidian indeed might get the chance to develop the next Star Wars game. On the other hand it's too good to be true.

If they do get the project, then I assume it's gonna be an AAA project with expensive graphics and most likely full voice-acting. While I'm thrilled to see another Obsidian game, I hope it won't affect the amount of choices or length of the game.

Also, could someone please explain to me how the timeline relates to the other Kotor games? Between Episode 3 and 4 doesn't say much to me, since I'm no big Star Wars fan. Or to phrase differently, is there a chance that I might see Atton in the next game?
Kotor and Kotor 2 happen 2000-3000 years before Episode 1. Just as the sith empire is in its death throws and the enactment of the one master one apprentice rule mentioned in the movies. The republic also has an army at this point and is more closely tied to the Jedi both of which fade before the start of Episode 1.

I know it's not much help but they are far removed from the movies, and are only losely linked to them.

As for Atton. If the cut content is cannon then no he won't be showing up. If it is not then yea it can happen.
One charter that will be showing up is HK-47, because he always shows up to insult the meatbags.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Norrdicus said:
BakedZnake said:
Keep on making excuses for them, every single game they ALWAYS blame the publishers.
Nice try fella, but they did not do that with Dungeon Siege 3
Just a shame it was a bad game with a broken multiplayer